Do you know anyone catching Frank's Reading Festival set?

Talk about upcoming shows, discuss shows that have happened, this isn't rocket science you know

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

reitzel6570

Re: Do you know anyone catching Frank's Reading Festival set

Post by reitzel6570 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:16 am

skhmmxi wrote:Let me put this bluntly for you: Suck it up and sack off The Libertines and go make seeing frank at Reading the perfect evening for Carly, or get ready to fire up your Tinder account. :lol:
Eh. Sounds like a dangerous precedent to set. If my spousal unit isn't as into something as I am, or would be missing something that he'd rather be doing, then I don't want him there pretending to give a shit to make me happy. And if either of us tried to guilt the other into something or threatened "all manor of drastic consequences" (not sure how tongue in cheek that was), the phrase "go fuck yourself" would definitely be in the air. But that's just what works for us. I've been told multiple times that I have a weird marriage.

Pete

Post by Pete » Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:00 am

reitzel6570 wrote:
skhmmxi wrote:Let me put this bluntly for you: Suck it up and sack off The Libertines and go make seeing frank at Reading the perfect evening for Carly, or get ready to fire up your Tinder account. :lol:
Eh. Sounds like a dangerous precedent to set. If my spousal unit isn't as into something as I am, or would be missing something that he'd rather be doing, then I don't want him there pretending to give a shit to make me happy. And if either of us tried to guilt the other into something or threatened "all manor of drastic consequences" (not sure how tongue in cheek that was), the phrase "go fuck yourself" would definitely be in the air. But that's just what works for us. I've been told multiple times that I have a weird marriage.
You've never met Blonde... Easier to just do as he's told...
frank wrote:Think of it like weight-lifting. High notes are heavy weights.

Blonde

Post by Blonde » Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:45 pm

Pete, just because thats how things work in your relationship, doesn't mean its the same for everyone else.

However, I'm glad that someone has finally realised this.

Tomasz

Post by Tomasz » Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:53 am

The libertines are going nowhere, they need the cash. They are also, for the record, rubbish live, and lost on a main stage.
Pete wrote:Sometimes, I wish I was a dog on a swing.

justdip

Post by justdip » Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:08 am

Frank's doing a Uk tour this year.
The Libertines aren't. Seems pretty simple to me.

Pete

Post by Pete » Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:25 am

Hmmm... except it's a special solo headline show that marks the point where he becomes the first act in history to play nine consecutive Reading festival shows. It's a circular argument as people will just go to watch who they want to watch, but it's not quite so basic as 'Frank's doing other shows, you can see him then' as I'd guess Frank has this pegged as a pretty unique and special gig that he'll be pulling out all the stops for.

Plus, the Libertines truly are god-awful. If you're going to miss Frank, you might as well go watch Refused.

justdip

Post by justdip » Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:27 am

It's a half hour set, don't really know what special thing you're expecting.

Pete

Post by Pete » Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:40 am

Not entirely sure where you are getting half an hour from, but regardless I imagine it'll be the only solo show that I and many others make it to this year, whilst also marking the occasion of a ninth successive Reading, as previously mentioned. Finally, judging by your comment I'm also unlikely to be subjected to you writing it up either, so another win.