Pre-Sale tickets for Pre-ordered new album buyers

Talk about upcoming shows, discuss shows that have happened, this isn't rocket science you know

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

GrumpyDad

Pre-Sale tickets for Pre-ordered new album buyers

Post by GrumpyDad » Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:00 pm

Hi,

I wonder if anyone can help. My daughter is a fan of Frank and we heard on BBC 6Music this morning about pre-sale tickets for his latest tour going on sale for people who pre-ordered his album. To be honest, I hadn't realised it was today they were going on sale.

Anyway, I didn't get round to buying the CD (double deluxe version) til about 1.30pm today. At that point, Frank's web page was still saying pre-orderers would get access to the pre-sale. So I bought the album and I guess I expected to receive some sort of link to the pre-sale ticket page in the hope I could get a couple of tickets at least for the Manchester Academy gig.

However, nothing of the sort happened. Indeed it looks now like mention of the pre-sale ticket offer has been removed but it was definitely there at the point of purchase.

Did I simply miss out because I left it too late in the day? Presumably there can't have been a limitless number of pre-sale tickets?

If someone could advise I'd really appreciate it. Otherwise we'll be on the ticket sites on Friday morning keeping our fingers crossed. :)

Many thanks,

GrumpyDad

Wazzock

Re: Pre-Sale tickets for Pre-ordered new album buyers

Post by Wazzock » Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:27 pm

This has been poorly handed from the start. the original email made absolutely no mention about any time limit. However it appears that some time yesterday there was a twitter/FB message that all of a sudden there was a cut-off of 5pm yesterday. I like you, only got around to purchasing it this morning thinking I had time before Friday, but when no code/links arrived started looking at the various fan sites and lo and behold......"It was 5pm yesterday", thanks Frank!!

Anyhow's, a bit of direct action later and I've got the tickets. Go to the "Store' site you bought the CD with follow the links for "Help", try 'billing' or whatever gets to an message box for Store Support. They reiterated that the cut-off was yesterday, BUT, sent me a code and the link to the ticket site.

Worth a go. Good luck.

And don't worry, if you get some tickets there will probably be t-shirts for £50 on sale at the gig......

Another Grumpy Dad

Evan

Post by Evan » Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:42 pm

Wazzock wrote:This has been poorly handed from the start. the original email made absolutely no mention about any time limit. However it appears that some time yesterday there was a twitter/FB message that all of a sudden there was a cut-off of 5pm yesterday. I like you, only got around to purchasing it this morning thinking I had time before Friday, but when no code/links arrived started looking at the various fan sites and lo and behold......"It was 5pm yesterday", thanks Frank!!

Anyhow's, a bit of direct action later and I've got the tickets. Go to the "Store' site you bought the CD with follow the links for "Help", try 'billing' or whatever gets to an message box for Store Support. They reiterated that the cut-off was yesterday, BUT, sent me a code and the link to the ticket site.

Worth a go. Good luck.

And don't worry, if you get some tickets there will probably be t-shirts for £50 on sale at the gig......

Another Grumpy Dad

The pre-order page clearly said if you order before 5pm yesterday.
Beverley, Birmingham, Blackheath, Boston, Cheltenham, Dublin, Donington, Guildford, Hatfield, Hoboken, Knebworth, Latitude, Leamington Spa, London, Manchester, New York, Nottingham, Oxford, Reading, Sayreville, Sheffield, Southend, Wembley, Wolverhampton.

GrumpyDad

Post by GrumpyDad » Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:52 pm

Wazzock, Evan,

Thanks for the replies. I honestly didn't notice anything about a cut off point when I noticed the reference to pre-sale tickets at about 1.30pm today. It's a shame it was mentioned on the music news this morning on the 6Music breakfast show when the deadline had already passed. And clearly reference to it should have been removed from the web-site altogether by today.

I guess it would have been handled better but we would have been buying the CD anyway.

Wazzock - thanks for the additional advice.

I'm not terribly put out. Buying tickets for popular acts at the usual Friday morning starting point can be a bit stressful. As for pricing - I don't know about the cost of Frank's T-Shirts but my daughter is convinced Frank and his team try to charge fair prices for his gigs and she's seen him a couple of times in Manchester on previous tours.

Thanks again, both of you.

GrumpyDad
Evan wrote:
Wazzock wrote:This has been poorly handed from the start. the original email made absolutely no mention about any time limit. However it appears that some time yesterday there was a twitter/FB message that all of a sudden there was a cut-off of 5pm yesterday. I like you, only got around to purchasing it this morning thinking I had time before Friday, but when no code/links arrived started looking at the various fan sites and lo and behold......"It was 5pm yesterday", thanks Frank!!

Worth a go. Good luck.

Another Grumpy Dad

The pre-order page clearly said if you order before 5pm yesterday.

frank
Site Admin

Post by frank » Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:59 pm

Worth a go. Good luck.

Another Grumpy Dad
The pre-order page mentioned the cut off time, sorry, it just did.

