Frank at Edinburgh

Talk about upcoming shows, discuss shows that have happened, this isn't rocket science you know

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

Kerr

Frank at Edinburgh

Post by Kerr » Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:32 am

I've seen Frank quite a few times now and always been impressed, but Edinburgh last weekend just stepped up a few gears. It was fantastic.

The atmosphere was great and every person near me knew every single word to every single song generating an atmosphere that was incredible. Considering the sporting events that Frank dismissed(thanks) and even why Aberdeen got a cheer(double sporting thanks) all went brilliantly.

The ballad of me and my friends should have simply be named the ballad of my friends after last Saturday. Everyone knew every word and it was nerve jangling the way everyone stood up and sang.

Brilliant gig, great venue and roll on the next time.

My request is in for the Barrowlands.

Everyone that was there, thanks. You helped make a great gig.

Kerr

Re: Frank at Edinburgh

Post by Kerr » Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:47 am

Unorthadox1080

Post by Unorthadox1080 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:20 pm

I agree edinburgh was my 7th time seeing frank and I can't quite put my finger on what made it better than all the rest but it just was and the fact he was in so much pain just makes it even more amazing that he pulled off much a great performance.

baldman1980

Post by baldman1980 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:58 pm

I actually felt it wasn't that great a gig, the section I was in (left of stage towards exit) was full of people talking, I mean full scale chatting through everything! I wasn't impressed by the venue at all and god help you if you were shorter than 5ft 8 cos you weren't gonna see anything.

This isn't an attack on the set, the set was awesome as usual and to see Frank walk on a wave of people was incredible. This has also got nothing to do with seeing him big either, I saw him in O2 academy in Glasgow which is only 500 less capacity and that was a superb gig. I think it fell down to venue choice as far as I'm concerned, Of course its all a personal opinion and I appreciate others felt different, but I hope he doesn't use Corn Exchange again.

The days of him playing the likes of PJ Molloys in Dunfermline are long gone I suspect, but the Barras is only 900 less than Corn Exchange so it may be a possibility, you never know the next time he comes to Scotland he might even do more than 1 gig.

Steviet

Post by Steviet » Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:31 pm

Saw him at the corn exchange and the O2 on this tour. Apart from how run down the venue was. The corn exchange was more intimate and In my eyes made it a better gig.