So what's this about a secret gig last night?

Talk about upcoming shows, discuss shows that have happened, this isn't rocket science you know

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

JerseyGirl

So what's this about a secret gig last night?

Post by JerseyGirl » Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:22 pm

Were any of our forum friends in attendance?

Evan

Re: So what's this about a secret gig last night?

Post by Evan » Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:46 pm

Pretty sure it was invite only.
Beverley, Birmingham, Blackheath, Boston, Cheltenham, Dublin, Donington, Guildford, Hatfield, Hoboken, Knebworth, Latitude, Leamington Spa, London, Manchester, New York, Nottingham, Oxford, Reading, Sayreville, Sheffield, Southend, Wembley, Wolverhampton.

JerseyGirl

Post by JerseyGirl » Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:26 pm

Evan wrote:Pretty sure it was invite only.
Was it a private party? Sounds intriguing.

Thanks for the reply!

Evan

Post by Evan » Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:23 am

JerseyGirl wrote:
Evan wrote:Pretty sure it was invite only.
Was it a private party? Sounds intriguing.

Thanks for the reply!

I think so. A friend he made a promise to or something. I nearly wept when I saw the setlist.
Beverley, Birmingham, Blackheath, Boston, Cheltenham, Dublin, Donington, Guildford, Hatfield, Hoboken, Knebworth, Latitude, Leamington Spa, London, Manchester, New York, Nottingham, Oxford, Reading, Sayreville, Sheffield, Southend, Wembley, Wolverhampton.

suitcaselife

Post by suitcaselife » Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:48 am

Gianluca invited about 30 friends from Germany, Ireland, England, Netherlands and Austria - gig buds & friends who I got know because of many shows he went to. I came in totally late, missed the first three songs and paid more than I will pay for my trip to the UK in November, but it was totally worth it. Pretty nice atmosphere, a lot of talking between the songs (like storys behind the songs) and after every song, Frank asked us, what we wanted to hear next. We have all seen him many times, so nobody was sad there were not many "normal set songs" like The Road or Peggy etc.
Ben Morse was with Frank, took a lot of pictures and videos... so I guess there is a chance there will be something online at some point.
65 gigs in 16 countries...
moving, keep moving - the tour never stops.

Twitter/Instagram: @MySuitcaseLife

JerseyGirl

Post by JerseyGirl » Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:02 pm

suitcaselife wrote:Gianluca invited about 30 friends from Germany, Ireland, England, Netherlands and Austria - gig buds & friends who I got know because of many shows he went to. I came in totally late, missed the first three songs and paid more than I will pay for my trip to the UK in November, but it was totally worth it. Pretty nice atmosphere, a lot of talking between the songs (like storys behind the songs) and after every song, Frank asked us, what we wanted to hear next. We have all seen him many times, so nobody was sad there were not many "normal set songs" like The Road or Peggy etc.
Ben Morse was with Frank, took a lot of pictures and videos... so I guess there is a chance there will be something online at some point.
Thanks for the report!!!

Setlist looked awesome and a photo watergirl posted on fb showed how small the audience was! Show of a lifetime, for sure!

Watergirl

Post by Watergirl » Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:45 pm

It was an absolute privilege to be there and, yes, it was a dream setlist. At one point Frank said, "I am sure none of you want to hear me sing 'The road', right?", so it was a fantastic request set. It did not get messy. People kind of took turns requesting. Mine were 'Cowboy chords' and 'Sailor's boots'. A few songs had to be abandoned because Frank did not remember the words well enough. He jokingly called it "The B-sides set".
872 1064/84/87/88 1133/34/84/85 *1216* 1257/81/82 1307/08/09/10 1364 1444/45/46/63 1527/29/30/43/45 1621/22/23/97/98 *1700* 1704/82/84/85/86 1808/29/30/31/76/77 1958/77/97/99 *2000* 2076/87 2153/54 2174/75/76/77/78

JerseyGirl

Post by JerseyGirl » Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:43 pm

Watergirl wrote:It was an absolute privilege to be there and, yes, it was a dream setlist. At one point Frank said, "I am sure none of you want to hear me sing 'The road', right?", so it was a fantastic request set. It did not get messy. People kind of took turns requesting. Mine were 'Cowboy chords' and 'Sailor's boots'. A few songs had to be abandoned because Frank did not remember the words well enough. He jokingly called it "The B-sides set".
Thank you for this report, too! What a cool night to be a part of.

Loved the photos!

Perry and I (well I haven't really checked with Perry;)) would like to invite Frank to do a house party in Sarasota, Florida and you are all invited.;)

kim182

Post by kim182 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:08 pm

It was one of the best nights ever! And I think we all just realized that this is really happening when Frank walked in :lol:
I filmed Ballad, not the best but i guess you get an impression: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiJK1YBU_3Y
I hate this place but i love these chords

JerseyGirl

Post by JerseyGirl » Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:53 pm

kim182 wrote:It was one of the best nights ever! And I think we all just realized that this is really happening when Frank walked in :lol:
I filmed Ballad, not the best but i guess you get an impression: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiJK1YBU_3Y
Thanks for posting this! What fun!