Koo Koo

Talk about upcoming shows, discuss shows that have happened, this isn't rocket science you know

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

andy8000

Koo Koo

Post by andy8000 » Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:50 am

I know from many years experience that Frank has a penchant for unusual support acts. Many have been fine, some not so but i'm sorry this pair were appalling. I think he must have seen them doing a kids party. Maybe i'm missing something or had not had enough to drink but dear oh dear.....

Frank and the SS were though as wonderful as ever!!!! First visit to the de Montford, nice venue.
Birmingham Coventry Wolverhampton Manchester Leicester Frome Wembley. Most in multiple, lost count. :roll:

darlenet.

Re: Koo Koo

Post by darlenet. » Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:24 pm

Sounds like an awesome show. The setlist was perfection. Sorry you didn't "connect" with KKKR. But I respect that you judged them based on a live performance, not a YouTube video. Clearly, their music is not for everyone. But I'm curious as to whether or not you appreciate how they have the ability to involve people who then relate to each other in a way not usually seen at a show. I was a pouty, fold your arms type the first time I saw them. Within minutes, that changed. The vibe in the room was so......uh, happy. And we need that these days! We left our spot on the barrier to party in a circle, yet had no problem being let back in. Everyone was laughing at themselves and each other. The perfect opener if you think about it. Everyone is energized and connected going into the headliner. You guys are so lucky to have them there!
shows? 90 so far...

andy8000

Post by andy8000 » Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:08 pm

Certainly unusual i will grant you that. Yes they did get great crowd involvement, yet i just cant believe they are not just taking the mickey by acting out a kids party. I tried to enjoy it but was probably not under the influence enough!
Birmingham Coventry Wolverhampton Manchester Leicester Frome Wembley. Most in multiple, lost count. :roll:

Sivvy

Post by Sivvy » Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:38 pm

I have to admit, I went to the Salisbury gig tonight fully expecting to hate them . . . then spent their entire set grinning like an idiot (and dancing like a dinosaur). Their enthusiasm and energy were just amazing, and I agree with Darlene - they competely broke the ice with the audience and got us all laughing and chatting with each other afterwards, which created a great atmosphere for the brilliant FT show that followed.

I'd happily see them again (just need to remember to wear a sports bra next time. Ow.)

reitzel6570

Post by reitzel6570 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:01 am

They get better and better every time you see them.

scottkeys

Post by scottkeys » Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:48 pm

I find them tedious...

queequeg99

Post by queequeg99 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:04 pm

I saw them open for Frank in Portland last Fall and went to the show not knowing what to think (based solely on the Cat Party video on youtube). The first few songs still had me wary. But then they came down on the floor and basically demanded that people engage. By the time they whipped out the rainbow colored parachute at the end of the show, it was like I was ten years old again. Super fun. And Neil and Bryan are genuinely good people. The crowd at that show really got into them (especially our 8 and 9 year old girls).

I saw them again just a couple of months ago (in the same Portland venue) but in a decidedly kid-oriented show (opening for the Aquabats). We took our girls again and they were thrilled. As for my wife and I, we still liked the show, but things didn't seem quite as energetic as when a "Frank-centric" crowd was there.

sboraston

Post by sboraston » Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:53 pm

I'd be happy to see them open every gig i go to. They made me smile and there's not enough smiling in the world.

bridgemo

Post by bridgemo » Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:05 am

I signed up for a brain break site for my class. https://www.gonoodle.com/home First thing I saw on the main page of videos was Koo Koo Kangaroo. We did that twice today and the kids loved it!!!

kassie

Post by kassie » Sun Oct 05, 2014 1:07 pm

I was sceptical over Koo Koo before actually seeing them live, but I have to say that they are one of my FAVOURITE bands now! Absolutely adore them, and I can't wait for them to come back to the UK because I will be there at as many shows as I possibly can. They make me so happy. :P

justdip

Post by justdip » Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:10 pm