show 2000

Talk about upcoming shows, discuss shows that have happened, this isn't rocket science you know

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

smartiepants

Re: show 2000

Post by smartiepants » Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:10 am

just about recovered from Norwich!!!! At work at 6.30 this morning so i can leave early for the 200 mile round trip to Nottingham, i'll get home about 1am completely bolloxed, got to be at work at 8 the next day but this is going to be worth every min, I said i was going to stop doing this when I hit 50, four years later here I am doing the same things I did in my teens ....recovery time just takes longer now

BRING IT ON NOTTINGHAM
Towns & Cities:: Cambridge: Northampton: Hatfield: London: Portsmouth: Brighton: Dublin, Norwich & only Rock City Nottingham for gig 2000 \0/

Kathbad

Post by Kathbad » Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:31 am

Portsmouth was awesome. Getting up this morning was less awesome.

Tonight is going to be something special. Tomorrow is going to be something else.
Life is not a rehearsal.

Women who behave themselves are rarely remembered in history.

smartiepants

Post by smartiepants » Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:52 am

WELL WELL WELL, what an incredible night that was, got home just gone 1am and made it into work this morning, I have no voice & i'm still buzzing, my only regret is that I live to far away from Rock City to make it a regular haunt & can see why it was chosen for #FT2000, that was special & the people there were great
just a massive thank you to Frank & the Sleeping Souls for giving us a night to remember, you have made an old mans body feel even older this morning but have bought joy to his heart & mind, how apt is losing days & Photosynthesis this morning, my Mrs swears they are songs about me but I guess many can identify with them & say that

again thank you Frank

ImageMy only shot of beans on toast crowd surfing at frank turners 2000th gig. by Martin Grindley, on Flickr
roll on #FT3000
Last edited by smartiepants on Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Towns & Cities:: Cambridge: Northampton: Hatfield: London: Portsmouth: Brighton: Dublin, Norwich & only Rock City Nottingham for gig 2000 \0/

BDBROWN5

Post by BDBROWN5 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:14 am

An absolutely amazing night thanks frank, big up beans on toast and the tailors for the supports aswell

The sort of gig you'll tell your future kids about

Kathbad

Post by Kathbad » Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:13 am

Or, of course, your current kids :wink:
Life is not a rehearsal.

Women who behave themselves are rarely remembered in history.

Evan

Post by Evan » Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:00 am

I had a very nice time, and somehow escaped a proper hangover despite drinking monumental amounts of booze. Nice to catch up with so many old faces, and made some new friends too.
Beverley, Birmingham, Blackheath, Boston, Cheltenham, Dublin, Donington, Guildford, Hatfield, Hoboken, Knebworth, Latitude, Leamington Spa, London, Manchester, New York, Nottingham, Oxford, Reading, Sayreville, Sheffield, Southend, Wembley, Wolverhampton.