Flogging Molly Cruise 2015

Talk about upcoming shows, discuss shows that have happened, this isn't rocket science you know

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

kim182

Flogging Molly Cruise 2015

Post by kim182 » Wed May 07, 2014 10:06 pm

I hate this place but i love these chords

ToTheWest

Re: Flogging Molly Cruise 2015

Post by ToTheWest » Thu May 08, 2014 1:54 am

Ummm.... HOLY SHIT. Just saw this on FB, have several friends considering/planning on going, and my fear of missing out is in full swing right now. Why can't St. Paddy's Day fall during my spring break?! If I manage to pull this off, it may be a sign that I've truly recovered from my perennial case of Responsibilititus...
Brevity is not my forte.

Blonde

Post by Blonde » Thu May 08, 2014 8:56 am

That looks fantastic and better than the Weezer cruise

sarahg

Post by sarahg » Thu May 08, 2014 10:13 am

That sounds amazing!

darlenet.

Post by darlenet. » Thu May 08, 2014 10:00 pm

So four of us just booked a cabin. No turning back now!
shows? 70 so far

Samantha

Post by Samantha » Fri May 09, 2014 12:30 am

Just found out about this last night! I'll be booking later this summer as an early birthday present for myself. Such a great lineup!

darlenet.

Post by darlenet. » Fri May 09, 2014 6:31 pm

There is a Facebook group for people going or interested in going on the cruise. It's a way to find cabin mates, sort things, and to just say hello.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/floggin ... shipmates/
shows? 70 so far

Danlechief

Post by Danlechief » Wed May 14, 2014 10:42 pm

Gonna have a little bitch. Stuff like this gets announced and goes on sale almost immediately. It would pretty much be a once in a lifetime experience and would require months of saving up for most people. By then all the cheaper seats will have been taken (ironically by people who did have a couple grand sitting in an account waiting to be spent). I think it would be fairer to do it almost like a reverse auction. The expensive seats go on sale first. Then the slightly cheaper ones etc and so on. So the people who need to save up get a chance. Some people will say "if you can't afford it don't go" but I could afford it with some cutbacks for a few months. Unfortunately it will be futile because I will be then priced out/ or it will be sold out. Rant over.
"Age is no object if you're in love.

Oh shit what have I just said?"

frank turner, Birmingham, 18th November 2015

darlenet.

Post by darlenet. » Wed May 14, 2014 11:38 pm

Hey:

Yeah, this trip is a blow to the budget for sure. Christmas presents this year may be a little simpler for my friends/family.

I am in no way defending the cost of the cruise, but I will say that your representation of the buying/paying process isn't really what I encountered. Basically, when this was announced people starting booking. All that was required at that time to hold the cabin of your choice (elaborate or simple- you choose), was a deposit. Granted $200-$300 is not chump change, but also not $1000. So then after that, you have a monthly payment which ends in December when it is paid off. So in my case, 4 of us are sharing a cabin with a big window (required for different phobias) and are paying $88 per month. There are cheaper and more expensive ones.

So they do try to space the payments out, but the bottom line is it is pricey, but at least not all at once. Definitely comparable to other "music" cruises. And of course airfare factors in later for a lot of folks.
Danlechief wrote:but I could afford it with some cutbacks for a few months. Unfortunately it will be futile because I will be then priced out/ or it will be sold out.
So maybe you can afford it!! And the ship holds 2000. Lots of cabins to choose from! I know Starbucks and lunches out are over for a while for me. But because of their system, I am able to kind of budget for it.

And never apologize for a rant. It's your opinion.

Take care, Darlene
shows? 70 so far

Danlechief

Post by Danlechief » Thu May 15, 2014 10:11 am

Hey Darlene. Yeah airfare will be an issue too but not one that I'd have to worry about til January or so. Was the "payment plan" available in the uk? I gotta say I didn't see it but if it is I take back my rant!!

darlenet.

Post by darlenet. » Thu May 15, 2014 11:07 am

Hey,

To my knowledge that is the process for everyone. You don't have a choice. They do an automatic payment on the first of the month. Ha! They don't trust us!

And just as a reference, the cheapest cabin (but who is ever in there?) sharing with 4 people would be $670 counting fees and deposit. Paid in full by December. Also you can add people after you book.

BTW, I have spoken to quite a few UK people who are coming- Scotland, Wales, England. Hope it's something you can reconsider.

Take care. Darlene.
shows? 70 so far

Danlechief

Post by Danlechief » Thu May 15, 2014 2:51 pm

I've found that bit on the website now Darlene, thankyou. So if I bring 3 friends then it's about £400 each? What if it's just two people?

darlenet.

Post by darlenet. » Thu May 15, 2014 5:11 pm

Hey,

The price varies so much depending on cabin. The quotes in this link are price per person if two in a cabin. Just check out all the menu items on the website above.

http://www.floggingmollycruise.com/mobile/pricing.html

Oh, so glad you're considering this. I've talked to lots of people going, and everyone is really all about music and having a good time. The Facebook group above has been useful too.

Take care Darlene.
shows? 70 so far

drinkthesunshinezine

Post by drinkthesunshinezine » Thu May 15, 2014 5:20 pm

I guess what you have to remember is that whoever is organising the thing needs to sell tickets for it to go ahead. If they have 2000 tickets to sell and they wait to 'give people a chance,' then that might not ever come.

If only a few hundred tickets had been sold with a month or so left because people had been saving up, then the whole thing would probably be pulled anyhow.
Behind The Scene Gloucestershire - a free monthly online music fanzine http://issuu.com/gloszine