UK Tour - November

Talk about upcoming shows, discuss shows that have happened, this isn't rocket science you know

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

DazShill

Re: UK Tour - November

Post by DazShill » Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:23 am

Have to agree with suitcaseselfie about the Newcastle gig, the venue was too small, the atmosphere was a bit strange and as for the idiots fighting i hope it doesn't put Frank off coming back to the North East because we're not all idiots, the show at Hartlepool last year was amazing and the venue was much better. Having said that it was still a brilliant night !

suitcaselife

Post by suitcaselife » Fri Nov 27, 2015 4:37 pm

DazShill wrote:Have to agree with suitcaseselfie about the Newcastle gig, the venue was too small, the atmosphere was a bit strange and as for the idiots fighting i hope it doesn't put Frank off coming back to the North East because we're not all idiots, the show at Hartlepool last year was amazing and the venue was much better. Having said that it was still a brilliant night !
I was told they only chose this venue, because all the other venues of the cities were already taken. (another reason why it was so hard to find a cheap hostel..)
65 gigs in 16 countries...
moving, keep moving - the tour never stops.

Twitter/Instagram: @MySuitcaseLife

Säm

Post by Säm » Fri Nov 27, 2015 5:01 pm

Quick merch question: Were there any beanies available at the UK shows? I would get the FTHC one online but the shipping costs almost as much as the beanie itself. So has anyone seen beanies at merch?

Edit: Nevermind.

Watergirl

Post by Watergirl » Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:21 pm

Only seeing this thread now. I did the same four shows as SuitcaseLife. My favourites were Glasgow (so chuffed to finally attend a gig at Barrowland!) and Nottingham 2.
I did not enjoy Newcastle. Of course Paris had an impact on the atmosphere, but why would that cause a crowd to be aggressive….? For me the "day after" feeling was a little bit like Roskilde 2000 and the Pearl Jam incident, which I was at (although different of course since that was a genuine accident). The day after at Roskilde everybody was super nice to each other and apologized for the slightest brush of an elbow.
Agree that Frank, the band and the gigs overall were fantastic. Really pleased that the shows are longer and that I got to hear 'Demons' in Nottingham. Rock City is a lovely venue as well.
872 1064/84/87/88 1133/34/84/85 *1216* 1257/81/82 1307/08/09/10 1364 1444/45/46/63 1527/29/30/43/45 1621/22/23/97/98 *1700* 1704/82/84/85/86 1808/29/30/31/76/77 1958/77/97/99 *2000* 2076/87 2153/54 2174/75/76/77/78

blastman

Post by blastman » Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:35 pm

I travelled over for two gigs, rather than doing a run of them, so I was at Glasgow and Manchester 2. Both were excellent, enjoyable parties, Frank and co in superb form and excellent support. My only gripes were missing Will Varley in Glasgow and Frank talks for too long during the sit-down in Photosynthesis, my knees can't take it these days!

suitcaselife

Post by suitcaselife » Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:52 pm

blastman wrote:Frank talks for too long during the sit-down in Photosynthesis, my knees can't take it these days!
I sign this. He could do the talking BEFORE everyone gets down. :roll:
65 gigs in 16 countries...
moving, keep moving - the tour never stops.

Twitter/Instagram: @MySuitcaseLife

Evan

Post by Evan » Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:45 pm

suitcaselife wrote:
blastman wrote:Frank talks for too long during the sit-down in Photosynthesis, my knees can't take it these days!
I sign this. He could do the talking BEFORE everyone gets down. :roll:

The getting down thing is the audience's choice. It doesn't always happen. When it does, they have a tendency to start doing it before he asks them to, and anyone who remembers this song prior to the leaping up bit will also remember he has always wanged on for ages at that point.
Beverley, Birmingham, Blackheath, Boston, Cheltenham, Dublin, Donington, Guildford, Hatfield, Hoboken, Knebworth, Latitude, Leamington Spa, London, Manchester, New York, Nottingham, Oxford, Reading, Sayreville, Sheffield, Southend, Wembley, Wolverhampton.

Marty_j

Post by Marty_j » Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:41 pm

Hands down the Newcastle show was one of the best I have been to after Hull last year. I don't get this "aggressive audience" slant. I was right next to the two guys causing issues and they were really drunk and annoying people by overly falling into folk. During Peggy I and a few others called them out by pointing at them towards security which FT saw and stopped the song, those there know the rest. The rest of the gig was lovely, the big circle during The Next Storm and Four Simple Words, people jumping and getting right into it. Didn't see ANY fighting at all.

I get the issues with venue layout to the right of the stage by the merch was clearly going to be woeful but there was stacks of room to the left. Its years since I have been to Uni for gig, I always though there were sort of two levels which helped with view.

Anyway all in all top top gig, we got glorious you (acoustic) and the set was magnificent and very moving given previous nights events.