Butch Walker

If you have a specific question you want me to get back to, put it here and I'll think about it

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

adamparrott13

Butch Walker

Post by adamparrott13 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:55 am

Hey Frank,

I know I'm late to the party, but I just noticed Butch produced "Positive Songs" in Nashville. My friend Josh Kaler actually engineered with Butch in that studio until they closed it. Damn shame to see that place go. Butch is a hell of a writer. His tune "Bed on Fire" is one of my favorite melodies ever.

I was wondering if you could provide a little insight into how Butch influenced the record. Did he change arrangements or lyrics or melodies or did he just help get the best possible performances out of the team?

PS: My buddy Sadler plays with Jason Isbell these days. You guys are gonna get along great. I love that you're headed out with Jason. If I were Jason I wouldn't want to play after you and the Souls, and I think that speaks to both his character and yours. Have a great run with them!

PPS: I was one of the ones that dressed up as the Sleeping Souls for Halloween in WV this year. Can't wait to see you in Pittsburgh. Keep up the good work. Can't wait to hear the new record!

frank
Site Admin

Re: Butch Walker

Post by frank » Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:17 pm

Hi Adam. Butch came into the PSFNP process pretty late on; his main thing was just getting the right vibe in the room and getting the best performances out of us for what is, in essence, a live record. That's not to do down his contribution - I don't feel like I could have made the record as well with anyone else.
Shows? All of em.

"He's like an Uncle, I like him but I don't want to listen to him all day."

adamparrott13

Re: Butch Walker

Post by adamparrott13 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:03 pm

Thanks Frank!