Dublin Gig - Ticket Master - Advice Please

Talk about upcoming shows, discuss shows that have happened, this isn't rocket science you know

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

Smoking Jim

Dublin Gig - Ticket Master - Advice Please

Post by Smoking Jim » Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:15 pm

Hi all,

Bought tickets for Belfast gig as soon as they came out. Had to buy through Ticket Master, who I'd never used before. I registered my details and bought the tickets - so far so good. I then tried to buy Dublin tickets, logged into Ticket Master, it asked for card details, which I punched in, only to get a message along the lines of "this card is already registered", and brings me back to the start page. I try again with the same result, and keeping going around in a loop seven or eight times until finally giving up, and deciding to buy by phone.

I had (naively I suppose) expected to actually speak to someone on the telephone ordering, but it's an automated system. I punched in my card number expiry date etc via the phone keypad, but had to speak, and spell out my email address. The money left my account almost immediately, but I've not received an kind of confirmation. I have opted for collect at box office BTW.

I'm hoping that having some photo ID and the card I paid with will be enough to collect tickets but slightly concerned that I'll get there and get turned away at the box office, or them have no record of the transaction.

Any advice or reassurances from those who have been in a similar situation greatly received

Laurax

Re: Dublin Gig - Ticket Master - Advice Please

Post by Laurax » Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:27 pm

I don't know about your problem, but as far as I know there are no tickets for the show anymore :(

Bella

Post by Bella » Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:16 am

Smoking Jim wrote:Hi all,

Bought tickets for Belfast gig as soon as they came out. Had to buy through Ticket Master, who I'd never used before. I registered my details and bought the tickets - so far so good. I then tried to buy Dublin tickets, logged into Ticket Master, it asked for card details, which I punched in, only to get a message along the lines of "this card is already registered", and brings me back to the start page. I try again with the same result, and keeping going around in a loop seven or eight times until finally giving up, and deciding to buy by phone.

I had (naively I suppose) expected to actually speak to someone on the telephone ordering, but it's an automated system. I punched in my card number expiry date etc via the phone keypad, but had to speak, and spell out my email address. The money left my account almost immediately, but I've not received an kind of confirmation. I have opted for collect at box office BTW.

I'm hoping that having some photo ID and the card I paid with will be enough to collect tickets but slightly concerned that I'll get there and get turned away at the box office, or them have no record of the transaction.

Any advice or reassurances from those who have been in a similar situation greatly received
if you registered for a UK account with ticketmaster you can check online to see what you have bought. Before you call them to check you actualy have tickets check if the money came out of your account and then also check what your online account says - look under orders after you log in.

ok - so the first thing you need to check - did the money come out of your account?
for the Belfast one?
for the Dublin one?

if it has, but you cannot see a ticket with an order number in your online ticketmaster account you need to contact TM, if not you probably don't have a ticket, but might be worth checking anyway, because you never know (incidently TM have always taken my money immediatly I make any booking).

if you can see both tickets in your online account, then everything should be fine.

if not -

Belfast is part of the UK, so that is ticketmaster.co.uk
Dublin is NOT part of the UK so that is ticketmaster.ie

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/h/customer_serve.html

the number you need to call from the Uk for Dublin tickets is the 00353 number, and yes , it is an international call.

tell them how you tried to book the ticket, and ask if they can see a booking for you.

Bella
x
1084 Kilkenny, 1088 Dublin, 1139 Newport, 1255 Frome, 1301 Southampton, 1303 Bath, 1307 Cork, 1308 Galway, 1310 Dublin, 1324 Dublin. Manchester, Leeds, Bristol, Birmingham, Southampton, 2000 Trees Cave, 2000 Trees Main Stage...many...lots

Smoking Jim

Post by Smoking Jim » Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:08 pm

Hi Bella,

Thanks,

Yes money taken from my account for both

I actually registered with ticket master Irish site ( ticketmaster.ie I think that's where the link from FT website gigs section took me) and bought tickets for Belfast there.

Belfast ticket shows in my account, nothing for Dublin.

Whatever happens I'll be there, even if not in the venue as flights, trains and digs all paid for!!

Smoking Jim

Post by Smoking Jim » Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:15 pm

All sorted with a phone call in the end - though he couldn't give a reason for me not being given a reference number at the time.

There is a way that you can link phone purchases to your online account, but must be done within 30 days of purchase (for future reference if any one needs to know)