Coachella 2014

Talk about upcoming shows, discuss shows that have happened, this isn't rocket science you know

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

Post Reply
robsmith
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:25 am

Coachella 2014

Post by robsmith » Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:07 am

Just saw Coachella announce Frank Turner for their Sunday shows in April..... Is this a one off (2 off) thing, or are Frank and the Sleeping Souls going to be touring the West Coast in April?????? PLEASE let it be a tour......

User avatar
marowak
Posts: 3543
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2006 9:27 pm
Location: Lancing
Contact:

Re: Coachella 2014

Post by marowak » Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:22 pm

I'm pretty sure there is no way Frank would go stateside and then not fill in those gaps ... it's not financially worth it.
So yeah you may get a tour.
06 06.3 08.8
07 04.4 11.5 17.5 08.6 10.11
08 28.3 21.04 13.6 06.7 06.9
09 11.1 06.2 21.4 10.10 29.10
10 23.3 16.7 12.12
11 12.2 12.5 30.5 27.11
12 13.4 28.11 28.12x2
13 10.1 24.6 11.7 12.7
14 12.2 13.2 14.9 17.12
15 29.1 02.2 13.8 7.11
16 10.12 12.12

ToTheWest
Posts: 260
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:23 am
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Coachella 2014

Post by ToTheWest » Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:11 pm

What Marowak said. Coachella artists are contract-bound not to announce other Southern California appearances until a few weeks before the festival, but now that it's two weekends, it's standard procedure for those acts to book other shows in smaller venues before or after the festival. So keep your eyes peeled--announcements will happen eventually.

I'm a bit conflicted about Coachella myself. It turns out to be super-expensive once you add transportation, lodging, food, etc. to the already high ticket price, not to mention the insane heat and the hordes of people which for me are not an added attraction. On the one hand, I'd be sad to miss my first "local" (if you can call Indio that!) FT show in four years, but on the other, it'd be a huge expense of time and money to see a shorter-than-ideal set by one of my favorite live acts ever when I know they'll be playing at least a couple other shows (probably more) in smaller venues during the same time.

I guess if tickets sell out before I decide, then the decision is made for me...
Brevity is not my forte.

DieselBenz
Posts: 113
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:08 am
Location: Delaware, USA

Re: Coachella 2014

Post by DieselBenz » Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:57 pm

ToTheWest wrote:
I'm a bit conflicted about Coachella myself. It turns out to be super-expensive once you add transportation, lodging, food, etc. to the already high ticket price, not to mention the insane heat and the hordes of people which for me are not an added attraction. On the one hand, I'd be sad to miss my first "local" (if you can call Indio that!) FT show in four years, but on the other, it'd be a huge expense of time and money to see a shorter-than-ideal set by one of my favorite live acts ever when I know they'll be playing at least a couple other shows (probably more) in smaller venues during the same time.

I guess if tickets sell out before I decide, then the decision is made for me...
Same here, though add in having to fly out from Delaware. I'd drive, but I can't get that much time off (plus it would cost much more than flying). Then there's the rental car, hotel, and so on, and that massive ticket price. It's killing me because, uh, Muse AND Frank, my two favorites. And it might be my only chance to see Muse soon, they aren't doing much next year. But, I also want to save money in case I get a chance to see either them or Frank or a couple other bands on their own. I love festivals in some ways, but in others not so much. I will probably wait until some more things get announced, then hope there are Coachella tickets available second-hand if I decide that's what I want to do.
2011: 8/26, 28, 11/4(x2); 2012: 2/21, 22, 23, 24, 3/9, 11, 12, 18, 9/8, 10, 11, 12, 14, 15, 28, 29, 30; 2013: 6/5, 6, 7(x2), 8, 7/26, 31, 8/1, 2, 10/4, 5, 11/16, 19, 29(X2). 2014: 6/4. 2015: 3/8, 9(x2), 5/12, 13, 14, 15. 18

User avatar
Blonde
Posts: 2089
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:19 pm
Location: Nottingham
Contact:

Re: Coachella 2014

Post by Blonde » Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:00 pm

ToTheWest wrote:What Marowak said. Coachella artists are contract-bound not to announce other Southern California appearances until a few weeks before the festival, but now that it's two weekends, it's standard procedure for those acts to book other shows in smaller venues before or after the festival. So keep your eyes peeled--announcements will happen eventually.

I'm a bit conflicted about Coachella myself. It turns out to be super-expensive once you add transportation, lodging, food, etc. to the already high ticket price, not to mention the insane heat and the hordes of people which for me are not an added attraction. On the one hand, I'd be sad to miss my first "local" (if you can call Indio that!) FT show in four years, but on the other, it'd be a huge expense of time and money to see a shorter-than-ideal set by one of my favorite live acts ever when I know they'll be playing at least a couple other shows (probably more) in smaller venues during the same time.

I guess if tickets sell out before I decide, then the decision is made for me...
Is there enough on the line-up besides Frank to interest you in going to the festival? If not then probably better to save your money for another time.

User avatar
darlenet.
Posts: 755
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:58 pm
Location: Gainesville, Florida USA

Re: Coachella 2014

Post by darlenet. » Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:50 am

Blonde wrote:Is there enough on the line-up besides Frank to interest you in going to the festival? If not then probably better to save your money for another time.
Good way to look at it. He said on the "Ask Me" section that there would be more festivals. Last year he did Newport and Bonnaroo. With side shows around both. So, might be something to think about.
shows? 90 so far...

fadedskyjeff
Posts: 34
Joined: Thu May 09, 2013 4:15 am

Re: Coachella 2014

Post by fadedskyjeff » Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:57 pm

He will be doing shows to fill the gaps around the two weekends. He told me about it when I saw him last. ;)

Unfortunately, due to his wishes, I cannot give more information than that.
...Me and all my friends are poets of the deed...

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests