Autographed Songbook

If you have a specific question you want me to get back to, put it here and I'll think about it

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

northernlights

Autographed Songbook

Post by northernlights » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:40 pm

Frank

Just received the Deluxe Songbook this week. I remember you saying you were signing vinyl copies and assumed that would include the deluxe vinyl but the copy I received was not signed and was pre ordered from your web site. Just wanted to ask if the autographed copies were just the regular vinyl and not the deluxe copy.

Not a big issue just want to know. The deluxe is a nice set, the 2 DVDs are great and the photo book is well done. I ordered the deluxe mainly because I did not expect to see it on this side of the pond and was a convenient way to get the DVDs.

Evan

Re: Autographed Songbook

Post by Evan » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:35 am

I know you're asking Frank, but I did the artwork for this and know the answer.

The deluxe was done at a different pressing plant and was not ready within the same time frame as the standard vinyl. It also doesn't have an insert like the standard vinyl, and was factory sealed at the plant, so the logistics of signing a whole bunch would have been nigh on impossible. The idea that some would be signed did not come about until after everything had gone to press, so no provision was made to accommodate this with the deluxe vinyl. I know some people are a bit pissed off about that, but they need to grow up and actually give some thought as to how these things happen. Can you imagine having to unwrap, open, and sign thousands of these things? Where would you even do something like that?

I am glad you like it though. I am very pleased with the end result.

EDIT: Not saying you should grow up etc. But have seen a few people be really pissy about it.
Beverley, Birmingham, Blackheath, Boston, Cheltenham, Dublin, Donington, Guildford, Hatfield, Hoboken, Knebworth, Latitude, Leamington Spa, London, Manchester, New York, Nottingham, Oxford, Reading, Sayreville, Sheffield, Southend, Wembley, Wolverhampton.

northernlights

Post by northernlights » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:50 pm

Thanks for the reply. Your explanation makes sense. I'm not losing sleep over this. An autographed copy would have been nice but really the autograph is less important, at least to me, when I'm not there at the time to receive it. And to be fair, I didn't notice it wasn't autographed until I had it for almost a week.

I bought it because I'm a vinyl whore. Sadly for me I'm of an age when 8 tracks were still a thing so the record collection of my youth is records. 8)

Anyway thanks for the response and I do like the photo book, some great shots and like you included what shows they were from. The whole package is well done. One critique I would have is the DVDs. I've put them in paper sleeves to protect them from scratches. I find that kind of storage can scratch them. Not sure if it was possible to have them stored in the book in a softer slot. Nice idea to not put them in full DVD cases and bulk up the overall package size.

Thanks Evan.

Evan

Post by Evan » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:49 am

northernlights wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:50 pm
One critique I would have is the DVDs. I've put them in paper sleeves to protect them from scratches. I find that kind of storage can scratch them. Not sure if it was possible to have them stored in the book in a softer slot. Nice idea to not put them in full DVD cases and bulk up the overall package size.
I am going to agree with you there. However, the options of how we could package them were fairly limited, and this was chosen as the best method for cost vs presentation. In an ideal world the book would have been hardback, and the DVDs attached via their centre hole, but that would have pushed the cost/sale price up dramatically so compromises would have needed to be made in other areas (like paper quality, the weight of the vinyl etc).
Beverley, Birmingham, Blackheath, Boston, Cheltenham, Dublin, Donington, Guildford, Hatfield, Hoboken, Knebworth, Latitude, Leamington Spa, London, Manchester, New York, Nottingham, Oxford, Reading, Sayreville, Sheffield, Southend, Wembley, Wolverhampton.