UK Tour April 13

Talk about upcoming shows, discuss shows that have happened, this isn't rocket science you know

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

madcowjo

Re: UK Tour April 13

Post by madcowjo » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:30 pm

Totally fed up as am my hols during the April dates. Oh well, hope a few more dates come up in the Summer.... over to you Frank?

Pete

Post by Pete » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:18 pm

Fed up? Really? I love Frank dearly, as a friend and musician, but I'm absolutely chomping at the bit to go on holiday at the end of April. Annoying they clash but I'd hope there will be a fair few more chances to catch Frank and his popular beat combo through 2013.
frank wrote:Think of it like weight-lifting. High notes are heavy weights.

marky mark

Post by marky mark » Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:11 am

Tomasz wrote:Looks like Bristol's sold out...
Why release tickets on Fridays? Some of us can't be near a computer on weekdays. Oh well..

Pete

Post by Pete » Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:19 am

Probably because all the full time admin staff dealing with the sale only work mon-fri.

drinkthesunshinezine

Post by drinkthesunshinezine » Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:14 am

yeah, for people with full time jobs without access to a computer, I'd like to see tickets released on a Sunday evening. I know everyone can't be pleased, but it'll be the same for me when 2000 Trees tickets go on sale again at 9.00am on Friday. Good for students or people with jobs with easy internet access, but bad for teachers like me! Unless I say this, "Sorry children, just entertain yourself for twenty minutes whilst I join an internet queue for gig tickets on my laptop."
Behind The Scene Gloucestershire - a free monthly online music fanzine http://issuu.com/gloszine

Pete

Post by Pete » Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:19 am

Absolutely ignoring the issue that for tickets for major concerts to be released you will also need a full compliment of admin, IT and customer service staff to be in office as they are released. Not everyone can be pleased but it makes absolute sense to release on a weekday. Ask a friend or family member to assist if you think it'll sell out.

People would kick off a treat if it was weekend release and the site crashed or something else went wrong and no one was there to fix.

drinkthesunshinezine

Post by drinkthesunshinezine » Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:32 am

Pete wrote:Absolutely ignoring the issue that for tickets for major concerts to be released you will also need a full compliment of admin, IT and customer service staff to be in office as they are released. Not everyone can be pleased but it makes absolute sense to release on a weekday. Ask a friend or family member to assist if you think it'll sell out.

People would kick off a treat if it was weekend release and the site crashed or something else went wrong and no one was there to fix.
yeah, true. But obviously, all of my friends/family work except as they are in teh 25-50 age bracket. Except for my parents who haven't quite got to grips with mobile phones yet.

Most gigs I go to I can pay on the door as they are in Cheltenham or pubs in the surrounding areas, it's just a few of the bigger ones that I have trouble for.
Behind The Scene Gloucestershire - a free monthly online music fanzine http://issuu.com/gloszine

marky mark

Post by marky mark » Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:33 am

pfft.. Pete and his "practicalities".

Not that it makes any difference to him; he'll be guestlist anyway.

It was good to see you at the Bath aftershow though buddy. Me and Barry were not very well the next day.

Pete

Post by Pete » Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:42 am

I'll be in the Maldives actually... Lolz ;)

'twas good to see you too. Not much recollection from the eve. Standard! I struggled at my sister's wedding the following day, but she was chuffed with Frank's wedding day song I discovered on my phone the following morning...

Re drinkthesunshinezine - surely one of those friends is in an office and can jump online? I sympathise, but I'm pretty sure where there is a will there's a way. Possibly even ask nicely on here in advance and I reckon someone would help.

Rubber_Soul

Post by Rubber_Soul » Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:00 pm

drinkthesunshinezine wrote:bad for teachers like me! Unless I say this, "Sorry children, just entertain yourself for twenty minutes whilst I join an internet queue for gig tickets on my laptop."
This is what starter activities are for, I used to have a task already on the board for students to do whilst I was getting tickets. For really important ones like McCartney tickets I would ask another teacher to watch the class for 10 mins whilst I got tickets.
My acoustic sessions and history of Addistock gigs etc... - http://addistock.wordpress.com/

Find Addistock on facebook and twitter here - - http://www.facebook.com/AddistockSessions or http://twitter.com/addistock

darlenet.

Post by darlenet. » Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:51 pm

Pete wrote:...but I'm pretty sure where there is a will there's a way.
Haha. So true. When there are crucial tickets to be bought, I take my "lunch break" at 9am. I must admit, it does make for a long afternoon, and my coworkers totally don't understand the need to be online precisely when tickets go on sale. Silly them.
shows? 90 so far...

Tomasz

Post by Tomasz » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:31 am

Manchester, Leeds, Bristol, London sold out. Birmingham standing sold out. Why is the west midlands always the last one to go? I feel ashamed on behalf of my fellow citizens.
Pete wrote:Sometimes, I wish I was a dog on a swing.

Rubber_Soul

Post by Rubber_Soul » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:21 pm

Tomasz wrote:Manchester, Leeds, Bristol, London sold out. Birmingham standing sold out. Why is the west midlands always the last one to go? I feel ashamed on behalf of my fellow citizens.
Happens everytime, god only knows why.
My acoustic sessions and history of Addistock gigs etc... - http://addistock.wordpress.com/

Find Addistock on facebook and twitter here - - http://www.facebook.com/AddistockSessions or http://twitter.com/addistock

drinkthesunshinezine

Post by drinkthesunshinezine » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:58 pm

I saw the Get Up Kids at the Academy 3 in Birmingham in 2010 and there were about 20 people there.

A far cry from the old Academy 2 where I saw bands like Saves The Day and The Ataris play to fairly decent crowds in 2002/3.

marky p

Post by marky p » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:53 am

Rubber_Soul wrote:
Tomasz wrote:Manchester, Leeds, Bristol, London sold out. Birmingham standing sold out. Why is the west midlands always the last one to go? I feel ashamed on behalf of my fellow citizens.
Happens everytime, god only knows why.
This may be wrong but I put it down to catchment area.

London is obviously way bigger than anywhere else so will always go first. Bristol attracts people from Wales and the whole south-west, Manchester and Leeds will attract people from the surrounding areas, the north midlands and even the north-east if there is no Newcastle date. Whereas if you look at Birmingham, people to the north of the city have the option to go to Manchester, people from the south of the city have the option to go to London. Even other Midlands places like Nottingham are pretty much as close to Leeds as they are to Birmingham.

Venue size will also play a part, Birmingham is the biggest venue on the tour at 3,000, that's around 30% bigger than the London, Leeds and Manchester venues and almost twice the size of Bristol (1,600)
23/10/06 - 5/2/07 – 20/9/07 – 13/12/07 – 23/4/08 - 25/5/08 – 29/10/08 – 28/3/09 – 26/6/09 – 24/3/10