Frank Turner Shop

If you have a specific question you want me to get back to, put it here and I'll think about it

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

northernlights

Frank Turner Shop

Post by northernlights » Tue May 22, 2018 8:55 pm

Probably nothing that can be done about this now. I pre ordered the Be More Kind box set. It was delayed in the States and wasn't finally delivered to me until last Friday when UPS said I owed them over $45 in brokerage fees. I pre ordered Songbook and had it delivered regular mail (looks like not an option with Be More Kind) and paid no brokerage fee.

I'm trying to talk to the shop to see if there is a solution but I expect I will be allowing it to be returned and taking their refund. UPS is well known, at least in Canada, for charging unnecessary fees and tacking over $45 CAD on top of the $103 USD is way too much for me to spend. The shop has been far so far and offered me a "full refund" (their words so I am taking them at their word), but it is disappointing as this is the only place to get this particular version.

Don't know how much involvement you have with the shop, but just wanted you to know what is going on at your store. Again, don't blame the website as they have been quick to reply, provided a download link to mp3s when it was initially delayed and I understand the brokerage is out of their hands but UPS is a problem here and if they continue to use them and don't offer me other options for shipping I will have to find other places to order from.

My only question here would be will the box set be sold anywhere else (Xtra Mile?) as I suspect I will be refusing to pay the brokerage fee and accepting the stores refund.

NickSouthampton

Re: Frank Turner Shop

Post by NickSouthampton » Thu May 24, 2018 10:26 am

If I order somethign in the UK from the USA then the courier charges me UK tax (VAT) when I recieve it. The courier also charges a collection fee. Sounds like UPS are doing somethign similar to you. Packages sent by mail are sometimes charged, sometimes not. Depends on if they notice and the declared customs value.

In the UK you don't get charged if the cost is under a certain amount, might be worth checking if this applies in Canada and ordering items seperately.
Nick in "Sunny" Southampton.

www.nickhaynesmusic.com/

northernlights

Post by northernlights » Thu May 24, 2018 8:55 pm

Bought Songbook from the store, price was about the same but it was mailed regular mail and no extra fees or charges. I'm hoping they will sell it elsewhere because there is no way I'm paying an extra $45 CAD on top of $103 USD. I have had this problem through work with UPS screwing up on customs rules and regs.

It's too bad because I would buy from the store again if they offer a shipping option other than UPS. This is beyond the shops ability to control and I don't blame them. As a matter of fact they have handled the situation and my emails great. Have nothing negative to say about the web store over this or the Songbook purchase.

Hopefully it gets sold somewhere else or they change their shipping options at some point.

northernlights

Post by northernlights » Mon May 28, 2018 12:03 am

Thanks for answering my question in General Discussion Evan.

northernlights

Post by northernlights » Thu May 31, 2018 8:24 pm

Just to update this; UPS was screwing me on customs charges because they don't know how to apply the rules. Took the paperwork to Canada Customs and got it sorted and now have the album. For Canadian fans the web store is only offering UPS shipping right now unfortunately and you will have to fight UPS.

Main reason for me updating is to say this was all UPS. Have no issues with the web shop and they were great in answering my emails and even offered a refund if it came to that. Glad I didn't have to go that road but great service from the store. If there are additional shipping options I would buy from them again.