Your Songs

If you have a specific question you want me to get back to, put it here and I'll think about it

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

Shack

Your Songs

Post by Shack » Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:45 pm

Hi Frank,

I was just wondering, since you try and keep your political views & your music separate & as such prefer not to be thought of as a political songwriter, would you consider your music to be somewhat of a reflection on life along with your own experiences. (A bit deep for an early Sunday I admit).

By this I mean your music & lyrics seem to have lots of important messages & life lessons behind them such as living in the moment, spending time with the people you love while they are still here & holding on to your youth/dreams etc.

It just made me wonder whether you are happier to be thought of in this way because I'm sure I'm not the only person here who will say they have reflected upon their own way of living due to your lyrics.

Cheers

~Shack

frank
Site Admin

Re: Your Songs

Post by frank » Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:53 pm

uh, i guess i don't think about them in that way, i just try and write words that mean something to me and work as poetry (or whatever). of course that ends up as songs that do have implicit ideas in them and the rest, and it flatters me beyond words that there are people who are affected by them. but i'm not sitting here with a manifesto trying to get a point across, particularly. i just try and write what i consider to be good songs.
Shows? All of em.

"He's like an Uncle, I like him but I don't want to listen to him all day."

Shack

Re: Your Songs

Post by Shack » Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:24 pm

Well I think you hit the goal of writing good songs without much worry. I think its great to hear an artist these days who writes songs which have such meaning & that actually make people stop & think in comparison to a lot of the mindless 'music' that gets churned out these days.

So yeah, cheers & thanks for the great music!