Microphone/vocals for new songs at live shows

If you have a specific question you want me to get back to, put it here and I'll think about it

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

Wilsobri

Microphone/vocals for new songs at live shows

Post by Wilsobri » Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:21 am

My husband and I were at the St. Paul show yesterday. We stayed after the show for a picture and are the ones from South Dakota. Excited for you to possibly check us off your list in 2019?!? :D

Anyway, we both thought the vocals sounded different on some (maybe all?) of your newer songs - are we crazy or are you using some kind of effects on these? Just need to figure out if we are going crazy!! Didn’t know if it had something to do with the style of your BMK songs possibly?

This was our third time seeing you (nearly 3 years ago at the Varsity, and two years ago in Papillion, Neb. with Flogging Molly). This was by far my favorite show (so far!) - the Myth was a great venue for you all and the other bands, and the crowd energy was great. We will be making our way to Red Rocks in August for your show as well - I absolutely cannot wait! Also happy to see that Tape Deck Heart went gold - I love the journey of listening to it front to back when I need to clear my head.

Thanks for all you do!

frank
Site Admin

Re: Microphone/vocals for new songs at live shows

Post by frank » Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:53 pm

I'm singing in a slightly more comfortable register for most of the new record, which makes it sound different. Luke (sound man) puts some effects on here and there as well.
Shows? All of em.

"He's like an Uncle, I like him but I don't want to listen to him all day."