Teenage Cancer Trust

Talk about upcoming shows, discuss shows that have happened, this isn't rocket science you know

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

Evan

Teenage Cancer Trust

Post by Evan » Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:39 am

Turner is the final headline act for this year's Teenage Cancer Trust at The Royal Albert Hall: https://teenagecancertrust.org/about-us ... -hall/2015

Tickets on sale tomorrow.
Beverley, Birmingham, Blackheath, Boston, Cheltenham, Dublin, Donington, Guildford, Hatfield, Hoboken, Knebworth, Latitude, Leamington Spa, London, Manchester, New York, Nottingham, Oxford, Reading, Sayreville, Sheffield, Southend, Wembley, Wolverhampton.

Rubber_Soul

Re: Teenage Cancer Trust

Post by Rubber_Soul » Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:38 pm

Sounds like a winner to me. Chances of it selling out instantly? I won't be able to book tickets until 12ish.
My acoustic sessions and history of Addistock gigs etc... - http://addistock.wordpress.com/

Find Addistock on facebook and twitter here - - http://www.facebook.com/AddistockSessions or http://twitter.com/addistock

marowak

Post by marowak » Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:45 pm

Lovely venue. I'm sure that will be a good show.
06 06.3 08.8
07 04.4 11.5 17.5 08.6 10.11
08 28.3 21.04 13.6 06.7 06.9
09 11.1 06.2 21.4 10.10 29.10
10 23.3 16.7 12.12
11 12.2 12.5 30.5 27.11
12 13.4 28.11 28.12x2
13 10.1 24.6 11.7 12.7
14 12.2 13.2 14.9 17.12
15 29.1 02.2 13.8 7.11
16 10.12 12.12

Evan

Post by Evan » Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:47 am

Looks like we are going to being Eva along, which will be fun.
Beverley, Birmingham, Blackheath, Boston, Cheltenham, Dublin, Donington, Guildford, Hatfield, Hoboken, Knebworth, Latitude, Leamington Spa, London, Manchester, New York, Nottingham, Oxford, Reading, Sayreville, Sheffield, Southend, Wembley, Wolverhampton.

SusanneD

Post by SusanneD » Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:11 am

Successfully bought a ticket this morning. Yes! And that's the 2nd crazy "travelling to London mainly because of a FT gig" trip I'm doing within 14 months (was at O2 last year). Oh well... it's the Royal Albert Hall, that's a good enough reason, right? Right!
"And the only things that holds me back are the things I hold inside..."
34 gigs. 15 cities. 6 countries.
Twitter/Instagram: @dennasus

Evan

Post by Evan » Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:29 am

SusanneD wrote:Successfully bought a ticket this morning. Yes! And that's the 2nd crazy "travelling to London mainly because of a FT gig" trip I'm doing within 14 months (was at O2 last year). Oh well... it's the Royal Albert Hall, that's a good enough reason, right? Right!

Indeed it is. I have been hankering for him to play there for years.

Evan

Post by Evan » Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:33 am

Looks like floor standing is gone...not that I care...because I'm in a mortherfucking box!!! GET IN!

SusanneD

Post by SusanneD » Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:50 am

Evan wrote:because I'm in a mortherfucking box!!! GET IN!
Sell-out! :lol: But unterstandable if you want to bring Eva along.

And seriously, I just checked availabilty a few minutes ago as well, and I'm soooo glad I got my stall ticket minutes after the ticket sale started.

Sivvy

Post by Sivvy » Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:51 am

Show off! I'll be throwing some shapes in the standing area - take cover, anyone within a metre radius . . .

So excited - great venue and a great cause.

madnag

Post by madnag » Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:05 pm

Ticketmaster still have standing tickets :D just got mine xx

Evan

Post by Evan » Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:27 pm

SusanneD wrote:
Evan wrote:because I'm in a mortherfucking box!!! GET IN!
Sell-out! :lol: But unterstandable if you want to bring Eva along.
I don't even know what that means. I would take a box over standing any day of the week, child in tow or not. I have zero desire to get all squishy and sweaty with anyone.

blastman

Post by blastman » Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:36 pm

I got "gallery standing", whatever the hell that is. I've wanted to go to the RAH for a long time, this was the perfect excuse.

Evan

Post by Evan » Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:41 pm

blastman wrote:I got "gallery standing", whatever the hell that is. I've wanted to go to the RAH for a long time, this was the perfect excuse.

That's riiiight up at the top. Nice view, although can feel a bit removed. I would recommend securing a spot early

SusanneD

Post by SusanneD » Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:58 pm

Evan wrote: I would take a box over standing any day of the week, child in tow or not. I have zero desire to get all squishy and sweaty with anyone.
I don't mind the squishy and sweaty all that much, but admit I'm a bit on the fence myself in regards to standing room vs. seats. I love to wildly sing and dance along and that's easier done down in standing room and not among people who urge you to sit down so they can see the stage...

But standing room requires.... well, standing. A LOT. Before the show starts and between the support acts etc. And this almost 40yo really likes to have a (clean) seat to sit on during that. It's only my second FT gig in a venue with seats, so I'll make good use of it.

Evan

Post by Evan » Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:32 pm

SusanneD wrote:
Evan wrote: I would take a box over standing any day of the week, child in tow or not. I have zero desire to get all squishy and sweaty with anyone.
I don't mind the squishy and sweaty all that much, but admit I'm a bit on the fence myself in regards to standing room vs. seats. I love to wildly sing and dance along and that's easier done down in standing room and not among people who urge you to sit down so they can see the stage...

But standing room requires.... well, standing. A LOT. Before the show starts and between the support acts etc. And this almost 40yo really likes to have a (clean) seat to sit on during that. It's only my second FT gig in a venue with seats, so I'll make good use of it.

At this juncture in time, I have seen Frank so many times that my motivation for singing and dancing has dropped off somewhat. I might bust the odd move here and there, but on the whole I'm quietly watching, so give me a seat please.