January 2016 European tour

Talk about upcoming shows, discuss shows that have happened, this isn't rocket science you know

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

Säm

Re: January 2016 European tour

Post by Säm » Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:22 pm

SusanneD wrote:
Säm wrote:Well, I'll be at both of the Hamburg shows next week. (Thanks for the tickets SusanneD.)
And I'll be in the lookout for the flag since I'm going alone. Hope to see some of you then.
You're very welcome :) Looking forward to see you there!
I hope to see you too!
My tickets didn't arrive today though. If they're not here tomorrow I'm screwed. *positivethinkingpositivethinkingpositivethinking*

suitcaselife

Post by suitcaselife » Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:45 pm

12 gigs, including two instores, in two countries, around 5025 kilometres, much alcohol and less sleep. Life is about love, last minutes and lost evening. About the fire in our bellies and about certain little feelings!

Best shows? Probably Vienna, Graz, Berlin & Hamburg #2.
Best venue? Graz, Orpheum!
Best songs? Smiling At Strangers On Trains, My Kingdom For A Horse, Love Ire & Song, Broken Piano!

You can get some impressions on my instagram account over here: https://www.instagram.com/mysuitcaselife/

Cheers!
65 gigs in 16 countries...
moving, keep moving - the tour never stops.

Twitter/Instagram: @MySuitcaseLife

Säm

Post by Säm » Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:06 pm

So of course the postal service messed it up for me cause I didn't have my tickets on the day of the first Hamburg show. (They got here yesterday though, kudos.)
I felt sick the entire time waiting for those damn tickets but thanks to the help of some lovely people I got into both shows which have been a blast. I am so thankful for that. I even ended up with an extra ticket which I could give away to a friend of a friend. (Thanks again Susanne.)

I loved that they played Father's Day in Hamburg which a friend of mine requested. Once We Were Anarchists and Balthazar, Impresario were treats too. Just like Imperfect Tense in Berlin. Loved the instore as well. I can't even rank the shows.

And I have to say that I fell in love with Will Varley. I kept singing his songs on the way back to the hotel yesterday which I had only heard at the shows so far. I got both of his records yesterday.

Skinny Lister were fun too. Though not something I would normally listen to but I enjoyed them more each time I saw them.

So yeah, I had a great time and am so glad that it worked out in the end.

SusanneD

Post by SusanneD » Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:09 pm

Säm wrote: And I have to say that I fell in love with Will Varley. I kept singing his songs on the way back to the hotel yesterday which I had only heard at the shows so far. I got both of his records yesterday.

Skinny Lister were fun too. Though not something I would normally listen to but I enjoyed them more each time I saw them.
Same here! Skinny are fun live, but I don't think I'd listen to them much on my own accord (at home, in the car etc.). I was so glad Will came along too, I've seen him first when he opened for Frank at the Albert Hall last March and I liked him a lot back then. I hope to catch him solo in Germany some time soon.

Been to 5 shows of this tour, my favourite were Bremen and the two Hamburg nights, which were both awesome in their own way.
Favourite Song: Tattoos, which was my request in Bremen. But I also was so happy to see him play Once we were Anarchists at one show and also Love, Ire & Song, which are some of favourites from the older songs.
1447 | 1458 | 1527 | 1533 | 1550 | 1551 | 1584 | 1603 | 1652 | 1655 | 1682 | 1721 | 1809 | 1815 | 1824 | 1825 | 1826 | 1883 | 1917 | 1990 | 2047 | 2056 | 2058 | 2059 | 2080 | 2129 | 2130
27 gigs. 14 cities. 5 countries
Twitter/Instagram: @dennasus