Standon Caling

Talk about upcoming shows, discuss shows that have happened, this isn't rocket science you know

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

Rubber_Soul

Re: Standon Caling

Post by Rubber_Soul » Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:21 pm

Hey,
yeah we had fun. I though Standon was a little odd though, the massive queue to get in despite bands being on annoyed me and then the whole 'restricted' alcohol and 'cheap' beers really annoyed me! Almost £5 for a pint and £4 for a half of cider is not cheap and don't get me started on that stupid wristband thing. On the positives though Frank was fantastic, wasn't sure if it was because I hadn't seen them since Feb or whether they were just on top form but I thought it was an amazing show. Maximo Park were an awesome choice to end the festival last night as well and Public Enemy were fun. There weren't many other bands that stuck out for me over the weekend though. All in all a good time was had but I'm not rushing to go back there next year.
What were your thoughts on Friday? Were you only there for the day?
My acoustic sessions and history of Addistock gigs etc... - http://addistock.wordpress.com/

Find Addistock on facebook and twitter here - - http://www.facebook.com/AddistockSessions or http://twitter.com/addistock

sarahg

Post by sarahg » Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:13 pm

Rubber_Soul wrote:Hey,
yeah we had fun. I though Standon was a little odd though, the massive queue to get in despite bands being on annoyed me and then the whole 'restricted' alcohol and 'cheap' beers really annoyed me! Almost £5 for a pint and £4 for a half of cider is not cheap and don't get me started on that stupid wristband thing. On the positives though Frank was fantastic, wasn't sure if it was because I hadn't seen them since Feb or whether they were just on top form but I thought it was an amazing show. Maximo Park were an awesome choice to end the festival last night as well and Public Enemy were fun. There weren't many other bands that stuck out for me over the weekend though. All in all a good time was had but I'm not rushing to go back there next year.
What were your thoughts on Friday? Were you only there for the day?
Hey, thanks for your reply, glad you had fun, but I totally agree about the down side.
I am disabled and I had a meltdown trying to get blue badge parking, I asked 13 officials and got majority fobbed off and messed about, must have taken an hour to get in. I nearly turned round and went home. Ended up asking a copper and humiliated myself by snivelling. He went off and tracked down an organiser who finally got me parked, wrist banded and ferried down the hill and into the festival.I couldn't believe that bloody queue, you guys must have been livid. I totally missed all the bands playing before 5pm.
My poor carer had a blooming nightmare with the wristband thing, grrrr. A right rip off.
Yes I was only there on Friday, but after I complained to them they gave me complimentary tickets for Sunday, but I was too ill to go.
All in all I wouldn't be rushing back either.
But they did listen to me and promised to remedy all my niggles about accessibility....
I would've liked to see Maximo Park though.

Sousbois

Post by Sousbois » Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:40 pm

I thought Standon was utterly chaotic, but - when we go in - huge fun. And it's the 9th time I've seen Frank perform, and definitely the best. So much energy!
(Helped that the venue was small enough that I got to front 'n' centre on the rail and helped Frank out with the crowd surfing!)

And Beans on Toast : charming and brilliant. Ended up having a few drinks with Jay, getting a free hookah with him after he did an impromptu gig in the hookah bar, him stealing a golf cart backstage (for nearly 30 seconds), and then creeping onto the main stage in the early hours where he and Bobby Banjo did another gig for my 2 daughters, who by this time were helplessly in love with both of 'em...