Mexico

Talk about upcoming shows, discuss shows that have happened, this isn't rocket science you know

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

Post Reply
ToTheWest
Posts: 258
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:23 am
Location: Los Angeles

Mexico

Post by ToTheWest » Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:07 am

I'm just gonna leave this here in hopes that it comes true. If so, I may just be crazy enough to see if I can pull this off... [Basic translation of the following is that there is NO official news of such a tour destination, but that Frank may have let something vague slip into a recent interview. I hope this is okay to post.]

Si alguien que vive en México lea esto… podemos ser amigos. :-) No hay ni noticias oficiales de conciertos de Frank en México, pero el dijo en una entrevista reciente que hay planes para “un lugar al sur de Texas”… Entonces, si este pasa, ¡quizás yo vaya si pueda! Me encantaría conocer mas aficionados de música allá.
Last edited by ToTheWest on Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Brevity is not my forte.

ToTheWest
Posts: 258
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:23 am
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Mexico

Post by ToTheWest » Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:09 am

Acknowledged--replying to your own posts is lame. Still, SO excited to be able to take the question marks off the title of this thread because it's happening! And I'm pulling the trigger and booking a flight because, well, I doubt I'll regret it when I look back on my thirties. Just going to post below in the optimistic hope that I can make some new Mexican friends in the coming months.

Estoy emocionada a conocer mexicana/os quien les gusta la musica de Frank Turner y quien tienen la paciencia por mi espanol pocho, jaja. ?Alguien?
Brevity is not my forte.

ToTheWest
Posts: 258
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:23 am
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Mexico

Post by ToTheWest » Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:26 pm

(The third in a three-part monologue, I guess.) Guadalajara show was an awesome experience. Packed venue and very excited crowd. Just moving this thread up in case more Mexicans are finally visiting these forums.

Gente de Guadalajara, !Gracias por una gran experiencia! Si tienes "links" a criticas/articulos que tratan los conciertos en Mexico, me gustaria leerlos. Chilangos, ?Como era su experiencia?
Brevity is not my forte.

JerseyGirl
Posts: 344
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:57 pm
Location: Sarasota, Florida via New Jersey

Re: Mexico

Post by JerseyGirl » Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:47 pm

Glad you were there to represent!!!

So how was the show?
Last edited by JerseyGirl on Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JulieTh
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:12 am

Re: Mexico

Post by JulieTh » Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:43 pm

ToTheWest wrote:(The third in a three-part monologue, I guess.) Guadalajara show was an awesome experience. Packed venue and very excited crowd. Just moving this thread up in case more Mexicans are finally visiting these forums.

Gente de Guadalajara, !Gracias por una gran experiencia! Si tienes "links" a criticas/articulos que tratan los conciertos en Mexico, me gustaria leerlos. Chilangos, ?Como era su experiencia?

I'm glad you're doing this since I hadn't seen it, I wish I had, we could've met up at the Guadalajara show!
Here are some links to some articles about the show in case you haven't seen them:

http://www.ntrguadalajara.com/post.php?id_nota=23798
http://www.informador.com.mx/fil/2015/6 ... l-2015.htm
http://www.informador.com.mx/fil/2015/6 ... ro-fil.htm
http://www.sopitas.com/556300-con-excel ... ebel-fest/

¿No se si prefieras hablar en español? haha no se bien de la experiencia de los chilangos, pero según el link del último articulo fue buena. ¿De donde eres?

reitzel6570
Posts: 211
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:46 pm
Location: Saratoga Springs, NY

Re: Mexico

Post by reitzel6570 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:40 am

JulieTh wrote: ¿No se si prefieras hablar en español?
I learned just enough via high school, my Cuban husband, and three years living in Miami, to follow the Spanish in this thread -- but not enough to write it. Keep going. It's fun.

ToTheWest
Posts: 258
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:23 am
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Mexico

Post by ToTheWest » Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:03 am

English first for JerseyGirl--
It was fantastic! It was part of a huge, eight-day event called The International Book Fair. I'm pretty sure there was a performance every night, but I have a feeling this was one of the bigger ones. The actual venue was an outdoor space (with a tent-like roof) that probably fit 2,000, and it was full! It was a free show, so yeah, more people probably came than would have otherwise, but I'm pretty sure they were all "converts" by the end. The people up front were singing along--apparently Frank's gotten some airplay in Mexico--and a few attempting to crowd-surf, and cheered like mad when Frank called up a girl to play harmonica on "Dan's Song." (She looked elated.) It was so much fun to be with a crowd who had no idea how long they would play, what songs they would play, whether there would be an encore, or that Frank would stage-dive during "Four Simple Words" (which brought out all the phones for more photos). Plus, he said some purposely funny stuff in Spanish, and sang "Eulogy" in Spanish (changing the "Freddie Mercury" to "Vicente Fernandez"), which they ate up. At the risk of sounding very cheesy, it made me happy to hear (and see with my own eyes) that Frank and the band had a really positive experience in Mexico and want to return, because it gets such a bad rap from way too many Americans, even though the vast majority of Mexicans are warm and fun-loving and most places in Mexico are fairly safe. Suffice to say they made a lot of fans happy, and likely gained a lot of new ones in the process. There's a girl named Maribel on the FTHC North American Army Facebook page who has been translating the various articles and reviews into English, and they're all deservedly positive so far.

