CHICAGO!!!!

Talk about upcoming shows, discuss shows that have happened, this isn't rocket science you know

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

Cassie

CHICAGO!!!!

Post by Cassie » Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:32 pm

Frank: THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE SMITH STREET BAND! I am now a fan, I LOVED them.
I did stick around for the after party, but you were way too busy in the DJ booth so I couldn't tell you in person THANK YOU for a fantastic show. I always say you are the hardest working working man I know of. Please take care of yourself. You're north of 30 now, your body is not going to be very forgiving. I did want to stick around and introduce myself and thank you in person, but I had a two hour drive ahead of me, and getting home at 4 in the morning when you have to work the next day is just not as exciting as it used to be.

NIGEL: Seriously I think you are the hardest working band member. You party with Koo Koo, do all the stage setup, you are the best dressed, you MAKE the song Broken Piano, seriously, you are my favorite part of that song, and when I saw you in Madison you were (ew) cleaning Frank's mic. I hope these guys appreciate you.

Venomous Bear: I went to this out of town show, and the after party, ALONE. I thought of you and how you are never afraid to go to gigs alone, and I went, and I really had fun. Thanks for being a positive influence this way.

Drunk guy who stole my spot at the bar: You are a tool, no I don't want to pat you down, and yes I can be a bitch when you are blocking my whiskey.

Young guy at the concert next to me: Too much AXE! Although I thought you were going to be annoying through the whole show, you were really fun to party next to.

Three young guys who held my spot up front while I went to the bathroom: So sweet. Thank you.

Elizabeth and Mike from MN: It was fun hanging with you after the show! Take care!

Venomous_Bear

Re: CHICAGO!!!!

Post by Venomous_Bear » Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:55 am

Cassie wrote: Venomous Bear: I went to this out of town show, and the after party, ALONE. I thought of you and how you are never afraid to go to gigs alone, and I went, and I really had fun. Thanks for being a positive influence this way.
Awwwww, Cassie! I'm so glad! You're most welcome, and thanks so much for letting me know, lady love! It's the best (might as well ramble about why again, in case others are on the fence):
1. People you know don't talk over the music
2. You meet ALL of the people around you, and then the ones over there too. Oh, and then those guys! Hey!
3. You're not bothered if the person you're with had a good time or not (haha, this is in reference to the guy in Saskatoon who ran up to me and told me his girlfriend didn't have a good time, and he didn't know how to handle it...I'm not sure they will make it through that crisis)
4. You can resemble Animal from the Muppets in rocking out, and no one is embarrassed to be there with you! Huzzah! Inhibitions, begone
5. Really, with FTHC, you're never alone anyway.

(but it's nice to go with friends too, haha. My brother is coming to Detroit, and some good friends from ze hometown are coming to Buffalo. And I think the entire HOB in Boston is already friends forever)

Do I get to meet you at one of these? I owe you a super high five. ;)

**I should say too that it's not just me soloing...we got Scott, Val, Blonde, etc. out there gig travelling solo for the same reasons :) Tis a glorious brother/personhood of sorts!
Last edited by Venomous_Bear on Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Toronto (x3), Hatfield, Derry, London (x2), Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Saskatoon, Winnipeg, Detroit, Buffalo, Boston (x4), Ottawa, Fake London, Nottingham, Manchester, Portsmouth

Cassie

Re: CHICAGO!!!!

Post by Cassie » Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:24 am

VB- I wasn't planning on going to any more shows this year but I am only a 6 hr drive from Detroit. And its not sold out yet. I will give it some thought.
Oh, and I'm pretty sure I did resemble Animal a little, cuz today my neck hurts. Sign of a good time I guess.