paris show?

Talk about upcoming shows, discuss shows that have happened, this isn't rocket science you know

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

emmie

paris show?

Post by emmie » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:58 pm

Anyone going to the paris show? I'm thinking about flying over for it!!

Venomous_Bear

Re: paris show?

Post by Venomous_Bear » Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:58 pm

emmie wrote:Anyone going to the paris show? I'm thinking about flying over for it!!
*raises hand*!
Toronto (x3), Hatfield, Derry, London (x2), Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Saskatoon, Winnipeg, Detroit, Buffalo, Boston (x4), Ottawa, Fake London, Nottingham, Manchester, Portsmouth

frank
Site Admin

Post by frank » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:46 am

the eurostar is almost certainly cheaper and easier.
Shows? All of em.

"He's like an Uncle, I like him but I don't want to listen to him all day."

Lazza100

Post by Lazza100 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:05 am

http://uk.megabus.com/Default.aspx

London to Paris Megabus would be even cheaper if you were willing to be on a coach for 8-9 hours. I've done it before and as long as you can sleep it's not too bad.

Venomous_Bear

Post by Venomous_Bear » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:10 am

I didn't read your other post at first. If you need any help coordinating, let me know! Gare du Nord is pretty close to the venue.
Toronto (x3), Hatfield, Derry, London (x2), Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Saskatoon, Winnipeg, Detroit, Buffalo, Boston (x4), Ottawa, Fake London, Nottingham, Manchester, Portsmouth

romain

Post by romain » Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:59 am

Coming all the way down from Lille! Can't wait!
581, 832, 1151, 1209, 1462.
https://soundcloud.com/theescapistband

mfh666

Post by mfh666 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:51 pm

board newbie, but long time fan. I'll be going!!! Was flying out tomorrow and hadn't even thought about who may be playing in Paris (would normally only look at tour dates for UK) so i was very excited when i realised he would be just down the road from me!

See you there if you are going!!!!!! :)

mfh666

Post by mfh666 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:01 pm

Also didn't mention that ill be staying at St Christopher's Canal hostel, so if you are to, look out for me in my Frank apparel.

mfh666

Post by mfh666 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:09 pm

oh and just to end on a triple post blast, does anyone know about ticket collection? I only bought mine yesterday on my card, and ill be getting to the venue pretty much as it starts. I'm worried in France it works diff for collection, ill miss Frank if i have to wander around Paris first! Cheers

Blonde

Post by Blonde » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:49 pm

mfh666 wrote:oh and just to end on a triple post blast, does anyone know about ticket collection? I only bought mine yesterday on my card, and ill be getting to the venue pretty much as it starts. I'm worried in France it works diff for collection, ill miss Frank if i have to wander around Paris first! Cheers
Does it state collect at the venue? I know I've had to collect a ticket from a FNAC store before but I think I'd specified to do that and the particar store. So unless your confirmation email says that then it'll probably be normal on the door stuff.

But this is probably best answered by someone who is actually going to the gig.

Venomous_Bear

Post by Venomous_Bear » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:00 pm

Yep, mine says...go to the venue and pick up with confirmation an hour before the show starts. And it says 8pm. So, I think that means doors AND ticket collection are at 7.
Can meet you there if you want? Look for these shoes:

Yay Couch World!

emmie

Post by emmie » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:55 pm

yeah im actuallly gonna do eurostar - im from philly, im studying abroad in london for the semster and i just haddddddd to see frank! so im taking a train right from class to the show and then my train home leaves at 540 in the morning! im actually going to the show by myself (never been to a concert alone before!) because none of my friends thought it was worth it to go see him in paris so if anyone wants to hang out im down!

emmie

Post by emmie » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:59 pm

and i have to pick up tickets too! but im picking up from a nearby fnac sooooo hopefully that goes well!

and does anyone know anything about the venue? is it all standing?

Venomous_Bear

Post by Venomous_Bear » Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:59 am

emmie wrote:and i have to pick up tickets too! but im picking up from a nearby fnac sooooo hopefully that goes well!

and does anyone know anything about the venue? is it all standing?
Yeah, so maybe everyone check if you bought through Divan du Monde/TopBillet or FNAC...my tix are at the venue, but I'd hate to screw someone over because they bought theirs differently.

And yay Emmie! Again, check shoes!

Here's what I know: Divan du Monde = Couch World
Google Review says: "La plus grande des petites salles", which means "the largest of the small rooms"
Which tells me there are no couches and that the place is tiny. Hooray!!

mfh666

Post by mfh666 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:34 am

Venomous_Bear wrote:Yep, mine says...go to the venue and pick up with confirmation an hour before the show starts. And it says 8pm. So, I think that means doors AND ticket collection are at 7.
Can meet you there if you want? Look for these shoes:

Yay Couch World!

Hmm, im not going to make it until nearer 8!! Hope they still just let me collect? Look out for this t-shirt, hopefully it will be me hah