Ottawa (Canada) Show - March 2016

Talk about upcoming shows, discuss shows that have happened, this isn't rocket science you know

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

Melp22

Ottawa (Canada) Show - March 2016

Post by Melp22 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:35 pm

Hey, looking for a few people to ride with me from Quebec to Ottawa for the March 12 show. Let me know if you're interested !

greezy

Re: Ottawa (Canada) Show - March 2016

Post by greezy » Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:34 pm

J'aime bien Québec.

J'acheté les billets pour Montréal. (J'habite à Washington DC.).
Relax. This won't hurt.

sarahg

Post by sarahg » Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:39 pm

I am so tempted to come over from the Uk, I have relatives in Kanata and Wakefield.
I have no idea about distances between places, or what the weather is like at that time of year.
Can you educate me?
xx

greezy

Post by greezy » Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:05 pm

I was in Montréal last February. It was about 8F on a sunny day and minus 8F at night. What's that in Celsius...wait, lemme check...-13 to -22. There's a lot of snow but nobody cares. Life just goes on. Bundle up. I wore a Swedish army parka, mittens, hat and scarf. I was fine once I got moving. However, I was always in the mood for either coffee or soup once we got to either a bar or restaurant.

They say us Americans hate to travel. I live near Baltimore and I'm in love with French Canada. I want to go there as often as my wallet/wife will allow. I'm a Montréal geek (Vraiment, oui!). I've never been to Québec. They say that the old part is très beautiful. Maybe my wife will go to Old Québec with me in the summer. But then there's no hockey. Grrrrr.....

Kanata looks very close to Ottawa. Ottawa is the seat of government and should be very cosmopolitan. It's not THAT far from Montréal so you could make that show, too. If you travel by car, I'd rent a four-wheel-drive/all-wheel-drive. You know that I'd never be snarky here on Frank's site but do English people have experience driving in the snow? In the Mid-Atlantic US, we're as far south as Spain but still get tons of snow. WHY IS THIS, HUH?????!!!!! If you aren't experienced driving in snow, I'd leave it to the pros and find a train.

If you go to the Montréal show, I'll be the guy with a beer in one hand and a coffee in the other. I'll buy you one of either.
Relax. This won't hurt.

reitzel6570

Post by reitzel6570 » Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:59 am

Melp22 wrote:Hey, looking for a few people to ride with me from Quebec to Ottawa for the March 12 show. Let me know if you're interested !
I'll be coming from the opposite direction, since I'm going to Toronto too, but I'll see you in Ottawa! Post over here to possibly find some gig buddies to travel with: https://www.facebook.com/groups/634046769946972
greezy wrote:I was in Montréal last February. ................... If you go to the Montréal show, I'll be the guy with a beer in one hand and a coffee in the other. I'll buy you one of either.
See you there! Just water in my hands. I live about 3.5 hours south of Montreal. I was there for The Menzingers on 03/15/2015 -- almost a year to the day that we'll be there for FT&SS. Let's hope that's not a bad omen. There was just a light snow as I left the city, but it quickly got bad, and nobody was plowing once you got past civilization. My hands hurt the next day from the death grip I had on the steering wheel during the long way of nothing and nobody between there and the US border, where the snow tapered off and turned into rain. Good times.

greezy

Post by greezy » Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:14 am

My hands hurt the next day from the death grip I had on the steering wheel during the long way of nothing and nobody between there and the US border

This is why I take the train. ;)
Relax. This won't hurt.

Melp22

Post by Melp22 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:04 pm

Might go to the Montreal one then :p It's just Ottawa is on a Saturday, so it's easier logistics wise since I have to be back at work on Monday hehe.

reitzel6570 - Thanks for the suggestion ! I'll post on that group and hopefully will find some people to come with me :)

greezy - If you ever come to Quebec, you'll LOVE downtown Quebec. It's one of my favorite place and it's so beautiful !