Songs that have new meanings years later...

If you have a specific question you want me to get back to, put it here and I'll think about it

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

ryrypoli

Songs that have new meanings years later...

Post by ryrypoli » Thu May 17, 2018 7:11 pm

A few weeks ago, I lost my mom to a long hard-fought battle with liver disease and the very next time I heard "Long Live the Queen", tears just started rolling down my face because that song had a whole new meaning to me and it was never more relatable that in that moment.

I've always loved both the original acoustic (specifically Reading 2010) and full band versions of that track but it wasn't until I experienced such a tremendous loss that my love and appreciation for that song were truly elevated.

Are there any specific songs (be it yours or another artists) that you've always loved but then something in your life happens, good or bad, and it just completely raises it up to new heights you never thought possible?

I will be at the upcoming Pittsburgh show so if you see a really tall bearded dude screaming the lyrics in joy while simultaneously shedding tears during "Long Live the Queen", rest assured that will be I. :lol: :lol:

hellbound

Re: Songs that have new meanings years later...

Post by hellbound » Fri May 18, 2018 10:46 am

This is one of the songs that always gives me goosebumps in a pleasant way.
And so happy it got revamped for the Songbook Album.

unibowler

Post by unibowler » Sat May 19, 2018 8:07 am

Sorry for your loss. I know it’s hard. I lost my mom last year and had a very similar experience with LLtQ. I recommend a song called “Eulogy” by The Flatliners. I’d heard it a thousand times, but it took on a new meaning after such a huge loss.

ryrypoli

Post by ryrypoli » Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:03 pm

Even though I'm sure it was already in your setlist, hearing Long Live The Queen in Pittsburgh was incredibly special for my brother and I. Thank you for the memory, Frank.