Must-See Documentaries

If you have a specific question you want me to get back to, put it here and I'll think about it

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

Peter T.

Must-See Documentaries

Post by Peter T. » Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:51 pm

Hey Frank,

Have you had time to see these two documentaries:

Free Solo" is in the theaters and on the National Geographic Channel. It recounts the fanatic devotion of free solo rock climber, Alex Honnold. This is a ridiculously compelling film.

"They Shall Not Grow Old" by New Zealand filmmaker, Peter Jackson, is about his masterful restoration of World War 1 British film archives. He transforms what was silent, damaged, almost unwatchable black and white film into real life characters who jump off of the screen. After the film, there is an equally engaging 30 minute behind the scenes explanation of the painstaking work that Jackson and his international team undertook in order to achieve this remarkable and thoroughly humane accomplishment. What a tribute to these long-dead British soldiers. WOW!

I would imagine the latter film would appeal to your devotion to all things historical, and the former would appeal to your incredible focus and drive.

Peter T.

rama

Re: Must-See Documentaries

Post by rama » Thu May 02, 2019 2:06 pm

I really like the new netflix documentation such as the one about Humboldt County. I also did like the documents about big pharma and all their lies. Since then i checked out websites like https://liftmode.com/mood-lifting.html and started experimenting with some supplements. I will never trust big pharma as i did before.
Last edited by rama on Fri May 31, 2019 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

frank
Site Admin

Re: Must-See Documentaries

Post by frank » Sat May 04, 2019 12:37 am

Yep, seen em. We have a fair amount of time to watch stuff on tour - hurry up and wait and all that! - and enjoyed them a lot. Free Solo was fucking terrifying. Murder Mountain is also great.
Shows? All of em.

"He's like an Uncle, I like him but I don't want to listen to him all day."