Songs on Drugs

If you have a specific question you want me to get back to, put it here and I'll think about it

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

mankytoes

Songs on Drugs

Post by mankytoes » Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:07 pm

Hey Frank,

Just watched the film, very interesting. One thing I learned was that you have a bit more of a taste for hedonism than I was aware of.

Unless I'm being completely dense, which is always a possibility, I haven't really seen this reflected explicitely in your music (especially compared to someone like Beans on Toast). Just wondering if that was a conscious decision, or you just have never really had an idea for a song on this issue?

(I know there is Nights Become Days, but I would say that's a bit different as far as the theme goes).
If you're oh so fucking different, who cares what you have to say?

frank
Site Admin

Re: Songs on Drugs

Post by frank » Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:47 pm

There are some references here and there - especially on earlier records, Kingdom for a Horse and Imperfect Tense spring to mind. It's not the most engaging topic, for me.
Shows? All of em.

"He's like an Uncle, I like him but I don't want to listen to him all day."

waywardson

Post by waywardson » Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:23 am

Blacking in and out in a strange flat in East London...

mankytoes

Post by mankytoes » Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:30 am

waywardson wrote:Blacking in and out in a strange flat in East London...
I know, and there's a few other examples, but it's rarely explicit, especially considering Frank's lyrics tend to be pretty clear and to the point. I'm thinking "Cocaine" by Clapton, "Heroin" by Lou Reed, "MDMA" by Beans on Toast... That song is about, well, recovery, it isn't about cocaine or whatever.
If you're oh so fucking different, who cares what you have to say?

hellbound

Post by hellbound » Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:27 am

There are many many songs out there with Drug references....
However I feel Frank has many other topics to cover before worrying about what he does behind closed doors