UK Arena Tour

Talk about upcoming shows, discuss shows that have happened, this isn't rocket science you know

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

helentx

Re: UK Arena Tour

Post by helentx » Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:27 pm

Evan wrote:Nigel wrote an excellent blog about the upcoming UK Tour

http://thesadsongco.com/blog.php
It was an interesting insight into the workings of the industry.

For the record I looked up what I paid for the standing ticket at the 02 to see The Pogues supported by you know who & his band on 20th December 2012. Including all charges via Ticketmaster it was £44.05.

& for a standing ticket at the 02 for FT & SS supported by "to be announced any day now" on 12th February 2014 including all charges via See Tickets it was £35.10. Bet it's going to be an awesome show & exceptional value for money.

The band sees a price of £22.50 or £25 but the buyer gets a final price which they can't see until they get to the point of sale & if you're in a presale linked to one distributor there is no option but to crack on with the transaction. Shopping around & comparing prices isn't an option. So even if the band has no control over what the charges are it would be helpful to know in advance what kind of delivery arrangements & charges are proposed. (I'm aware there's another thread where info was crowdsourced)

Gleena

Post by Gleena » Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:05 am

marowak wrote:
Evan wrote:Nigel wrote an excellent blog about the upcoming UK Tour

http://thesadsongco.com/blog.php
It's great to get that kind of take on it all. I am still shocked how people react over things like this. For a long time I didn't believe it happened - but I then saw some of the posts on Franks FB page and just thought you utter twats.

When Frank did the interview on XFM with John Kennedy - I think he hit the nail on the head in terms of wanting to push himself and try new things - why the hell not. Frank is currently on the crest of an amazing high (hopefully it will continue - but I think we all know in this industry most people get that moment to shine before people become less interested) and doing arenas must be an amazing thing to look forward to.

Nigels points on the cost of the tickets was also well put across ... I paid £50 to see Lionel Ritchie in the same venue - but then again he did have a 14 piece band, stage set and lasers - so Frank .... you got a lot to live up to ;)
Nigel's blog was ace, right down to how the label can skew things.

I've seen this happen to other artists and it never fails to astound me. People are just so rude about it, too. I applaud Frank's occasional firing back on Twitter as well. At the end of the day though I can't understand the entitled, whiny mentality that goes with those sorts of comments and the fact that those same people will be the first ones to name-call and cry if they can't get in.

I would hope that any artist will be as successful as they can be so long as they remain true to themselves and their art. I don't think anybody can argue Frank hasn't remained completely focussed on making the best music he can. Ticket prices are reasonable, lots of people get to see him, and he gets to eat and pay his band, his crew, his recording fees, travel expenses, all that. Everybody wins, except the offenderatti. And maybe they win, too, because they can be offended.

But they suck.
Yank at large, hiding in London
https://twitter.com/Gleena
Shows: 32 in five countries and on the ocean.

Wing-

Post by Wing- » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:26 pm

Just Manchester for me, can't afford to stalk Frank and co around the country. :(

DaveHughes

Post by DaveHughes » Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:17 am

Whenever people talk about the price of tickets to see people like Frank and Springsteen being too high, I always like to link them to this article to show that it could be much, much worse.

It's George Travis (Springsteen's road manager) giving the numbers of what's involved for each show on a Springsteen tour. Try multiplying the number of staff by days by even minimum wage (far, far short) and then divide by the number of people at each concert times the ticket price. Obviously this is cackhanded and excludes the merch sales (more than likely covered by a long-gone advance and not acting so much as running per-diem anymore), sponsorship, PRS, licensing and other gubbins.

http://brucespringsteen.net/news/2012/w ... he-numbers

£60 for Springsteen? £22 for Turner? Bargain.

valderie

Post by valderie » Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:16 am

ive just booked my flights to come back over for this, very excited!

