The Searcher

If you have a specific question you want me to get back to, put it here and I'll think about it

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

Bossman66

The Searcher

Post by Bossman66 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:39 pm

Just some info, the original hbo trailer, for the new Elvis documentary ‘The Searcher’

Thought it may interest you and some others...

https://youtu.be/qULBo4iPV8M

Bossman

frank
Site Admin

Re: The Searcher

Post by frank » Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:53 pm

Nice.
Shows? All of em.

"He's like an Uncle, I like him but I don't want to listen to him all day."

Bossman66

Re: The Searcher

Post by Bossman66 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:10 pm

Well I’ve seen it.

Constructed from a viewpoint of and built around the ‘68 special. Nothing much that a true Elvis fan wouldn’t know, but a very nice presentation which concentrates on the music and Elvis’s control of production responsibilities in the studio.

Touches on the conflict between the Colonel’s commercial instinct versus the artistic development of his charge.

The big take away for me was the gospel music. I’d known Elvis loved it and the purity of his performance of the sacred music and knew that all his Grammy awards were for it, but by not choosing his more well known gospel songs ‘Crying In The Chapel’, ‘How Great Thou Art’ and ‘Amazing Grace’, instead interspersing ‘Farther Along’, ‘Run On’, ‘Hide Thou Me’ and the more well known ‘Peace In The Valley’ they really brought home how great his gospel performances were.

Highly recommended, especially if you have more than a passing interest in Elvis’ career.

Bossman
Amy worked in a bar in Exeter, Springsteen came clear in my headphones - Frank, did you write these lyrics for me?