9:30 Club show inWash. DC 6/4/2014 now on sale

Talk about upcoming shows, discuss shows that have happened, this isn't rocket science you know

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

waywardson

9:30 Club show inWash. DC 6/4/2014 now on sale

Post by waywardson » Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:07 pm

Just got mine!!

~Katt

Re: 9:30 Club show inWash. DC 6/4/2014 now on sale

Post by ~Katt » Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:48 pm

Me too!

jdc

Post by jdc » Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:28 pm

See y'all there!

greezy

Post by greezy » Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:44 pm

I'm in. Although I don't know if I can get off work yet. Still bought a ticket. A bit leery of the new 9:30. Drunk guys seem to want to jump on my toes there. The old 9:30 was so peaceful. Maybe because we were too cool to get excited about the music.

Old 97's on 5/31. I'll be there, too. I'll play chauffeur for some crusty old party reptiles. Might hit the Quarry House beforehand. Strange but they've never been there.
Relax. This won't hurt.

DaveK

Post by DaveK » Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:28 am

I am going also. Any opening acts named yet?

jdc

Post by jdc » Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:44 pm

DaveK wrote:I am going also. Any opening acts named yet?
Looks like a local band called the Deadmen. He'd know better than me, but he's probably just doing local supports since it's more a series of random/haphazard dates between festivals and other bookings rather than a fully coherent tour. We just got lucky in DC is all!

http://www.thedeadmendc.com/

Clezynski25

Post by Clezynski25 » Thu May 29, 2014 11:38 pm

Anyone have any extras for this show? Just found out I'm able to go but it is sold out. Would love 2 or 3 if possible. Thanks!

Ronna

Post by Ronna » Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:44 am

Really looking forward to the show. I can't believe we are the only US date that is sold out! BTW this is the opening act, or "support" as the English say https://www.facebook.com/thedeadmen.

jdc

Post by jdc » Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:44 pm

I thought a few of his NE dates were sold out, but I could be wrong.

I'm looking forward to the show as well! I'm flying solo this time so hopefully I'll get to say hello to some of you lovely folks!

darlenet.

Post by darlenet. » Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:38 pm

jdc wrote:I thought a few of his NE dates were sold out, but I could be wrong.
Yes, both shows at Cambridge (the Sinclair) were sold out. As was the show in Columbia that I attended Sunday. Not certain about any others.

Everyone is calling DC a "special" show. So, enjoy!
shows? 90 so far...

~Katt

Post by ~Katt » Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:05 pm

Tonight will be #25 for me! I'll be at the front. Sadly, Josh didn't live to witness the milestones of FTHC 1) Headlining at the 9:30 Club and 2) Selling it OUT! We will all raise a glass to you tonight, old friend.

Katt

DaveK

Post by DaveK » Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:16 pm

What a show last night! This was only my 4th time seeing Frank and the Souls. I hate to say one was better than the other, because that's hard to quantify. You really can't gauge it on the band, because they are the precise definition of the term "consummate professionals". They KNOW what they're doing. I'm sure they have missteps every now and then, but they're rare, and I haven't seen one yet. So, in order to pick "favorite gig attended", you have to factor in the other things. Like crowd, venue, atmosphere, setlist, etc. Last night's crowd was simply outstanding. Everyone I talked to was friendly and huge Frank fans. The 9:30 club is what it is... a great and pretty well-known venue. For personal reasons, I prefer the Fillmore in Silver Spring or the Ram's Head in Baltimore (for location and traffic concerns), but a trip to the 9:30 once in awhile is just fine with me. Love the new stuff, Frank, and the tribute to Josh was perfect. All in all, a great night! Thanks for that!

jdc

Post by jdc » Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:00 pm

DaveK wrote:What a show last night! This was only my 4th time seeing Frank and the Souls. I hate to say one was better than the other, because that's hard to quantify. You really can't gauge it on the band, because they are the precise definition of the term "consummate professionals". They KNOW what they're doing. I'm sure they have missteps every now and then, but they're rare, and I haven't seen one yet. So, in order to pick "favorite gig attended", you have to factor in the other things. Like crowd, venue, atmosphere, setlist, etc. Last night's crowd was simply outstanding. Everyone I talked to was friendly and huge Frank fans. The 9:30 club is what it is... a great and pretty well-known venue. For personal reasons, I prefer the Fillmore in Silver Spring or the Ram's Head in Baltimore (for location and traffic concerns), but a trip to the 9:30 once in awhile is just fine with me. Love the new stuff, Frank, and the tribute to Josh was perfect. All in all, a great night! Thanks for that!
It was truly a great night, with a lot of great energy and spirit in the room. I'm so glad that we could all share it together.

mrsidehatch

Post by mrsidehatch » Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:32 am

Show was f'n awesome. 1200 people singing along to every one of his songs.
It was supremely packed, but everyone was dancing and having a great time
Mix was great and you didn't need earplugs!

set list was great
Played two new ones 40andLove and Get Better, which were great
'Tattoos' is really one of my faves that was only on the 'deluxe' edt. of TDH and I'm so glad he played (ironically I'm tattooless)
Just like at the Fillmore, he name dropped the 930 club in Wessex boy 'when I'm here I'm home"
and of course the crowed roared when he sang the line in 'the road' "..the punks in old DC"

But the moment that everyone was waiting for was the encore, where he talked about josh burdette and how much he meant to him. Then he said it was appropriate for him to record the 'song for josh' live at the 9:30 (or half past 9 as I've seen it referenced) It was awesome and sad and the crowd just was transfixed and silent. So glad there were no 'yeah' or other stupid exclamations during the song. Looking forward to that recording. Then he went in to 'I still believe' and '4 simple words' which are just perfect songs as send up for josh and to end the night

someone got a great vid
makes me want to tear up again

An being the perfect gentleman rock star...came out to see the fans who waited after the show in the rain for an hour...where I got a sig on my tix and a nice photo inside the satellite room

2 shows...