US Tour 2013

Talk about upcoming shows, discuss shows that have happened, this isn't rocket science you know

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

emmeth42

Re: US Tour 2013

Post by emmeth42 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:41 pm

Aaaah, apparently there's no private messaging capabilities? I don't know, I'm still a n00b here...

Madam JerseyGirl, if you're still willing to help me out, my gmail is emilykwarburton. Also, shirt size is small!

Thanks!
924, 925, 1470

JerseyGirl

Post by JerseyGirl » Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:53 pm

emmeth42 wrote:Aaaah, apparently there's no private messaging capabilities? I don't know, I'm still a n00b here...

Madam JerseyGirl, if you're still willing to help me out, my gmail is emilykwarburton. Also, shirt size is small!

Thanks!
Got it! Will let you know in the next day or so if I got it- I like the anchor one, too.

Will post from Jacksonville where I hope to meet up with the flag!!!

tampateri

Post by tampateri » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:45 pm

I'm so excited about tomorrow night, my head may explode. Anyone meeting up before hand? There's an Irish pub right across the street from the venue. At least there was on Google Street View. :D

JerseyGirl

Post by JerseyGirl » Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:02 pm

Terri- there was a post on FB that people are meeting across the street before the show.

Do you know about the in store at Park Ave Records at 4 PM?

2916 Corrrine Drive Orando

Simon Says

Post by Simon Says » Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:34 pm

I was visiting San Francisco last month, and was delighted to find Frank Turner was playing at The Fillmore.

The concert was truly awesome. Frank and the band were in fine form. We were knackered and our voices were hoarse at the end of it.

Equally good was The Fillmore. A magnificent, historic venue. A perfect night. We even managed to get the gig poster back unscathed on a 10hour flight!

Now to get tickets in for Manchester.

JerseyGirl

Post by JerseyGirl » Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:50 pm

JerseyGirl wrote:Terri- there was a post on FB that people are meeting across the street before the show.

Ok, back from the show and now I realise how dumb this comment is! There are a ton of places across the street and down the street from The Beachem and The Social that unless you found the flag ambassadors, it would be tough to find fb people!

Last time I saw Frank in Orlando, they played The Social, which is a smaller venue than The Beachem. The place was packed and the crowd was aged from 18 to 78 and most knew all of the songs! Started with Reason Not To Be An Idiot which was fun and happy and ended the set with Broken Piano which was magnificent- Nigel freaking shines! Love the dramatics.

They don't keep you waiting long for a nice long encore- enough to have everyone hot and sweaty and hoarse!

Hope you had a ball terrie!

tampateri

Post by tampateri » Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:56 am

JerseyGirl wrote:
JerseyGirl wrote:Terri- there was a post on FB that people are meeting across the street before the show.

Ok, back from the show and now I realise how dumb this comment is! There are a ton of places across the street and down the street from The Beachem and The Social that unless you found the flag ambassadors, it would be tough to find fb people!

Last time I saw Frank in Orlando, they played The Social, which is a smaller venue than The Beachem. The place was packed and the crowd was aged from 18 to 78 and most knew all of the songs! Started with Reason Not To Be An Idiot which was fun and happy and ended the set with Broken Piano which was magnificent- Nigel freaking shines! Love the dramatics.

They don't keep you waiting long for a nice long encore- enough to have everyone hot and sweaty and hoarse!

Hope you had a ball terrie!
I had an amazing time. Koo Koo Kangaroo was so much fun, Smith Street Band rocked, and Frank melted my face off. I'm still recovering from the show. 8)

agirlnamedfred

Post by agirlnamedfred » Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:03 pm

Atlanta last night was excellent! I couldn't have asked for a better set list. Combined with Indianapolis and Nashville over the summer, I've heard all my favorites live, even ones I wouldn't have expected.
Re-examine all you have been told at school or church or in any book, dismiss whatever insults your own soul. ~~Walt Whitman

solinari67

Post by solinari67 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:36 pm

11-16 Show at The Norva

By Album, Not Order

SIFTW:
None

LIS:
Prufrock
Idiot
Photo
Queen

DEED:
Home
Dan's
Road

EKMB:
Peggy
Believe
Disappeared
One Foot
Stray
Wessex
Glory

TDH:
Recovery
Losing
Tend
Sailing
Fisher King
Broken Piano

COVER:
Tim Barry's On and On
Music, Literature, and Food writer for http://dustjacketdispatch.tumblr.com/

PeteGottfried

Post by PeteGottfried » Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:08 am

Hi-

A little request for Buffalo tomorrow night...

Tomorrow you will have an entire family in the audience. Pete and Char are the mom and dad and Peter and Hayley are the fruit of their loins. Besides Frank, they all share a love for Springsteen (Mom and Dad raised 'em right). They've had many a late night sing along to Thunder Road at home and in various concert venues and would love to share another with Frank and the assembled tomorrow night. So hope to hear this. But if not we'll be singing our lungs out and dancing our asses off anyway!

Cheers,
Pete

JerseyGirl

Post by JerseyGirl » Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:32 pm

Bufffalo report anyone?

LoveStreet

Post by LoveStreet » Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:39 pm

JerseyGirl wrote:Bufffalo report anyone?
Same thought I had. Going to the Northampton gig tonight, kinda curious what was played.
(But our beginnings never know our ends!)

LoveStreet

Post by LoveStreet » Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:19 am

The Northampton gig tonight was excellent! Frank & The Souls were on their game. Cahir was also awesome. His regional song was a Lemonheads cover of "The Outdoor Type". Can't wait for tomorrow at Upstate Concert Hall!
(But our beginnings never know our ends!)

Robbie

Post by Robbie » Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:00 am

Hey guys,

I'm over in New York from the UK and as my being here coincides with Frank I'm naturally going to the gig at Terminal 5 tomorrow. I'm by myself, so if anyone fancies a beer or two before (and/or after) let me know on here, or on Facebook (www.facebook.com/robbie.swale).

Robbie

darlenet.

Post by darlenet. » Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:10 am

Hey Robbie:

There's a facebook group dedicated to the tour and folks are organizing meet-ups there, and you'd be most welcome. Give it a look-see if you're interested. Have fun at your show, and be sure to get there in time for openers.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/634046769946972/

darlene
shows? 70 so far