Northamption/Bath gigs and beer

Talk about upcoming shows, discuss shows that have happened, this isn't rocket science you know

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

Craven

Re: Northamption/Bath gigs and beer

Post by Craven » Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:56 pm

At the Bath gig, down the front and to the left (close to the tour flag if you saw that) there were a lot of girls, then all of a sudden a group of guys barged to the front scattering them, if that wasn't bad enough one of them proceeded to stick his middle finger up at this one guy who told them where to go because they barged his SO over and made wanker hand gestures at him during the rest of the song that was being played. I've never seen anything so pathetic at a gig before.

Apart from that small incident it was a great gig, I randomly chose to wear a tshirt covered in cats (it was top of the clean pile) which went down well with Koo Koo.
683 727 909 1081 1082 1139 1216 1258 1289 1381 1442 1522 1539 1585 1611 1615 1681 1720 1790 1889 1955

Pete

Post by Pete » Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:26 am

I think crowd bolshiness is often related to the day of the week of the show. If the gig is Thursday through Saturday there’s a far higher chance people will let their hair down more and have a few more beers. That doesn’t excuse the behaviour above, but I don’t think it’s the result of a changing demographic as Frank gets more popular, which is contrary to what I used to think.

For the most part at Bath I stood at the side of the room enjoying the show from a distance whilst taking in the crowd. There was definitely some drunken buffoonery on display, but as someone very susceptible to such behaviour themselves, I didn’t see anything beyond the pale re aggression / rudeness, although I obviously couldn’t see the whole floor.
frank wrote:Think of it like weight-lifting. High notes are heavy weights.

blastman

Post by blastman » Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:23 pm

Funnily enough, I didn't get a bad vibe from either Bath or Northampton, apart from the talking during Balthazar in Northampton that I mentioned and getting hit with some flying beer (not a huge amount). Maybe because I was quite close to the front and in the middle, more or less, so I avoided the bargers and beer-chainers. I was actually thinking that the crowds at UK gigs were better than Irish gigs, where barging through has become the order of the day.

Anyway, on the plus side, I'd just like to say they were two of the most enjoyable gigs I've been to in a while, and I'm jealous of everyone going to the remaining gigs. My throst is fcuked after singing along badly for two nights, how Frank does it for a whole tour, I don't know. And the few beers with Dan on Saturday afternoon rounded the trip off nicely, cheers mate.

Danlechief

Post by Danlechief » Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:19 pm

Ha you rescued me man!! I'd have been on my own all day waiting for the wife!!
"Age is no object if you're in love.

Oh shit what have I just said?"

frank turner, Birmingham, 18th November 2015