Hola a JulieTh (y Wendy)--

!Gracias por los articulos! No tengo tiempo ahora por leelos, pero hare'. Vivo en Los Angeles, California. No soy rica, pero era importante a mi ver el primer show de Frank en America Latina, y encontre' buen precio para el vuelo. (Y ya sabia que me gusta Guadalajara porque estaba alla' por una semana en 2014.) Por supuesto, Guadalajara era el segundo show en Mexico, pero cuando compre' mi vuelo, era el unico anunciado. (Y ademas, para estar en DF, tenia que perder dos dias de trabajo.) ?Tu eres de Gdl? Lamentablemente, ya he regresado a Los Angeles, pero si un fan mexicana/o de Frank Turner visite a mi ciudad, estoy a sus ordenes. :-) [Disculpe la falta de tildes--es mi pinche teclada estadounidense.]
Brevity is not my forte.

JerseyGirl
Posts: 344
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:57 pm
Location: Sarasota, Florida via New Jersey

Re: Mexico

Post by JerseyGirl » Thu Dec 10, 2015 3:03 pm

ToTheWest wrote:English first for JerseyGirl--
It was fantastic! It was part of a huge, eight-day event called The International Book Fair. I'm pretty sure there was a performance every night, but I have a feeling this was one of the bigger ones. The actual venue was an outdoor space (with a tent-like roof) that probably fit 2,000, and it was full! It was a free show, so yeah, more people probably came than would have otherwise, but I'm pretty sure they were all "converts" by the end. The people up front were singing along--apparently Frank's gotten some airplay in Mexico--and a few attempting to crowd-surf, and cheered like mad when Frank called up a girl to play harmonica on "Dan's Song." (She looked elated.) It was so much fun to be with a crowd who had no idea how long they would play, what songs they would play, whether there would be an encore, or that Frank would stage-dive during "Four Simple Words" (which brought out all the phones for more photos). Plus, he said some purposely funny stuff in Spanish, and sang "Eulogy" in Spanish (changing the "Freddie Mercury" to "Vicente Fernandez"), which they ate up. At the risk of sounding very cheesy, it made me happy to hear (and see with my own eyes) that Frank and the band had a really positive experience in Mexico and want to return, because it gets such a bad rap from way too many Americans, even though the vast majority of Mexicans are warm and fun-loving and most places in Mexico are fairly safe. Suffice to say they made a lot of fans happy, and likely gained a lot of new ones in the process. There's a girl named Maribel on the FTHC North American Army Facebook page who has been translating the various articles and reviews into English, and they're all deservedly positive so far.

Hola a JulieTh (y Wendy)--

!Gracias por los articulos! No tengo tiempo ahora por leelos, pero hare'. Vivo en Los Angeles, California. No soy rica, pero era importante a mi ver el primer show de Frank en America Latina, y encontre' buen precio para el vuelo. (Y ya sabia que me gusta Guadalajara porque estaba alla' por una semana en 2014.) Por supuesto, Guadalajara era el segundo show en Mexico, pero cuando compre' mi vuelo, era el unico anunciado. (Y ademas, para estar en DF, tenia que perder dos dias de trabajo.) ?Tu eres de Gdl? Lamentablemente, ya he regresado a Los Angeles, pero si un fan mexicana/o de Frank Turner visite a mi ciudad, estoy a sus ordenes. :-) [Disculpe la falta de tildes--es mi pinche teclada estadounidense.]
Awesome!!! Thanks for taking the time to post twice!!!

JulieTh
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:12 am

Re: Mexico

Post by JulieTh » Fri Dec 11, 2015 5:37 pm

ToTheWest wrote:
Hola a JulieTh (y Wendy)--

!Gracias por los articulos! No tengo tiempo ahora por leelos, pero hare'. Vivo en Los Angeles, California. No soy rica, pero era importante a mi ver el primer show de Frank en America Latina, y encontre' buen precio para el vuelo. (Y ya sabia que me gusta Guadalajara porque estaba alla' por una semana en 2014.) Por supuesto, Guadalajara era el segundo show en Mexico, pero cuando compre' mi vuelo, era el unico anunciado. (Y ademas, para estar en DF, tenia que perder dos dias de trabajo.) ?Tu eres de Gdl? Lamentablemente, ya he regresado a Los Angeles, pero si un fan mexicana/o de Frank Turner visite a mi ciudad, estoy a sus ordenes. :-) [Disculpe la falta de tildes--es mi pinche teclada estadounidense.]
Hola! de nada por los artículos, si necesitas ayuda traduciéndolos me dices :wink: veré si logro encontrar algún otro que no se repita, encontré una que es de radio pero los que lo entrevistaron no eran muy buenos y todo suena algo incomodo, no se si la quieras escuchar aún así. Sí, soy de gdl, que bueno que lograste venir aunque termino siendo el segundo concierto, al menos si fue el primero en gdl. ¡Gracias por lo de la visita! si regresas por acá me dices para cualquier cosa, ¿tienes twitter o algo así? para seguir en contacto y no llenar aquí jaja (no te preocupes por cosas ortográficas entiendo lo del teclado jaja)

ToTheWest
Posts: 258
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:23 am
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Mexico

Post by ToTheWest » Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:16 pm

JulieTh wrote:
ToTheWest wrote:
Hola! de nada por los artículos, si necesitas ayuda traduciéndolos me dices :wink: veré si logro encontrar algún otro que no se repita, encontré una que es de radio pero los que lo entrevistaron no eran muy buenos y todo suena algo incomodo, no se si la quieras escuchar aún así. Sí, soy de gdl, que bueno que lograste venir aunque termino siendo el segundo concierto, al menos si fue el primero en gdl. ¡Gracias por lo de la visita! si regresas por acá me dices para cualquier cosa, ¿tienes twitter o algo así? para seguir en contacto y no llenar aquí jaja (no te preocupes por cosas ortográficas entiendo lo del teclado jaja)
Soy Anita Kill en Twitter, y Analisa Apellido en Facebook. Soy maestra de jovenes, entonces me gusta tener pseudonimos en linea. :wink:
Brevity is not my forte.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest