Folk by the Oak

If you have a specific question you want me to get back to, put it here and I'll think about it

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

hellbound

Folk by the Oak

Post by hellbound » Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:33 am

This is a bit of a cheeky question as its probably too far in advance but..

Having seen you loads of times and loved every minute and then got tickets to said festival I was wondering if you were planning a more folk orientated set list or sticking to playing the popular ones that everyone loves? (on a side note, missed the evening where you did Worst things happen at sea in the acoustic section but got The ballad of me and my friends so happy with that too)

I suppose I'm asking if you change set lists to suit whichever festival or show you are playing, like Camden Rocks for instance, different to a sell out show where the ticket buyers are there to see you as opposed to catching you after seeing other acts they wanted to see and turn up at your show as they might have heard of you from friends but have never heard your music.

frank
Site Admin

Re: Folk by the Oak

Post by frank » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:09 pm

Uh, I guess I do vary sets a little by audience, but it's balanced by a sense of trying to present my best self in all situations - I don't want to bend over backwards for an audience, there's a middle ground in there somewhere. We shall see.
Shows? All of em.

"He's like an Uncle, I like him but I don't want to listen to him all day."

hellbound

Re: Folk by the Oak

Post by hellbound » Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:23 am

Well I have to say an amazing set list made only better by Journey of the Magi! Absolutely brilliant