Shiney

Post by Shiney » Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:42 pm

Which show(s) Valderie?
So if ever a man should ask you for your business or your name, tell him to go and fuck himself and tell his friends to do the same.
Gigs: Wembley, Oxford, London forum.

valderie

Post by valderie » Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:03 pm

Shiney wrote:Which show(s) Valderie?
looks like cardiff, edinburgh, manchester, london and maybe portsmouth.

either edinburgh or manchester will be my 50th show of franks (depending on how many i end up at in november haha)

smithyramfan

Post by smithyramfan » Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:45 pm

Was originally going to the Nottingham gig cos I couldn't make Manchester cos of my work hours. Work have now changed my hours meaning I could make Manchester. So tempting to go to both of them now
crap at dancing and can't hold my drink...
Shows: Lincoln 24/11/12, Nottingham 09/02/14, Y Not Festival 03/08/14

Tomasz

Post by Tomasz » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:52 am

Flogging molly and Beans on toast support. Jay will be great but I was really hoping for frightened rabbit so I'm a bit meh about flogging molly.
Pete wrote:Sometimes, I wish I was a dog on a swing.

Oakdoon

Post by Oakdoon » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:47 pm

Eh, had been hoping for Frightened Rabbit too but Edinburgh will be my first time seeing Beans on Toast so I'm pretty stoked for that honestly. Seems like an awesome guy.
desperately seeking money for all of the gigs
the masterpost

Bella

Post by Bella » Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:46 am

So....

none of you are going to see frightened rabbit when they tour the UK (and Ireland) then?
you ONLY want to see Fr if they support FT?????

thats a bit mean... don't ya think?? :wink:

FR tour starts 5th nov newcastle...

http://frightenedrabbit.com/shows/

05 Nov 2013 Newcastle Newcastle University United Kingdom
Add
Time: 8:00pm. Support – Lanterns On The Lake Buy tickets
06 Nov 2013 Manchester Ritz United Kingdom
Add
07 Nov 2013 Bristol Anson Rooms United Kingdom
Add
08 Nov 2013 London O2 Academy Brixton United Kingdom
Add
Time: 7:00pm. Support – We Were Promised Jetpacks & Lanterns On The Lake Buy tickets
10 Nov 2013 Southampton Southampton University United Kingdom
Add
Time: 8:00pm. Support – Lanterns On The Lake & Paul Thomas Saunders Buy tickets
11 Nov 2013 Birmingham Institute United Kingdom
Add
12 Nov 2013 Sheffield Leadmill United Kingdom
Add
14 Nov 2013 Dublin Olympia Ireland
Add
Time: 8:00pm. Support – We Were Promised Jetpacks Buy tickets
15 Nov 2013 Belfast Mandela Hall United Kingdom
Add
Time: 8:00pm. Support – We Were Promised Jetpacks Buy tickets
16 Nov 2013 Glasgow O2 Academy United Kingdom
Add
Time: 8:00pm. Support – We Were Promised Jetpacks & Lanterns On The Lake Sold Out
17 Nov 2013 Glasgow O2 Academy United Kingdom
Add
Time: 8:00pm. Support – We Were Promised Jetpacks & Lanterns On The Lake Buy tickets

so whose going to see FR then?

Bella
x
1084 Kilkenny, 1088 Dublin, 1139 Newport, 1255 Frome, 1301 Southampton, 1303 Bath, 1307 Cork, 1308 Galway, 1310 Dublin, 1324 Dublin. Manchester, Leeds, Bristol, Birmingham, Southampton, 2000 Trees Cave, 2000 Trees Main Stage...many...lots

Blonde

Post by Blonde » Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:29 am

I am!

h26

Post by h26 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:37 pm

me too!
Shows? nowhere near enough of 'em!

Oakdoon

Post by Oakdoon » Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:45 pm

Would have loved to see them at their own gig but I'm off elsewhere while they're in Glasgow and we're out of disposable cash to catch them down south. Maybe next time :lol:
desperately seeking money for all of the gigs
the masterpost

Bella

Post by Bella » Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:51 am

going to try to see FR - only if I stop coughing though...

:?

bella
x
1084 Kilkenny, 1088 Dublin, 1139 Newport, 1255 Frome, 1301 Southampton, 1303 Bath, 1307 Cork, 1308 Galway, 1310 Dublin, 1324 Dublin. Manchester, Leeds, Bristol, Birmingham, Southampton, 2000 Trees Cave, 2000 Trees Main Stage...many...lots