And if you don't want to buy a shirt, don't buy a fucking shirt. But they're ot £50, for the record. I make some money on shirts, but we keep our prices as low as possible. Once you factor in taxes, venue cut and the like, I can't sell shirts for £10 any more.
Shows? All of em.

"He's like an Uncle, I like him but I don't want to listen to him all day."

DaveK

Post by DaveK » Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:27 pm

Had no problems yesterday pre-ordering the CD and pre-sale tickets (for the gig in Baltimore). Can't wait to see you again Frank.

peanut7187

Post by peanut7187 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:47 pm

I pre ordered the deluxe cd yesterday so as to get tickets this morning. I was at work when they went on sale and didn't manage to get access to the internet till five past nine at which time the I was informed that the Nottingham tickets were all sold!
What a con!

Evan

Post by Evan » Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:56 pm

peanut7187 wrote:I pre ordered the deluxe cd yesterday so as to get tickets this morning. I was at work when they went on sale and didn't manage to get access to the internet till five past nine at which time the I was informed that the Nottingham tickets were all sold!
What a con!
A con? Where's the con in this? You weren't online at the right time, you missed out on the pre-sale allocation. Having a code was not a guarantee of getting a ticket.
Beverley, Birmingham, Blackheath, Boston, Cheltenham, Dublin, Donington, Guildford, Hatfield, Hoboken, Knebworth, Latitude, Leamington Spa, London, Manchester, New York, Nottingham, Oxford, Reading, Sayreville, Sheffield, Southend, Wembley, Wolverhampton.

eleanordc

Post by eleanordc » Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:21 pm

For fucks sake, Frank has a few well deserved days off and he has to deal with assholes pissing and moaning about tee shirt prices and self entitled people complaining they missed out on tickets because they were late getting internet access. Way to show your love people!!

eleanordc

Post by eleanordc » Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:26 pm

BTW I don't think it's mentioned often enough how fortunate we are that Frank actually reads and participates in the forum. Thanks, Frank!

peanut7187

Post by peanut7187 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:06 pm

Missed out by 4 minutes, it's not like I tried in the afternoon!
Don't need this shit anyway, was going to see him before the bandwagon started rolling.
Before he became just another Olympic sell-out!!!

Thanks for nothing.

sara

Post by sara » Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:46 pm

eleanordc wrote:For fucks sake, Frank has a few well deserved days off and he has to deal with assholes pissing and moaning about tee shirt prices and self entitled people complaining they missed out on tickets because they were late getting internet access. Way to show your love people!!
eleanordc wrote:BTW I don't think it's mentioned often enough how fortunate we are that Frank actually reads and participates in the forum. Thanks, Frank!
Preach it, sister.

Seriously, the idea of complaining immediately after getting these great announcements about new music and tour dates reminds me of a) my four-year-old in her ungrateful times when she starts asking for more dessert upon receiving a whole plate of it, and b) my ninth grade algebra students who haven't yet figured out that complaining and whining is not the way to get what you want, and who also haven't yet figured out that I am a real person - not just someone who pops out when they enter the classroom, and then disappears when they leave.

Frank is a real person who obviously tries really fucking hard to be a great entertainer and to be there for his fans. And since he is quite successful at it (as demonstrated by all of us being here in the first place), isn't "thank you" a more appropriate response than "you haven't done enough for me"?

frank
Site Admin

Post by frank » Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:46 pm

peanut7187 wrote:Missed out by 4 minutes, it's not like I tried in the afternoon!
Don't need this shit anyway, was going to see him before the bandwagon started rolling.

Thanks for nothing.
Lots of people wanted the tickets. There are limited numbers of tickets. You're not worth more than anyone else trying to get one. That's how it worked out. If you're not mature enough to grasp this stuff, I question your ownership of a credit card.

Sorry to be shitty, but it really grinds my gears that I and my team work hard to make stuff happen and then people are just shitty about it. The show isn't sold out anyway, only 20% of tickets are gone, the rest are onsale Friday. I'd say try then but I'm not sure if you'd wanna come, seeing as I'm an Olympic sellout and all.
Shows? All of em.

"He's like an Uncle, I like him but I don't want to listen to him all day."

Pete

Post by Pete » Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:59 am

peanut7187 wrote:Missed out by 4 minutes, it's not like I tried in the afternoon!

Thanks for nothing.
You are the fucking bandwagon, eejit.
frank wrote:Think of it like weight-lifting. High notes are heavy weights.

peanut7187

Post by peanut7187 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:08 am

frank wrote:

Thanks for nothing.
Lots of people wanted the tickets. There are limited numbers of tickets. You're not worth more than anyone else trying to get one. That's how it worked out. If you're not mature enough to grasp this stuff, I question your ownership of a credit card.

Sorry to be shitty, but it really grinds my gears that I and my team work hard to make stuff happen and then people are just shitty about it. The show isn't sold out anyway, only 20% of tickets are gone, the rest are onsale Friday. I'd say try then but I'm not sure if you'd wanna come, seeing as I'm an Olympic sellout and all.
You're probably right, it has left a bit of a sour taste to be honest.
Just wondered how do I cancel my pre-order of the cd?