Will Varley

Talk about upcoming shows, discuss shows that have happened, this isn't rocket science you know

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

NickSouthampton

Will Varley

Post by NickSouthampton » Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:01 pm

A huge thank you to Frank for introducing me to Will Varley's music. He played an amazing show at the Joiners in Southampton on Friday. I got the impression that a lot of the people were there because of the show he did with Frank at the Guildhall. Some of us bought tickets on the way home from the FT show. I will certainly go and see him next time he is in town.

A big thank you to the audience too. I think the audience makes a big difference to how much I enjoy a show. People were joining in with some songs but on quieter numbers there was almost total silence from the crowd, I just love it when I'm in a room with people listening. A few people chatting can really kill the feeling. I also appreciated how many people were watching the show directly rather than watching it through their phones.

Thanks Will and thanks Frank for the introduction.
Nick in "Sunny" Southampton.

www.nickhaynesmusic.com/

dutton316

Re: Will Varley

Post by dutton316 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:13 pm

He played Falmouth on the Thursday before. He's excellent at what he does.

It was a quiet, respectful crowd, a couple of people joing in on some of the songs but generally just listening. The crowd singalong of King for a King was a truly special moment that'll stick with me for a while.

Hope to see him again soon.
Keep Having Dreams

1526: 11th February 2014 @ Pavillions, Plymouth

Sivvy

Post by Sivvy » Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:12 pm

I was at the Joiners show too, and there were definitely a lot of familiar faces from FT gigs, which was lovely to see. Will was as amazing as ever, and I agree, the audience set the mood just right. I went with a friend who'd never seen him before (the fifth newbie I've taken to his shows - dammit, that man owes me some commission!) and she commented that it was the most diverse and friendly audience she'd ever seen. Always the mark of a great performer when they appeal to just about everyone!

JerseyGirl

Post by JerseyGirl » Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:43 pm

I saw will recently on the Salty Dog cruise and he was wonderful. Engaging and funny!

northernlights

Post by northernlights » Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:49 am

He opened for Skinny Lister in Toronto in March and was fantastic. Funny guy on stage and great lyrics.Bought his Postcards From Ursa Minor CD and would definitely see him again. His album is great too.

suitcaselife

Post by suitcaselife » Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:08 pm

I felt in love with his music after the second set I saw on the last UK tour with Frank and the Skinnies. The EU tour in january was a pain in the arse for me, as I was singing at every set - as loud as I could. And as I went to "some" shows of this tour.... I lost my voice every single time. But it was worth it. Can't wait to see Will again.. hopefully at the end of this year.
75 gigs in 16 countries...
moving, keep moving - the tour never stops.

Twitter/Instagram: @MySuitcaseLife

Säm

Post by Säm » Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:22 pm

suitcaselife wrote: Can't wait to see Will again.. hopefully at the end of this year.
I got really excited for a second thinking it meant German tour dates but I guess you're talking about the UK?

I would love to see him again sometime soon, saw him 3 times in January and absolutely loved it.

dutton316 wrote: It was a quiet, respectful crowd

I wish I could say this about the 3 German shows I went to. Not much pisses me off more than people talking non-stop at a show.

suitcaselife

Post by suitcaselife » Sun Apr 17, 2016 2:29 pm

He will come back to Germany later this year, currently working on the dates. We will annouce it asap.
75 gigs in 16 countries...
moving, keep moving - the tour never stops.

Twitter/Instagram: @MySuitcaseLife

Säm

Post by Säm » Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:09 pm

Awesome. Thanks for the info. :]