Knoxville Show

Talk about upcoming shows, discuss shows that have happened, this isn't rocket science you know

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

grayrace

Knoxville Show

Post by grayrace » Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:52 am

Hey,

Anyone know if this venue is actually full assigned seeting? I did best available and then took a look for other options. Each option is giving me a specific seat. Is this only concert hall style or is there GA plans as well?

Frank Turner & The Sleeping Souls
Date: Friday, May 30, 2014 Time: 8:00 pm
Facility: Bijou Theatre, Knoxville, TN

Blonde

Re: Knoxville Show

Post by Blonde » Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:53 pm

Here is your answer (and possible solution)

I mean here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7956

(Forgot to include the link)

darlenet.

Post by darlenet. » Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:53 pm

grayrace wrote: Each option is giving me a specific seat. Is this only concert hall style or is there GA plans as well?
A friend who has gone to concerts there, says they leave the seats in place, no GA. Not sure which link you are using, but this one is interactive, where it shows which seats are available, and click on which ones you want to buy.

https://ev8.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerc ... k=15902453

And then of course there are the two seats in the above comment. :wink: (Thanks, Blonde!)
shows? 90 so far...

agirlnamedfred

Post by agirlnamedfred » Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:34 pm

I wondered if you would be there, darlenet. Your tickets are slightly better than ours but we need 3 as we may bring the kid if she is well rested enough (she is staying with grandparents in Knoxville that week, but she tends to come back a hot mess so we will evaluate that day). I think we're sixth row centerish.
Re-examine all you have been told at school or church or in any book, dismiss whatever insults your own soul. ~~Walt Whitman

darlenet.

Post by darlenet. » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:25 pm

agirlnamedfred wrote:I wondered if you would be there, darlenet.
Why? Because Florida is so close to Knoxville? Haha. If you come, we need to say hello! Bet the child has grown the past year. Might be a good show to bring her to since it's seated. Of course, "seated" is merely a guideline for me!
shows? 90 so far...

agirlnamedfred

Post by agirlnamedfred » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:32 pm

darlenet. wrote:
agirlnamedfred wrote:I wondered if you would be there, darlenet.
Why? Because Florida is so close to Knoxville? Haha. If you come, we need to say hello! Bet the child has grown the past year. Might be a good show to bring her to since it's seated. Of course, "seated" is merely a guideline for me!
Haha no, because you come as far as Atlanta and Nashville fairly often it seems, so Knoxville isn't a stretch.

Yes, the "seats" one some protection for the wee ones from the crowd. Makes for a less fun show overall though. Has she grown? Not much! She's almost 5 and there are a fair number of 3 year olds towering over her. She'll come as long as she isn't horrendous when we pick her up. Grandparents spoiling and all that. Definitely say hi.
Re-examine all you have been told at school or church or in any book, dismiss whatever insults your own soul. ~~Walt Whitman

agirlnamedfred

Post by agirlnamedfred » Sat May 31, 2014 6:35 pm

Kiddo had fun. Glad she got to see how you should handle bullies. To say I was impressed would be a huge understatement!

Blonde

Post by Blonde » Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:19 am

What happened?

agirlnamedfred

Post by agirlnamedfred » Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:37 pm

Just some drunk hecklers. Frank was beginning his fun facts about the town and someone yelled something. I was not super close but I think it was something like "Shut up and play some rock and roll." Frank suggested he has a friend who will help him not be "that guy", or that he find such a friend. Continued heckling, barrage of well placed insults and the guy left. As Frank began again, another heckler in the same area began. They deserved every beautiful word spoken from the way they were acting. The crowd loved it. It was like he enacted revenge on all our adolescent bullies for us. The best part was when Frank called him a "hick." I've no idea if that means something in England but in the southern US it is a pretty ripe insult for basically a back woods ignorant asshole. There isn't a word in the English language that could have been spoken more beautifully in that moment. Even redneck would have fallen short because it would have been too obvious.

DavidPorges

Post by DavidPorges » Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:51 pm

agirlnamedfred wrote:Just some drunk hecklers. Frank was beginning his fun facts about the town and someone yelled something. I was not super close but I think it was something like "Shut up and play some rock and roll." Frank suggested he has a friend who will help him not be "that guy", or that he find such a friend. Continued heckling, barrage of well placed insults and the guy left. As Frank began again, another heckler in the same area began. They deserved every beautiful word spoken from the way they were acting. The crowd loved it. It was like he enacted revenge on all our adolescent bullies for us. The best part was when Frank called him a "hick." I've no idea if that means something in England but in the southern US it is a pretty ripe insult for basically a back woods ignorant asshole. There isn't a word in the English language that could have been spoken more beautifully in that moment. Even redneck would have fallen short because it would have been too obvious.
Sounds like Frank handled it pretty well.

darlenet.

Post by darlenet. » Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:31 pm

I'll tell you one thing, I would not want to get in a war with words with Frank. He's good. The actual comment to the drunk guy who was cheering his disruption was, "go back to your Mum's basement and celebrate your petty victory, you fucking hick." But he was very tactful, and tried to reason with the guy first.

I must add in the three shows I went to (one of which almost killed him), Frank has never been more gracious and kind afterward. Meeting, chatting, signing, picture-taking, with class and grace to bigger crowds.

And don't let me even start about the new songs.....the new album is going to be amazing.
shows? 90 so far...

Evan

Post by Evan » Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:37 pm

darlenet. wrote:I'll tell you one thing, I would not want to get in a war with words with Frank.

He is a difficult man to win an argument with.
Beverley, Birmingham, Blackheath, Boston, Cheltenham, Dublin, Donington, Guildford, Hatfield, Hoboken, Knebworth, Latitude, Leamington Spa, London, Manchester, New York, Nottingham, Oxford, Reading, Sayreville, Sheffield, Southend, Wembley, Wolverhampton.