Anyone going to Meonfest next weekend?

Talk about upcoming shows, discuss shows that have happened, this isn't rocket science you know

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

Kathbad

Anyone going to Meonfest next weekend?

Post by Kathbad » Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:15 am

Just wondered!

We are having a family outing, so probably less moshing than normal (only probably!)
Life is not a rehearsal.

Women who behave themselves are rarely remembered in history.

Sivvy

Re: Anyone going to Meonfest next weekend?

Post by Sivvy » Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:30 am

I'll be there - with friends rather than kids so you'll find me doing some brilliant dancing (ahem) down the front - but I hope a Forum meet up will be on the cards for those of us going!

metalyellowman

Post by metalyellowman » Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:49 pm

Family outing for me too, taking my 10 and 15 year olds should be a great day and camping too!!!
Wem Stad,Regal Ox,Borderline,Hippodrome(solo),Roadmender,Hammy O,Paradisio Amst,WemArena,Roundhouse(Solo),Hexagon,LeamSpa,02 Oxford, Pavill Bath,HMV Forum,2000 Trees(Solo),Forum Hatfield,02 Arena,Ynot,St Albans, Oxford,Cecil Sharpe house (book tour)

Put-Lug

Post by Put-Lug » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:06 pm

Oh yes.. I shall be there!
Looking forward to it ...(although we still have to have the 'who's driving?' conversation!

Sivvy

Post by Sivvy » Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:25 am

There can't be many festivals where the headliner's mum directs you to your parking space, or where the first act on stage is the local primary school band. But Meonfest was a blast, just as chilled and quirky as last year.

Frank was as amazing as ever - not quite sure how he managed it after his two Glasto shows earlier in the day, but there was no let-up in the energy or passion on stage. Personal highlights for me included the double-handed Cahir/ Frank harmonica solo (seamlessly done!) and Frank finally admitting that, despite the intro he must have made at around 1,700 shows, he doesn't technically come from Winchester - cue the biggest cheer I think the Meon Valley has ever heard!

A fantastic day. Let's all take a moment to thank Frank's hand tattoos for making it possible . . .

Put-Lug

Post by Put-Lug » Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:36 pm

Hey Sivvy - I'm with you .

What a great day!

The sun shone and didn't we have fun! Quirky is right! (Loved the Southampton ukulele Jam!)

Never seen Frank outside before, he played and sang his heart out for us as the sun set. When he finished, it was dark the fireworks went off and I almost definitely had tears in my eyes!

I have been sipping water from my plastic charity 'Meonfest' beer glass at my desk at work all week and day dreaming about those days and nights that make it all worthwhile. I for one will return again next year... (Frank or no Frank!)

But Frank - thanks for making it one to remember!