1933 and Sensible Sundays

If you have a specific question you want me to get back to, put it here and I'll think about it

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

NickSouthampton

1933 and Sensible Sundays

Post by NickSouthampton » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:31 pm

Hi,

Hope you are feeling better.

Couple of quick questions.

1. Any idea what time you will finish on Senible Sunday (13 May). I'm comming up to London via Brighton Fringe Festival and need to decide if I can get back to Southampton that evening or find somewhere to stay the night.

2. On the subject of 1933. I know it is when the Nazis came to power, but I wondered if you have you come across generational thories?
The idea is that we repeat every 80 to 90 years. So 2018 would be somewhere betweeen 1928 and 1938. 1933 is pretty much bang in the middle.
The idea isn't quite as mad as it seems, a combination of reacting against our parents/grandparents and having short memories.
The book is a bit America focused but a lot of patterns do seem to fit.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strauss%E ... nal_theory

Thanks

Nick Haynes
Nick in "Sunny" Southampton.

www.nickhaynesmusic.com/

frank
Site Admin

Re: 1933 and Sensible Sundays

Post by frank » Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:35 pm

Hey Nick. LE2 shows finish at 11pm each night.

I have seen that theory, it has some interesting angles to it, can't say it directly affected the song as such. The date is carefully chosen, I should say, contrary to the outraged rantings of some of the denizens of twitter's opinions. I don't believe in historical inevitability.
Shows? All of em.

"He's like an Uncle, I like him but I don't want to listen to him all day."

NickSouthampton

Re: 1933 and Sensible Sundays

Post by NickSouthampton » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:42 pm

I read the book about 15 years ago and prediction from that point was much harder than it appears in hindsight. I think a lot of history is shoehorned to fit patterns after the event.

Trump helps make the choices clear because he doesn’t hide his motivations. I'm cautiously optimistic that the movement growing from Parkland students will help change the direction away from the current cynical crowd.
Nick in "Sunny" Southampton.

www.nickhaynesmusic.com/