US Tour 2013

Talk about upcoming shows, discuss shows that have happened, this isn't rocket science you know

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

JerseyGirl

Re: US Tour 2013

Post by JerseyGirl » Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:32 pm

US tour continues!!!

So happy Florida is back on the tour stop! 3 shows- yes!

valerie- you can easily do 6 shows up there! Who Hooooooo

CalQuinn

Post by CalQuinn » Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:27 pm

Hey gang,

I'm very new to FT but promised myself I wouldn't miss him when he got back to the west coast. I'd definitely like to check out the show in LA, but I have a gripe and a question that maybe someone can help with... :D

Gripe:
To get a pre-sale code, it seems like my only choice of merch is the TDH bundles/vinyl/CDs. I already own TDH (on the day it came out!) and I'd rather buy my shirt at the show. Now, if pre-sale codes came with the FRANK SAYS DIG shirt, then we'd have a deal. :wink: Called the number listed on the site and they confirmed the codes were only for buying "featured merchandise" which was the TDH stuff. Bummer.

Question:
Pardon my ignorance being a newbie, but how hard has it been for everyone to get tickets to gigs in the past? The LA show is at a 1200 person GA venue, so I don't see the advantage of paying for merch I don't want to obtain a pre-sale code unless Frank's shows usually sell out quite fast. What has everyone's experience been in getting tickets?

Thanks for the help!

BobsDriving

Post by BobsDriving » Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:56 pm

Back in Philadelphia the day after Thanksgiving, Nov 29th. Fairly, perfect!!!

CalQuinn,
I can't speak for every venue (or even many) but I would think as long as you don't delay you should be able to get tickets for a venue that size. Shows do sell out, however. Act fast! There is more and more US excitement each time through for Mr. Turner!

HAR

Post by HAR » Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:06 am

Gripe:
To get a pre-sale code, it seems like my only choice of merch is the TDH bundles/vinyl/CDs. I already own TDH (on the day it came out!) and I'd rather buy my shirt at the show. Now, if pre-sale codes came with the FRANK SAYS DIG shirt, then we'd have a deal. :wink: Called the number listed on the site and they confirmed the codes were only for buying "featured merchandise" which was the TDH stuff. Bummer.

I know CalQuinn, I'm a little gripey too. I've had TDH since the day it was released, and I saw Frank in Milwaukee this month and bought two t-shirts, and I just got tickets to see him in Madison in August, so I really don't want to place an order on the site to get tickets to see him in Minneapolis in October.... On the other hand, the Varsity Club is a cool venue. I saw him there last September. I think I may wait it out tho.

HAR

JerseyGirl

Post by JerseyGirl » Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:42 pm

I don't think you will have a problem buying tickets to any show if you do it when the show goes on sale or relatively soon thereafter. Just don't dellay too long as they do sell out.

Now, next time round, we all may need those pre sale codes!

mkeknits

Post by mkeknits » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:12 pm

HAR wrote: I know CalQuinn, I'm a little gripey too. I've had TDH since the day it was released, and I saw Frank in Milwaukee this month and bought two t-shirts, and I just got tickets to see him in Madison in August, so I really don't want to place an order on the site to get tickets to see him in Minneapolis in October.... On the other hand, the Varsity Club is a cool venue. I saw him there last September. I think I may wait it out tho.

HAR
I was at the Mke show too, though I left early & missed Frank (long story)
I'm going to be at the Madison show in August and the MPLS show in October too! Are you going to try to hit any other Midwest dates?
My hopes are for Des Moines and Chicago as well!

tampateri

Post by tampateri » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:17 pm

Yeah I didn't figure out the featured item thing until after I ordered a shirt from the other store. I'm not that miffed as it's a cool shirt and I guess I should have paid more attention, but still. :x

tampateri

Post by tampateri » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:53 pm

regardless, I will be at the Orlando show. :)

HAR

Post by HAR » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:18 am

That is a total bummer you missed Frank in MKE!!! Have you seen him before?

At this point, I think I'm just going to Madison and Minneapolis, but you never know....

