Penn's Landing (Philly Show) Not headlining?

Talk about upcoming shows, discuss shows that have happened, this isn't rocket science you know

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

ryrypoli

Penn's Landing (Philly Show) Not headlining?

Post by ryrypoli » Wed May 04, 2016 5:49 pm

First this show as advertised as co-headline with Jason Isbell and Frank Turner. Not long after they added Chris Stapleton to the bill and when I went to print my tickets its listed as: "Chris Stapleton & Jason Isbell".

Frank isn't even mentioned on the ticket. Anyone know if Frank and the Souls will still play a full set?

AstridW

Re: Penn's Landing (Philly Show) Not headlining?

Post by AstridW » Wed May 04, 2016 6:03 pm

so it seems to be more a festival than a normal gig
Upcoming shows: Toronto, (Sept 20) , Montréal (Sept 22), Ottawa (Sept 24) Kingston (Sept 25), Antwerp (Oct 19) & Tilburg (Oct 20, my hometown!)

frank
Site Admin

Post by frank » Thu May 05, 2016 6:11 pm

We are playing a full set.
Shows? All of em.

"He's like an Uncle, I like him but I don't want to listen to him all day."

ryrypoli

Post by ryrypoli » Tue May 24, 2016 8:29 pm

Stellar news thanks Frank!

Ahh222

Post by Ahh222 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:26 pm

Anyone know what time they will go on? Not too interested in the other acts...
Thanks!!

Evan

Post by Evan » Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:01 pm

Ahh222 wrote:Anyone know what time they will go on? Not too interested in the other acts...
Thanks!!

Doors are at 6 according to Ticketmaster, so I would get there for then.
Beverley, Birmingham, Blackheath, Boston, Cheltenham, Dublin, Donington, Guildford, Hatfield, Hoboken, Knebworth, Latitude, Leamington Spa, London, Manchester, New York, Nottingham, Oxford, Reading, Sayreville, Sheffield, Southend, Wembley, Wolverhampton.

ryrypoli

Post by ryrypoli » Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:38 pm

I know Frank said a full set but since its "featuring Frank Turner" I'm guessing a full set is considered 14-16 songs.

I've been spoiled the other 10 times I've see him when he plays 20 or more songs LOL

darlenet.

Post by darlenet. » Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:10 am

This may not apply to your Philly show, but I just attended some of his shows with Gogol Bordello. And though Frank and the Souls played first, in no way did it feel like a non-headliner's set. It was 1 hour and 15 minutes, with an energetic setlist of about 17 songs. The general feel was of a headliner, especially with so many fans singing back the words. And the Gogol fans loved him! You won't be disappointed.
shows? 70 so far

ryrypoli

Post by ryrypoli » Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:40 pm

Yeah I just noticed he only played 10 songs in Cincinnati while Jason Isbell played 17. I'm only going for Frank & Jason, don't care for Chris Stapleton and I'm really really interested to see the order in which they perform.

I guess I'm just a bit pissed cause I bought tickets when it was promoted as Frank Turner/Jason Isbell co-headlining tour. They threw in Stapleton and most likely cut Frank and the Souls' set. I hope I drive 2.5 hours and I'm proven wrong!