UK tour dates announced....

Talk about upcoming shows, discuss shows that have happened, this isn't rocket science you know

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

doosrawin

Re: UK tour dates announced....

Post by doosrawin » Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:35 am

scotty94 wrote:
Bossman66 wrote:How have you got tickets?

I've not had the pre-sale link yet!

Bossman
Same here, got two email addresses registered (work and home) plus wifey has one but nothing on all three email accounts??
Check your junk mail - that's where mine was..

Evan

Post by Evan » Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:04 am

Beverley, Birmingham, Blackheath, Boston, Cheltenham, Dublin, Donington, Guildford, Hatfield, Hoboken, Knebworth, Latitude, Leamington Spa, London, Manchester, New York, Nottingham, Oxford, Reading, Sayreville, Sheffield, Southend, Wembley, Wolverhampton.

AstridW

Post by AstridW » Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:48 pm

SalvdB wrote:Who's around for the Dublin gig? It's my birthday weekend, I have never been to Dublin, and so it seemed like a good idea... to go on my own... ummm. Yeah, company required!
Im going to Dublin, flying in on Tuesday, flying back thursday. I'll also be on my own :) been to Dublin for the first time last week (didn't see the city but more the county) so im definitely up for exploring the city this time :)
Upcoming attending shows:
- November 16th Olympia Theatre, Dublin
- December 11th Norwich
- December 14th Portsmouth
- December 15th show 2000 Nottingham
- February 18th Agganis Arena, Boston MA

Bossman66

Post by Bossman66 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:02 pm

Thank you. I'm in for Exeter now, a gig I can walk too. Hurrah!
Bossman
Amy worked in a bar in Exeter, Springsteen came clear in my headphones - Frank, did you write these lyrics for me?

Kerr

Post by Kerr » Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:05 pm

I've got tickets for Edinburgh.

Hatchet

Post by Hatchet » Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:42 pm

Usual mixed results for me. Some of the dates I got, some I missed out on and will have to have another crack at it on Friday. Strangely, some which were unavailable in the morning, and I assumed had sold out, were there later on in the day.

Very nearly picked up some for Oxford, but the whole venue seems to be seated and I couldn't find any mention of the seats being removed for gigs. Weird. I couldn't bear to be at a gig and bursting to jump around and not being able to. The search is on for an alternative. Possibly Coventry or Cardiff, though I'm leaning towards Cardiff as despite the long drive it's a Saturday, so could make a day of it.

Just glanced at Frank's twitter. Much hilarity at people' asking "Why isn't Frank playing in my house as I don't know how to get anywhere else, and why is he deliberately, personally, sabotaging my attempts to buy tickets?" type questions. Again.

Viks

Post by Viks » Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:03 pm

I'm glad there are two Scottish dates on the tour and I was able to get tickets to both of them. Like everyone else I've got my fingers crossed for show 2000!

NickSouthampton

Post by NickSouthampton » Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:16 am

OK this is a winge but I'm not blaming Frank, this is a winge about the whole ticket process.

Emails take different times to come out, I have three accounts and they arrived about 20 minutes apart. They arrived just after 8.00 and the announcement said that they would arrive at 10.00

I had started checking for new email at 9.30 , just after 10 I checked my old mail (I get a lot of stuff) , found the email that had been sent 2 hours earlier. Clicked the link and found Salisbury was sold out. OK there will be more on Friday but the whole process of getting tickets seems a bit crap. When you add in all the touts taking tickets too, it is time a new system was developed.

I wasted an hour of my work day and if you multiply that by all the thousands of people who wanted tickets it is a lot of wasted time due to a crap system.

OK, it's better than standing for hours in a queue at a venue in the rain but this is 2016, there has to be a better way.
Nick in "Sunny" Southampton.

www.nickhaynesmusic.com/

Evan

Post by Evan » Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:57 am

NickSouthampton wrote:OK this is a winge but I'm not blaming Frank, this is a winge about the whole ticket process.

Emails take different times to come out, I have three accounts and they arrived about 20 minutes apart. They arrived just after 8.00 and the announcement said that they would arrive at 10.00

I had started checking for new email at 9.30 , just after 10 I checked my old mail (I get a lot of stuff) , found the email that had been sent 2 hours earlier. Clicked the link and found Salisbury was sold out. OK there will be more on Friday but the whole process of getting tickets seems a bit crap. When you add in all the touts taking tickets too, it is time a new system was developed.

I wasted an hour of my work day and if you multiply that by all the thousands of people who wanted tickets it is a lot of wasted time due to a crap system.

OK, it's better than standing for hours in a queue at a venue in the rain but this is 2016, there has to be a better way.

Although I understand your frustration, I also think you are being a bit unrealistic. First and foremost, technology is not infallible. He did say on some form of social media that there had been some technical issues with the mailout. Having worked in IT for many years I am more than aware that for mass mailouts there can often be issues as different mail systems have different criteria to pass before something of that caliber makes it through (many mail systems flag mass mailouts for quarantine, and process them slower than your average email). Plus they don't all get sent at exactly the same time (just because send is pressed, does not make them all disappear) - they are in an outgoing queue which needs to process. If this is going to thousands of people, it is going to take a while. It would be a minor miracle if all your email accounts received them at the same time.

Someone else suggested a different approach to ticketing on twitter, to which he informed us that this would increase the ticket price. So although we may all wish for a tighter restrictions that will stop the touts, I am sure most people would prefer a cheaper face value for the genuine punter. He also said this is something they are constantly looking into, and that there is some interesting technology in the pipeline.
Beverley, Birmingham, Blackheath, Boston, Cheltenham, Dublin, Donington, Guildford, Hatfield, Hoboken, Knebworth, Latitude, Leamington Spa, London, Manchester, New York, Nottingham, Oxford, Reading, Sayreville, Sheffield, Southend, Wembley, Wolverhampton.

helentx

Post by helentx » Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:29 pm

As of now Find Tickets tab open in presale link: Salisbury, Cardiff, Oxford, Exeter, Reading seats, Leeds, Aberdeen, Edinburgh, Nottingham. I refreshed 1 min ago.

NickSouthampton

Post by NickSouthampton » Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:17 pm

helentx wrote:As of now Find Tickets tab open in presale link: Salisbury, Cardiff, Oxford, Exeter, Reading seats, Leeds, Aberdeen, Edinburgh, Nottingham. I refreshed 1 min ago.
The Salisbury one is rather odd. The "find tickets" Tab is there but when you click on it it says "Tickets not available". It's just teasing.
Nick in "Sunny" Southampton.

www.nickhaynesmusic.com/

helentx

Post by helentx » Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:43 pm

NickSouthampton wrote:
helentx wrote:As of now Find Tickets tab open in presale link: Salisbury, Cardiff, Oxford, Exeter, Reading seats, Leeds, Aberdeen, Edinburgh, Nottingham. I refreshed 1 min ago.
The Salisbury one is rather odd. The "find tickets" Tab is there but when you click on it it says "Tickets not available". It's just teasing.
Sorry. Was live earlier in the day when I checked as were others which aren't available now but showing tabs. & Oxford & Edinburgh only have seats as does Reading. But Cardiff & Notts still got standing.

Here ends public service announcement!!! :P

helentx

Post by helentx » Thu Sep 01, 2016 4:10 pm

Reading standing link back on in the presale
helentx wrote:
NickSouthampton wrote:
Sorry. Was live earlier in the day when I checked as were others which aren't available now but showing tabs. & Oxford & Edinburgh only have seats as does Reading. But Cardiff & Notts still got standing.

Here ends public service announcement!!! :P

Watergirl

Post by Watergirl » Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:39 pm

I had read 9 a.m. in one place and 10 a.m. in another, so switched on the laptop at 8:55 just in case. I had the email at that point. I know this is not nice to read if you missed out (but it will be fine tomorrow), but I had no problems at all getting tickets for Guildford and Portsmouth. I even had to register for Gigsandtours during the transaction.
I think a link is a bit better than individual pre-sale codes, which makes the whole process more complicated.

Someone suggested credit card entry to get around touting. They have this is in the U.S. for bigger gigs. It hasn't worked as far as combatting touting, because touts use single-use gift credit cards, which they pass on to the customer with the tickets that people buy on Stubhub and the like.

Best of luck tomorrow morning everyone.
872 1064 1084 1087 1088 1133 1134 1184 1185 1216 1257 1281 1282 1307 1308 1309 1310 1364 1444 1445 1446 1463 1527 1529 1530 1543 1545 1621 1622 1623 1697 1698 1700 1704 1782 1784 1785 1786 1808 1829 1830 1831 1876 1877 1958 1977 1997 1999 2000 2076 2087

Kathbad

Post by Kathbad » Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:11 am

What do you lot think about fully seated gigs?
Life is not a rehearsal.

Women who behave themselves are rarely remembered in history.