Silvio Lives

Post by Silvio Lives » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:37 am

Check out the presale thread on the main page-- I posted about accessing the code for the presale via live nation on FB. For Western Canada (not sure where else it would work) the code is milestone.

mkeknits

Post by mkeknits » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:48 pm

HAR wrote:That is a total bummer you missed Frank in MKE!!! Have you seen him before?

At this point, I think I'm just going to Madison and Minneapolis, but you never know....
I haven't seen him, so it was disappointing to leave early, but at least I got to see Beans on Toast!

I'm confirmed for Madison & Mpls, we should do a Milwaukee meetup

ToTheWest

Post by ToTheWest » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:49 pm

JerseyGirl wrote:I don't think you will have a problem buying tickets to any show if you do it when the show goes on sale or relatively soon thereafter. Just don't dellay too long as they do sell out.

Now, next time round, we all may need those pre sale codes!
I hope this turns out to be true, as I've passed on the merch both because I have quite a bit of FT merch already and I'm away from home for the next three weeks, so don't need any more mail delivered until I get back! I'm just worried I won't know right when they go on sale because my internet access is more limited than usual while backpacking. I'm trying to check Frank's Twitter every day, though.

Anyway, I'll definitely be at the LA show and have decided I'm also going to let myself do the San Diego show even if I have to call in "sick" the next day (which I hate doing). Anyone else reading this going to those? I could possibly be convinced to do the Vegas show on the 12th, but only if I knew I'd have people to hang out with once I get there, because I'm not sure I'd get anyone to make the trip with me. (Still seems we don't have many West/Southwest posters here on the forums...)
Brevity is not my forte.

CalQuinn

Post by CalQuinn » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:56 pm

Hi ToTheWest,
I'm going to the LA show as well. I love the Fonda! Just so you know, those tix are Friday at 10:00 a.m. and they're sold through axs.com. That site has a mobile platform, so if you're on a smart phone you can buy them there, too.

Wish I could do San Diego too, but I'm already cringing about the zombie I'll be at work on Tuesday after the LA show! I usually don't do "weeknight gigs" for anything but my very favorite performers. I have one of those jobs where it's more trouble to be gone than it is to be there, so when one of my favorites comes through town, I'm just very grumpy the next day. :D

As for Vegas...now there's an attractive proposition! A Saturday show means all of Sunday to recover. I abhor the thought of driving back to LA from Vegas on a Sunday, but I love the thought of catching FT more than once. I'm kind of disappointed there wasn't an Orange County or Santa Barbara gig.

valderie

Post by valderie » Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:28 pm

I agree with not sleeping on the tickets completely! The NYC venue is about 3000 capacity, and I know the HOB boston is like... 2500? so I'm assuming most of the other venues would be along that size :)

DieselBenz

Post by DieselBenz » Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:13 pm

ToTheWest wrote: I hope this turns out to be true, as I've passed on the merch both because I have quite a bit of FT merch already and I'm away from home for the next three weeks, so don't need any more mail delivered until I get back! I'm just worried I won't know right when they go on sale because my internet access is more limited than usual while backpacking. I'm trying to check Frank's Twitter every day, though.
Most of them seem to be going on regular sale tomorrow (Friday) ... the San Diego one says 10 a.m. your time (http://concerts.livenation.com/event/0A ... 7637:82551). I've bought tickets on my phone via Livenation before without much trouble, if you can get some 3G/4G/WiFi!

For others, a lot of the on-sale times are listed on Ticketmaster ... for the ones that aren't, Google the venue of the show you want and it should list on-sale times on the event page. For most of them, tomorrow is the day for regular sale. I would not panic if you can't get them the moment they go on sale. Just, as others have said, don't get too complacent about it. Good luck! I still haven't decided which ones I'm going to ... too many choices, haha ... not that I'm complaining. I'm especially pumped for the Electric Factory; that's where I saw my first-ever show and I haven't been there since 1997. Nostalgia.
2011: 8/26, 28, 11/4(x2); 2012: 2/21, 22, 23, 24, 3/9, 11, 12, 18, 9/8, 10, 11, 12, 14, 15, 28, 29, 30; 2013: 6/5, 6, 7(x2), 8, 7/26, 31, 8/1, 2, 10/4, 5, 11/16, 19, 29(X2). 2014: 6/4. 2015: 3/8, 9(x2), 5/12, 13, 14, 15. 18