sticking with what is said in photosynthesis

If you have a specific question you want me to get back to, put it here and I'll think about it

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

gemz29
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:44 pm

sticking with what is said in photosynthesis

Post by gemz29 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:19 pm

Hi Frank, I didnt want to bother you with more emails, I know how busy you are, so thought id just leave a message here. I was kinda looking to "photosynthesis" almost as advice on how to stay the way I am despite constant pressure to 'grow up' etc. Particularly the taking your own path idea. Just wondering if you had any comments/advice etc on how to stick to those ideas.
(p.s thanks for sorting my registration problem)

Gemma

User avatar
Emitime
Posts: 1039
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:15 pm
Location: LDS

Post by Emitime » Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:52 pm

Frank swears by relentless plastic surgery.
335, 411, 449, 460, 498, 500, 522, 623, 719, 980, 982, 990, 1000, 1021, 1079, 1080, 1142, 1216, 1377, 1419, 1423, 1564, 1623, 1719, 1792, 1889, 1922, 1998-ish, 2000
MH: 2, 7

User avatar
Blonde
Posts: 2089
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:19 pm
Location: Nottingham
Contact:

Post by Blonde » Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:13 pm

Emitime wrote:Frank swears by relentless plastic surgery.
And he loves playing with Lego and won't stop no matter how many times people tell him to grow up and stop playing with toys.

halfpint
Posts: 356
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:48 am
Location: Hampshire

Post by halfpint » Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:17 pm

I thought the lego thing was secret?

:lol:

Evan
Posts: 1839
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:06 pm

Post by Evan » Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:20 pm

Oil Of Ulay, a sense of self worth and leg braces.
Beverley, Birmingham, Blackheath, Boston, Cheltenham, Dublin, Donington, Guildford, Hatfield, Hoboken, Knebworth, Latitude, Leamington Spa, London, Manchester, New York, Nottingham, Oxford, Reading, Sayreville, Sheffield, Southend, Wembley, Wolverhampton.

User avatar
Roqueandrolle
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:33 pm
Location: Dublin

Post by Roqueandrolle » Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:15 pm

I hear he's also a devoted member of Club Penguin.

Silvio Lives
Posts: 53
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:39 am
Location: Vancouver

Post by Silvio Lives » Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:16 am

A painting in the attic doesn't hurt either.

User avatar
frank
Site Admin
Posts: 4196
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 6:47 pm

Post by frank » Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:45 am

uhm, i'm not so good as a life coach i'm afraid.
Shows? All of em.

"He's like an Uncle, I like him but I don't want to listen to him all day."

Pete
Posts: 6621
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:10 am

Post by Pete » Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:59 am

Evan wrote:Oil Of Ulay, a sense of self worth and leg braces.
It's Olay these days... cough, er, apparently...

Re OP: I think things like this are more a natural state of mind than something you can train yourself to be. I reckon in hindsight Frank might agree that you can get a mortgage, have kids and still be of similarly care free mindset when you're hanging out with your friends having a few beers. It just gets a little bit harder with each passing year to entirely let go as no matter how hard you try, shit like responsibility always catches up with you.

Evan
Posts: 1839
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:06 pm

Post by Evan » Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:23 am

frank wrote:uhm, i'm not so good as a life coach i'm afraid.
Nonsense.
Pete wrote:
Evan wrote:Oil Of Ulay, a sense of self worth and leg braces.
It's Olay these days... cough, er, apparently...
Showing my age, clearly.
Beverley, Birmingham, Blackheath, Boston, Cheltenham, Dublin, Donington, Guildford, Hatfield, Hoboken, Knebworth, Latitude, Leamington Spa, London, Manchester, New York, Nottingham, Oxford, Reading, Sayreville, Sheffield, Southend, Wembley, Wolverhampton.

User avatar
tampateri
Posts: 100
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:33 pm

Post by tampateri » Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:47 am

it's totally a state of mind. hell, i have a mortgage, a child, a career, i'm in a graduate program, and i'm still a kid in my head. i don't know anyone my age still going to shows and just letting completely go and singing at the top of their lungs. i don't see the people that do that type of thing until i'm at the show and i realize that we're all just a bit spread out among the adults. i don't see anyone singing with reckless abandon in their cars, either. they all must think i'm nuts. i am. i don't care. i make jokes in meetings that i probably shouldn't and i have no fear about getting in front of people and making an ass out of myself if it makes someone laugh. i'm the class clown and i really don't feel like i have to let go of that part of myself any time soon. i'm having fun.

greg
Posts: 3290
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 7:42 pm

Post by greg » Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:56 am

photosynthesis is a charter for Wee Jimmy Krankiesm.

Russ67
Posts: 61
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:34 am

Post by Russ67 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:13 pm

Frank is far too modest. My son just got this weeks Kerrang, inside of which is a double page poster of His Highness. I asked my wife if I could put it on our bedroom wall and she said no... put it on the ceiling.

That's marriage guidance right there.

User avatar
frank
Site Admin
Posts: 4196
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 6:47 pm

Post by frank » Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:39 pm

Russ67 wrote:Frank is far too modest. My son just got this weeks Kerrang, inside of which is a double page poster of His Highness. I asked my wife if I could put it on our bedroom wall and she said no... put it on the ceiling.

That's marriage guidance right there.
hahahahaha!
Shows? All of em.

"He's like an Uncle, I like him but I don't want to listen to him all day."

ToTheWest
Posts: 260
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:23 am
Location: Los Angeles

Post by ToTheWest » Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:11 am

tampateri wrote: i don't know anyone my age still going to shows and just letting completely go and singing at the top of their lungs. i don't see the people that do that type of thing until i'm at the show and i realize that we're all just a bit spread out among the adults. i don't see anyone singing with reckless abandon in their cars, either. they all must think i'm nuts. i am. i don't care. i make jokes in meetings that i probably shouldn't and i have no fear about getting in front of people and making an ass out of myself if it makes someone laugh. i'm the class clown and i really don't feel like i have to let go of that part of myself any time soon. i'm having fun.
--The first part of your statement is why seeing Frank Turner live is always one of the major highlights of my year...and always leaves me slightly hoarse. This past May, one of my best friends texted me after Frank played two shows in one night here that he had never seen me happier than I was while singing my heart out that night. :-)
--As for myself, I probably make an ass out of myself in front of my 12-year-old students every day--but so far, I think it's working! (And, in fact, I find being around all the kids every day less exhausting than sitting in faculty meetings listening to adults argue over what's best for those kids.)
Brevity is not my forte.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests