Inauguration

If you have a specific question you want me to get back to, put it here and I'll think about it

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

DaveK

Inauguration

Post by DaveK » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:58 pm

As luck would have it, you'll be in the area for Trump's swearing in. Have they asked you to play? :D

And... see you Thursday in Silver Spring. Looking forward to it!

greezy

Re: Inauguration

Post by greezy » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:51 pm

I'm going, too. Looking forward to it. Say, Craig Finn plays in somebody's living room in Towson on Sat. Are you going?
Relax. This won't hurt.

DaveK

Post by DaveK » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:34 am

No, I didn't know that. My daughter attends Towson, but she's home on break. Don't think I'll make it to Craig Finn.

My wife and I will be at the Fillmore tomorrow. 4th time we've seen Frank together in the past 5 or 6 years. She said if it weren't for Frank, we'd never go out on a date. Been married 23 years next month, so dating is something you have to work at now. :wink: Trying to upgrade to one of the VIP tables at the venue. At age 61 my knees don't hold up to 5 hours of standing. Hope you have a great time, greezy.

DaveK

Post by DaveK » Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:32 pm

Wow. What a night. Probably the best concert I've been to in decades. All 4 acts were outstanding. And Frank and the Souls... perfection. You guys just keep getting better. Highlights were the opening number (which I'm glad I recorded on my iPhone because it's needed today), the crowd surf by the guy from MBD, your heartfelt words about "the elephant in the room" and the energy and music. My 6th time seeing you and I finally got to hear Losing Days live (a favorite of mine due to my age). My wife had a great time too. She's a devout Eastern Orthodox member and likes to go with me to see you, but dreads hearing Glory Hallelujah. You spared her that tonight and I thank you. :wink:

Thanks for a memorable night, Frank!

Hope you were as blown away as I was, greezy.

NickSouthampton

Post by NickSouthampton » Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:53 am

I wonder if "The Sand in the Gears " will lose any fans, and if it does if Frank will care.
Nick in "Sunny" Southampton.

www.nickhaynesmusic.com/

suitcaselife

Post by suitcaselife » Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:03 pm

Well Nick, there's more than just one discussion going on in the FTA (Frank Turner Army), but most people try to keep an open dialogue between those who supported Trump and those wo didn't. It's interesting.
58 gigs in 16 countries...
moving, keep moving - the tour never stops.

Twitter/Instagram: @MySuitcaseLife

eleanordc

Post by eleanordc » Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:33 pm

During the show in Silver Spring, Frank made a point to say a few words about respecting others and hearing their point of view. Certainly not the first or last time he'll do that. Of course there'll be folks out there who don't agree with the sentiment of the new song. However, if we can't be in the same space together and have a civil conversation about our differences, we are truly fucked!