Hartlepool gig last night

Talk about upcoming shows, discuss shows that have happened, this isn't rocket science you know

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

Oakdale

Hartlepool gig last night

Post by Oakdale » Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:15 am

Loved it, kept the camera phone in my pocket and watched the gig with Mk1 Eyeball, enjoyed every minute. Frank asked for no cameras for the new songs and from the balcony you could see almost every one put away for the duration. It was an energetic show, helped by the fact that everyone now had two arms to wave around.
Koo Koo Kanga Roo were like a Playaway fitness video on Red Bull. Showing my age now if anyone remembers Playaway. I wasn't quite sure where it was going until they took to the floor and had everyone involved, then it took off :-)
Frank and the Sleeping Souls just get better and better, thanks for a great night.

sarahg

Re: Hartlepool gig last night

Post by sarahg » Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:29 am

Oakdale wrote:Loved it, kept the camera phone in my pocket and watched the gig with Mk1 Eyeball, enjoyed every minute. Frank asked for no cameras for the new songs and from the balcony you could see almost every one put away for the duration. It was an energetic show, helped by the fact that everyone now had two arms to wave around.
Koo Koo Kanga Roo were like a Playaway fitness video on Red Bull. Showing my age now if anyone remembers Playaway. I wasn't quite sure where it was going until they took to the floor and had everyone involved, then it took off :-)
Frank and the Sleeping Souls just get better and better, thanks for a great night.
Ha! Just to make you feel better I remember Playaway too!

Oakdale

Post by Oakdale » Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:22 am

Strangely.... No :-)
Just reminded myself, Toni Arthur, Brian Cant and some unknown geezer called Jeremy Irons:
Playaway - closing titles.: http://youtu.be/WjPprQd6HF8

sarahg

Post by sarahg » Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:45 am

Oakdale wrote:Strangely.... No :-)
Just reminded myself, Toni Arthur, Brian Cant and some unknown geezer called Jeremy Irons:
Playaway - closing titles.: http://youtu.be/WjPprQd6HF8
Ha! Classic clip!
To this day I still have no idea where the name 'Hamble' came from.
I warned my husband about KKKR, and I think his comments reflect yours, he described them as a couple of kids entertainers who accidentally stumbled into an ft gig. But he thought they were a great warm up act once they got off the stage.
I personally loved them, although the tunes still haunt me, the song Awesome Rainbows, sounds a bit like the theme tune to A Question of Sport!

minorkeys

Post by minorkeys » Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:26 pm

I agree with you re: A Question of Sport! I thought the same!

kungfauxn00b

Post by kungfauxn00b » Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:22 pm

This was only my 3rd FT gig, but I have to say that I (and my girlfriend) really didn't enjoy KKKR. Previous gigs (that I've been to) have been supported by people like Beans on Toast, Flogging Molly, Tim Barry... which is music I consider to be in the same ballpark as FT. It was definitely a "different" support act and I'm sure lots of people enjoyed them, just not me. :)
Gigs: 1291, 1524, 1619, 1993, 2157