US Tour 2013

Talk about upcoming shows, discuss shows that have happened, this isn't rocket science you know

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

valderie

Re: US Tour 2013

Post by valderie » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:48 pm

headhunter wrote:very excited about Frank's show coming up in NYC at Bowery Ballroom on Monday March 4th!

Great NYC venue for him.
he was great there the past two times, this one is gonna sell out so fast!

i'll be at NYC and Albany for sure, maybe the MA show too if I can figure out how to get from one to the next

ToTheWest

FUCK YEAH.

Post by ToTheWest » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:20 am

Wow, I know I don't hang out on these forums much when Frank's not in town (just way too much work to do), but I've never been so glad that I check his Twitter often.

Fellow Southern Californians, prepare to be hated by the Yanks who don't live here or in MA, NY, or Texas... I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw that Frank's playing the Roxy and the Hotel Cafe (walking distance from my apartment!) this time around when I was expecting something like the House of Blues. What a fucking loyal man. I'm beyond excited. Perhaps I'll have to see if the party continues at True Tattoo again this time (missed that in 2011)...

Just a little bit worried that I won't be able to get tickets to both in time, since I'm *technically* meant to be supervising a room full of adolescents at 10:30 am. May have to enlist the help of friends...
Brevity is not my forte.

Jodyism

US Tour 2013

Post by Jodyism » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:27 pm

I owe everything to Valerie's post on twitter because I didn't see any others. I got a friend in town and I am dragging her ass to both shows granted I can get tickets... I've never been to either venue before... So I have no clue what to expect. I just want somewhere to stay walking distance so I can drink :-)
Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.
----------
11.10.11 - 12.10 .11 - 2.18.12 - 9.20.12
Next:
Sooner than later

TomGordo

Post by TomGordo » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:05 am

I saw Frank's retweet of the Iron Horse's announcement yesterday and thought "Hey, there's an Iron Horse over in Western Mass, how cool would it be if he was playing there." Now for the tricky task of getting tickets to both MA and NYC all while being at work on Friday.
1263. 1282.

valderie

Post by valderie » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:55 am

Jodyism wrote:I owe everything to Valerie's post on twitter because I didn't see any others.
haha happy to help!
TomGordo wrote:I saw Frank's retweet of the Iron Horse's announcement yesterday and thought "Hey, there's an Iron Horse over in Western Mass, how cool would it be if he was playing there." Now for the tricky task of getting tickets to both MA and NYC all while being at work on Friday.
is this venue easy to get to from south / north station in boston? i kind of want to go but am clueless about anything not in boston since all my friends are based in the city for school!

ToTheWest

Post by ToTheWest » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:32 am

Jody, Hotel Cafe is really small and has a low stage--I kinda hate the word "intimate" in regards to venues, but that's definitely how it would be described by most. There was an awesome moment last time he played there where he "apologized" to a girl who was talking too loudly during one of the quieter songs by saying "I'm sorry if my song is interfering with your conversation." He's been playing there for years (too bad I didn't clue in sooner), which is why I think it's awesome that he's still booking shows there. That one would be easy to drink within walking distance, as there are a lot of spots within the same two blocks that are open late.

The Roxy is a little bigger, but still significantly smaller than, say, a House of Blues. The Roxy's right on the Sunset Strip (in West Hollywood) by all the clubs that were a big deal back in the hair-metal days (not to mention The Whisky, which once hosted the Doors...but is a shitty pay-to-play venue now), so there are definitely options for drinking and eating around there.

Have I mentioned how much I'm looking forward to these shows? I've had a hard last couple of weeks and this totally brought my mood up last night! :-)
Brevity is not my forte.

tsnafus

Post by tsnafus » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:37 pm

i take it there were no ticket presales with advance album orders in the us?

Syracusepunk

Post by Syracusepunk » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:48 am

She's right the Bowery shows (well show, only saw one) was amazing. Will see you in Albany Val, I can't take a Monday off for NYC after doing Newcastle and Edinburgh so recently and then staying in London all of February. Work already hates me enough! :mrgreen:

Any idea who supporting acts are? (sorry if it's somewhere and I missed it)
valderie wrote:
headhunter wrote:very excited about Frank's show coming up in NYC at Bowery Ballroom on Monday March 4th!

Great NYC venue for him.
he was great there the past two times, this one is gonna sell out so fast!

i'll be at NYC and Albany for sure, maybe the MA show too if I can figure out how to get from one to the next

valderie

Post by valderie » Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:53 am

Syracusepunk wrote:She's right the Bowery shows (well show, only saw one) was amazing. Will see you in Albany Val, I can't take a Monday off for NYC after doing Newcastle and Edinburgh so recently and then staying in London all of February. Work already hates me enough! :mrgreen:

Any idea who supporting acts are? (sorry if it's somewhere and I missed it)
albany support is someone named Steve Layman apparently. http://stevelayman.tumblr.com/post/4173 ... ny-w-frank

and i'll see you there yay :)

Jodyism

US Tour 2013

Post by Jodyism » Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:08 am

I hope I can get tix before they sell out. Fuck me! I am so excited for these shows!! I love small venue shows, though not if you can't get in!

A - are you in twitter often?
Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.
----------
11.10.11 - 12.10 .11 - 2.18.12 - 9.20.12
Next:
Sooner than later

ToTheWest

Post by ToTheWest » Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:49 am

I don't post on Twitter [I'm sorry; I can't bring myself to use "tweet" as a human action ;-)] but I check Frank's every day or every other day. I waste enough time on Facebook, and I'm not a fan of character limits. (See signature below, ha.)
Brevity is not my forte.

Naim

Post by Naim » Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:59 pm

is this venue easy to get to from south / north station in boston? i kind of want to go but am clueless about anything not in boston since all my friends are based in the city for school!
Northampton is in Western MA and is probably about a two hour-ish drive west of Boston. Not really sure what kind of transportation there is South Station to Northampton - possibly a bus? But then you would at least have to find a ride from wherever the bus terminal is to the venue, and you'd probably need to find a hotel room.

Also, the Sidekicks are opening the Northampton, Albany and possibly the NYC show. They are pretty good. Check out "Incandescent Days" from their newest album, Awkward Breeds. They did a us tour last year with Cheap Girls and the Menzingers, not that really describes their sound, but it at least puts you in the wheelhouse. I'm pretty happy they are opening.

Finally, I'm pretty sure I was already able to purchase Northampton tickets. It's confusing, I emailed the venue a few days ago and they told me tickets go on sale at 9:00 a.m., but I tried purchasing tickets about a half hour ago and the transaction went through and I received a confirmation email for will call tickets. Here's the link I used -- http://www.nbotickets.com/auto_choose_g ... event=8763

Beartrax

Post by Beartrax » Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:57 pm

I bought my tickets for Northampton MA this morning. Really looking forward to the show!

headhunter

Post by headhunter » Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:09 pm

very happy to say i just my tix for webster hall. can't wait for this one!

tsnafus

Post by tsnafus » Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:23 pm

headhunter wrote:very happy to say i just my tix for webster hall. can't wait for this one!

and by webster hall you mean the bowery ballroom. bowery is half the size of webster hall.