US Tour 2013

Talk about upcoming shows, discuss shows that have happened, this isn't rocket science you know

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

User avatar
darlenet.
Posts: 755
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:58 pm
Location: Gainesville, Florida USA

Re: US Tour 2013

Post by darlenet. » Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:00 pm

valderie wrote:I agree with not sleeping on the tickets completely! The NYC venue is about 3000 capacity, and I know the HOB boston is like... 2500? so I'm assuming most of the other venues would be along that size
Definitely variation among venues. In Jacksonville, the venue is a dive bar (about 100-150 people at most). Love the place, though (saw Revival Tour there) and it's so intimate. I've never seen Frank in a venue like that. In comparison, the Orlando venue holds about 1500.

But I obsessed about early tickets, and now have duplicate merch. Haha, some people are getting TDH for Christmas this year!
shows? 90 so far...

JerseyGirl
Posts: 344
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:57 pm
Location: Sarasota, Florida via New Jersey

Re: US Tour 2013

Post by JerseyGirl » Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:46 pm

Thanks for that info! On sale at 10 AM- Florida shows had no pre-sale.

Will be going Jacksonville and Orlando- maybe Ft Lauderdale...no Tampa this run.

User avatar
tampateri
Posts: 100
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:33 pm

Re: US Tour 2013

Post by tampateri » Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:53 pm

JerseyGirl wrote:Thanks for that info! On sale at 10 AM- Florida shows had no pre-sale.

Will be going Jacksonville and Orlando- maybe Ft Lauderdale...no Tampa this run.

I'll see you there! I'm totally hitting up the Irish pub across the street from the Beacham before the show on Orlando.

JerseyGirl
Posts: 344
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:57 pm
Location: Sarasota, Florida via New Jersey

Re: US Tour 2013

Post by JerseyGirl » Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:39 pm

tampateri wrote:
JerseyGirl wrote:Thanks for that info! On sale at 10 AM- Florida shows had no pre-sale.

Will be going Jacksonville and Orlando- maybe Ft Lauderdale...no Tampa this run.

I'll see you there! I'm totally hitting up the Irish pub across the street from the Beacham before the show on Orlando.
Cool! See you there!

Wonder why no Tampa show this run?

User avatar
tampateri
Posts: 100
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:33 pm

Re: US Tour 2013

Post by tampateri » Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:52 pm

JerseyGirl wrote:
tampateri wrote:
JerseyGirl wrote:Thanks for that info! On sale at 10 AM- Florida shows had no pre-sale.

Will be going Jacksonville and Orlando- maybe Ft Lauderdale...no Tampa this run.

I'll see you there! I'm totally hitting up the Irish pub across the street from the Beacham before the show on Orlando.
Cool! See you there!

Wonder why no Tampa show this run?
After reading all of the FB posts of people saying "why no (enter town name)??" I just want to say that I don't care. At least I can see him in O-Town.

DaveK
Posts: 109
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:46 pm
Location: Maryland, USA

Re: US Tour 2013

Post by DaveK » Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:08 pm

Can't wait for the Aug 1st show at the Fillmore in Silver Spring, MD. It's a 21 and over show, which doesn't bother me as I passed that milestone several decades ago. Just wondering if it's because this particular event is sponsored by Bud Light.....

ToTheWest
Posts: 260
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:23 am
Location: Los Angeles

Re: US Tour 2013

Post by ToTheWest » Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:35 pm

Okay...so I've bought tickets to the LA, San Diego, and the Vegas shows (as soon as I got off my overnight train, which made me antsy when it arrived three and a half fucking hours late! Tickets went on sale in the middle of my LONG journey. Thailand is cool, but they get low marks in the railway puntuality department.)

Then today, I met two girls from Winchester who were surprised that I knew where that was. :-) I mentioned Frank and they said, "Oh, yeah. He's quite good." --> understatement of the year
Brevity is not my forte.

