Exeter, Cavern show announced....

Talk about upcoming shows, discuss shows that have happened, this isn't rocket science you know

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

Bossman66

Exeter, Cavern show announced....

Post by Bossman66 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:54 pm

Today a show was announced at Exeter's Cavern venue, capacity just 220!

I was 1st in the queue at 9pm, though some had gotten tickets earler I understand. In fact there aren't tickets, just a list behind the bar, with my name on one.

So excited, as I had to miss the Nov shows due to a trip to the US, to see Graceland, Memphis, Nashville and New Orleans.

Frank, you're a star supporting these small venues. Cannot wait for the show.

Bossman

sarahg

Re: Exeter, Cavern show announced....

Post by sarahg » Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:41 am

They refused to sell me one when I rang, can't get there to buy one in person, so that's me out sadly. But glad you got one. I shall just have to console myself with Will Varley and Chris t-t.

Bossman66

Post by Bossman66 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:28 pm

sarahg wrote:They refused to sell me one when I rang, can't get there to buy one in person, so that's me out sadly. But glad you got one. I shall just have to console myself with Will Varley and Chris t-t.
I'm not sure where you're from and I do understand your frustration, especially having failed to secure tickets for Springsteen at Boston and Adele at Bormingham recently (&many more tickets were on sale for both shows), but I think it's admirable that Frank a)Plays small independent venues and b) tries to ensure local fans get a chance to see their favourites.

I think a queue at the venue is fair enough when only 220 tickets are on sale, although I'm sorry you missed out this time.

Bossman

sarahg

Post by sarahg » Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:09 pm

Bossman66 wrote:
sarahg wrote:They refused to sell me one when I rang, can't get there to buy one in person, so that's me out sadly. But glad you got one. I shall just have to console myself with Will Varley and Chris t-t.
I'm not sure where you're from and I do understand your frustration, especially having failed to secure tickets for Springsteen at Boston and Adele at Bormingham recently (&many more tickets were on sale for both shows), but I think it's admirable that Frank a)Plays small independent venues and b) tries to ensure local fans get a chance to see their favourites.

I think a queue at the venue is fair enough when only 220 tickets are on sale, although I'm sorry you missed out this time.

Bossman
Hell yes I totally agree, I think it was done the right way, hats off to him. I come from Exeter originally but now live in Somerset (county town), I am disabled and without transport at the moment otherwise I would have driven to the club to buy a ticket. Not to worry I have seen him more than my fair share last year. Have an awesome night.
Sarah x
PS are you going to send Will at the Phoenix?

Bossman66

Post by Bossman66 » Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:27 am

Clearly not been here enough lately.

Will have to investigate that gig. When is it?

Bossman
Amy worked in a bar in Exeter, Springsteen came clear in my headphones - Frank, did you write these lyrics for me?

sarahg

Post by sarahg » Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:56 pm

Bossman66 wrote:Clearly not been here enough lately.

Will have to investigate that gig. When is it?

Bossman
http://www.exeterphoenix.org.uk/events/will-varley/
Will is doing his own headline tour and he's at the Pheonix on the 28th Feb.
I am going with my husband whom I have indoctrinated.
Will is wonderful, a lovely bloke and very funny too, I highly recommend.