UK Arena Tour

Talk about upcoming shows, discuss shows that have happened, this isn't rocket science you know

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

sarahg

Re: UK Arena Tour

Post by sarahg » Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:53 pm

SB wrote:
Pete wrote:Also, for London at least:
Wheelchair accessible viewing can be booked by calling 0870 600 6140.
I called that number Pete and they said they have no tickets until Friday. That is also what they told Frank.

Humph.
Ah yes I was wondering about this, I assumed we would have to wait until Friday as we have to ring them direct. It's a big venue so it should be Ok. I hope!

Blonde

Post by Blonde » Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:00 pm

http://twitter.yfrog.com/oct26xzhj

Lolz!

At least it isn't a tour with small venues.

moomin

Post by moomin » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:19 pm

There definitely seems to be a stand of defense regarding the tour due to size of venues, this makes me a little sad.

A wonderful Blonde person has offered me a spare she has so at least I am going to one, really excited. :mrgreen:

Blonde

Post by Blonde » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:44 pm

moomin wrote:There definitely seems to be a stand of defense regarding the tour due to size of venues, this makes me a little sad.

A wonderful Blonde person has offered me a spare she has so at least I am going to one, really excited. :mrgreen:
I wish I knew a wonderful blonde person

kim182

Post by kim182 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:44 pm

We got tickets for the London and Portsmouth Gigs.

Now booking hostels and stuff. My first time in London, I've been to Portsmouth (and a part of Wales on a class trip some years ago)

The email with the link hasn't arrived yet. Thanks to the facebook group, we already had it yesterday.
I hate this place but i love these chords

h26

Post by h26 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:08 pm

Blonde wrote:
moomin wrote:There definitely seems to be a stand of defense regarding the tour due to size of venues, this makes me a little sad.

i know one :wink:
Shows? nowhere near enough of 'em!

Blonde

Post by Blonde » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:05 pm

h26 wrote:
Blonde wrote:

The one that came to Springsteen with us? Or are you being nice so I get your Notts ticket.

h26

Post by h26 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:23 am

Blonde wrote:
h26 wrote:
Blonde wrote:
The one that came to Springsteen with us? Or are you being nice so I get your Notts ticket.
i need three... one is for that blonde!
Shows? nowhere near enough of 'em!

beckysnewtimemachine

Post by beckysnewtimemachine » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:28 am

Off to the Portsmouth gig alone - I'm hoping it will push me to meet loads of people! However it would be nice for some tips on places to stay, especially seeing as I have to make it into college in Winchester the next morning. Please say hi if you're going so I could know a few friendly faces!

Venomous_Bear

Post by Venomous_Bear » Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:08 am

beckysnewtimemachine wrote:Off to the Portsmouth gig alone - I'm hoping it will push me to meet loads of people! However it would be nice for some tips on places to stay, especially seeing as I have to make it into college in Winchester the next morning. Please say hi if you're going so I could know a few friendly faces!
You've got it right! It's the best possible place for that :)
Toronto (x3), Hatfield, Derry, London (x2), Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Saskatoon, Winnipeg, Detroit, Buffalo, Boston (x4), Ottawa, Fake London, Nottingham, Manchester, Portsmouth

Venomous_Bear

Post by Venomous_Bear » Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:55 pm

frank wrote:Haha, I feel like I've done enough cooking show for a lifetime already...
*cough cough*
http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/soci ... 3082979000
Toronto (x3), Hatfield, Derry, London (x2), Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Saskatoon, Winnipeg, Detroit, Buffalo, Boston (x4), Ottawa, Fake London, Nottingham, Manchester, Portsmouth

beckysnewtimemachine

Post by beckysnewtimemachine » Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:15 pm

Venomous_Bear wrote:
beckysnewtimemachine wrote:Off to the Portsmouth gig alone - I'm hoping it will push me to meet loads of people! However it would be nice for some tips on places to stay, especially seeing as I have to make it into college in Winchester the next morning. Please say hi if you're going so I could know a few friendly faces!
You've got it right! It's the best possible place for that :)
I thought it might be - though how much charming conversation I can pull off in a crowded, noisy venue is another issue :) >>And so I take to the forums...<<

oakworth

Post by oakworth » Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:28 am

Got tickets :D But that is probably the hardest I've had to work for them in a few years. The 4 tickets per person completely screwed me, had to resort to waiting on the phone. So to buy 5, I had to buy 4 then persuade a colleague to come on the phone and buy one more.

jetsetwilly

Post by jetsetwilly » Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:45 am

London (sitting :oops: )and Portsmouth standing :)

I can't believe the difference in capacity between the 2. Should certainly make for 2 very different gigs !

Tomasz

Post by Tomasz » Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:52 am

Standing at the O2 looks to be sold out at seetickets, but the venue directly are still selling standing.
Pete wrote:Sometimes, I wish I was a dog on a swing.