CalQuinn
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:19 pm

Re: US Tour 2013

Post by CalQuinn » Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:21 am

ToTheWest wrote:Okay...so I've bought tickets to the LA, San Diego, and the Vegas shows (as soon as I got off my overnight train, which made me antsy when it arrived three and a half fucking hours late! Tickets went on sale in the middle of my LONG journey. Thailand is cool, but they get low marks in the railway puntuality department.)

Then today, I met two girls from Winchester who were surprised that I knew where that was. :-) I mentioned Frank and they said, "Oh, yeah. He's quite good." --> understatement of the year
You're going to have an amazing few days of Frank love there, ToTheWest! Look forward to dancing with you at the Fonda...I'll be the woman with the green headband. :D

...p.s. AXS ticket sales called me and said I was eligible for a refund/change of service because when I purchased tickets for the LA show, will call was the only delivery method (and they charged $6 for it!). I've been playing phone tag, but I don't mind if there's six more dollars headed my way to take the tickets by email.

User avatar
valderie
Posts: 319
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:58 am
Location: new york city

Re: US Tour 2013

Post by valderie » Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:23 pm

less than a week till poughkeepsie!

fadedskyjeff
Posts: 34
Joined: Thu May 09, 2013 4:15 am

Re: US Tour 2013

Post by fadedskyjeff » Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:03 am

ToTheWest wrote: Anyway, I'll definitely be at the LA show and have decided I'm also going to let myself do the San Diego show even if I have to call in "sick" the next day (which I hate doing). Anyone else reading this going to those? I could possibly be convinced to do the Vegas show on the 12th, but only if I knew I'd have people to hang out with once I get there, because I'm not sure I'd get anyone to make the trip with me. (Still seems we don't have many West/Southwest posters here on the forums...)
I have a group of friends that are going to be going from Denver through to San Diego, so we will be at Vegas, LA, and San Diego...It will be easy to find us, I'll be drunk and making everyone we make friends with sign my flag that I bought for the trip! There WILL be people there, and it will be a great time.

You can always contact me (Jeff) through our Facebook page that we set up for just such a thing...https://www.facebook.com/groups/525243220845451/
...Me and all my friends are poets of the deed...

User avatar
darlenet.
Posts: 755
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:58 pm
Location: Gainesville, Florida USA

Re: US Tour 2013

Post by darlenet. » Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:29 am

JerseyGirl wrote:Will be going Jacksonville and Orlando- maybe Ft Lauderdale...no Tampa this run.
We're also doing Jax, Orlando, Ft. Lauderdale and Atlanta. Maybe we American forum folks can connect.

Safe travels,

darlene
shows? 90 so far...

User avatar
valderie
Posts: 319
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:58 am
Location: new york city

Re: US Tour 2013

Post by valderie » Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:38 pm

poughkeepsie was such a fun time!!! i admittedly was most excited to see ben marwood again and i think he won over a lot of new fans. the whole room singing Singalong was amazing and everyone ive spoken to said he was fantastic and hilarious. :D

halfpint
Posts: 356
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:48 am
Location: Hampshire

Re: US Tour 2013

Post by halfpint » Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:40 am


User avatar
LoveStreet
Posts: 119
Joined: Sat May 04, 2013 5:06 am
Location: Troy, NY

Re: US Tour 2013

Post by LoveStreet » Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:26 am

valderie wrote:poughkeepsie was such a fun time!!! i admittedly was most excited to see ben marwood again and i think he won over a lot of new fans. the whole room singing Singalong was amazing and everyone ive spoken to said he was fantastic and hilarious. :D
Haha I told my friend Mark we had to get there early to see Ben. Think I helped win him over to Ben's music :) ! Too funny when I got into a discussion with Ben over _Empire Strikes Back_ vs. _Return of the Jedi_.
(But our beginnings never know our ends!)

DecanoLP
Posts: 32
Joined: Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:42 pm
Location: Hamburg, Germany

Re: US Tour 2013

Post by DecanoLP » Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:42 am

It looks like he played a new song yesterday?!

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/frank-tur ... 6fc93.html

Any info on that?

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest