UK tour dates announced....

Talk about upcoming shows, discuss shows that have happened, this isn't rocket science you know

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

Kathbad

Re: UK tour dates announced....

Post by Kathbad » Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:14 am

Salisbury, Guildford, Reading and Portsmouth sorted!

So tempted by Cardiff, but that might be excessive... Not up for Oxford as I won't sit down, and I won't shut up.
Life is not a rehearsal.

Women who behave themselves are rarely remembered in history.

DTM11

Post by DTM11 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:46 am

Got Doncaster and Scunthorpe tickets in the pre-sale and after a chat with the wife we've got Nottingham tickets for her birthday (it's the day after). Should be a good couple of weeks with a Biffy gig in the middle of it all as well
1383, 1419, 1423, 1523, 1622, 1631, 1789, 1982, 1991, 1994, 2000

portygeoff

Post by portygeoff » Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:38 am

A gig in Edinburgh and I am so excited that I misread the venue. It was only after I got my tickets that I realized that it was the Usher Hall. Front circle seats in my fav spot. (Partner not able to stand for long periods). Blimey my Karma must be in some credit, gonna buy a lottery ticket me thinks.

Marty_j

Post by Marty_j » Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:55 am

Kathbad wrote:What do you lot think about fully seated gigs?
One of best FT shows I went to was all seated Whitley Bay in July. Seats won't make any difference to a Frank Show

Here is a link https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=V2FEFOwKW5M

Only artist ever seen work a seated venue so well

binaural2002

Post by binaural2002 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:15 am

A seated FT concert? That does´t fit for me. Can´t believe that the people will sit a long time. Intro starts and no one will sit I think.
The only concert I was sitting was David Gilmour. And there You only could buy sitting tickets. But at the end nearly the whole crowd was standing.

smartiepants

Post by smartiepants » Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:54 am

we had seats at RAH for the teenage cancer trust gig, we didn't stay sitting for long
Towns & Cities:: Cambridge: Northampton: Hatfield: London: Portsmouth: Brighton: Dublin, Norwich, Rock City Nottingham for gig 2000 & FTLE

Marty_j

Post by Marty_j » Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:10 am

Just stand up as soon as lights go down every one behind you and next to you will follow. We stood up in row w at whitley bay just went down aisle and stood in row d for rest of show. Was awesome especially FT crowd surfing in seats

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=V2FEFOwKW5M

Pipsissiwa

Post by Pipsissiwa » Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:40 pm

Obviously I know & understand that everyone wants to stand up and dance at a Frank gig, but spare a wee thought for those of us who can't.

I book a seat (usually upstairs) at gigs (if possible) as I cannot stand up for more than a few minutes without pain and I have very poor balance. I'm not in a wheelchair as I can walk, just slowly and with a stick. If I cannot get a seat at the front, then I typically spend the whole gig unable to see anything but a lots of moving backs, which really, really sucks. Unless you are in a wheelchair, most venues won't let you onto the special raised 'disabled area, if they even have one. In any case there is limited space and given i can sit in a normal seat I don't see why I should take a valuable spot away from someone in a wheelchair who has no other option.

Just once I had a lovely person offer to swap seats with me so I could see while she danced behind me. That was a great moment.

So when you're all standing up and dancing, spare a second to see if some poor disabled fan is stuck sat down behind you and unable to see anything. Maybe swap seats or make some space nearer the front row, or maybe even just sit down for a couple of songs so they can see for a bit. :)

NickSouthampton

Post by NickSouthampton » Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:18 am

Pipsissiwa wrote:Obviously I know & understand that everyone wants to stand up and dance at a Frank gig, but spare a wee thought for those of us who can't. :)
Huge tick for that.

I would also add that some people like to sit during shows and they have paid the same as everyone else for their seat so they have a right to sit and to see if they want to. Best option is halls that have both options then people can choose.

I think the best time I have seen Frank was on the book tour, that was all seated at Cecil Sharp house. He played half a dozen songs solo, and it was brilliant. There seemed to be a lot more depth to songs when given the space to breath.
Nick in "Sunny" Southampton.

www.nickhaynesmusic.com/

Kathbad

Post by Kathbad » Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:26 am

Pipsissiwa wrote:Obviously I know & understand that everyone wants to stand up and dance at a Frank gig, but spare a wee thought for those of us who can't.
Thank you for this, it is so easy to only think of these things from one perspective. I have done gigs in the disabled area when on crutches, and have been refused access when on crutches (as not in a wheelchair), fully seated gigs would have been very helpful!

I do tend to spend FT gigs are the front jumping about like a lunatic - but again have had to be very much sidelined with restricted views when I couldn't.

Glad I had the reminder from you.
Life is not a rehearsal.

Women who behave themselves are rarely remembered in history.

SusanneD

Post by SusanneD » Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:57 pm

NickSouthampton wrote: I think the best time I have seen Frank was on the book tour, that was all seated at Cecil Sharp house. He played half a dozen songs solo, and it was brilliant. There seemed to be a lot more depth to songs when given the space to breath.
I was at Cecil Sharpe House as well and totally agree that it's very different experience to a) hear him play solo (and seated) and b) let the songs sink in much more than they do when you jump and dance and sing along. "Space to breath" is a good way to put it. Albeit I usually like the energy of a full band show even more. But I'm happy I had the chance to hear him play and talk at Cecil Sharp House
1447 | 1458 | 1527 | 1533 | 1550 | 1551 | 1584 | 1603 | 1652 | 1655 | 1682 | 1721 | 1809 | 1815 | 1824 | 1825 | 1826 | 1883 | 1917 | 1990 | 2047 | 2056 | 2058 | 2059 | next one 06-08 Erlangen
24 gigs. 12 cities. 5 countries
Twitter/Instagram: @dennasus

Gleena

Post by Gleena » Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:11 pm

Cardiff, Reading, Guildford, Norwich and Portsmouth. Whew!
Yank at large, hiding in London
https://twitter.com/Gleena
Shows: 32 in five countries and on the ocean.

Bossman66

Post by Bossman66 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:32 pm

I'll be walking to The Great Hall at Exeter University & walking home afterwards too. Yippee!
Bossman
Amy worked in a bar in Exeter, Springsteen came clear in my headphones - Frank, did you write these lyrics for me?

Tomasz

Post by Tomasz » Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:42 am

Pipsissiwa wrote:Obviously I know & understand that everyone wants to stand up and dance at a Frank gig, but spare a wee thought for those of us who can't.

I book a seat (usually upstairs) at gigs (if possible) as I cannot stand up for more than a few minutes without pain and I have very poor balance. I'm not in a wheelchair as I can walk, just slowly and with a stick. If I cannot get a seat at the front, then I typically spend the whole gig unable to see anything but a lots of moving backs, which really, really sucks. Unless you are in a wheelchair, most venues won't let you onto the special raised 'disabled area, if they even have one. In any case there is limited space and given i can sit in a normal seat I don't see why I should take a valuable spot away from someone in a wheelchair who has no other option.

Just once I had a lovely person offer to swap seats with me so I could see while she danced behind me. That was a great moment.

So when you're all standing up and dancing, spare a second to see if some poor disabled fan is stuck sat down behind you and unable to see anything. Maybe swap seats or make some space nearer the front row, or maybe even just sit down for a couple of songs so they can see for a bit. :)
If you need a seat in the disabled area, and it sounds like you do, then you should take one. I'm sure the venues won't have a problem with it if you explain.
Pete wrote:Sometimes, I wish I was a dog on a swing.

Dottles

Post by Dottles » Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:00 pm

So happy for the announcement of the date in Cornwall :D
Hometown gig for me, bloody fabulous!