US Tour 2013

Talk about upcoming shows, discuss shows that have happened, this isn't rocket science you know

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

_rebekka_

Re: US Tour 2013

Post by _rebekka_ » Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:03 pm

darlenet. wrote:
JerseyGirl wrote:Will be going Jacksonville and Orlando- maybe Ft Lauderdale...no Tampa this run.
We're also doing Jax, Orlando, Ft. Lauderdale and Atlanta. Maybe we American forum folks can connect.

Safe travels,

darlene
Can I connect too even tho I'm not American? :wink: I'm going to Mobile and with Darlene I will be in Jacksonville, Fort Lauderdale and Orlando. I didnt realize that the venue in Jacksonville is that small!!! Nice! :) I'm coming over from Germany to go to a Pearl Jam gig, the Voodoo festival in New Orleans and those Frank gigs. Can't wait!!!

darlenet.

Post by darlenet. » Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:42 pm

_rebekka_ wrote:Can I connect too even tho I'm not American?
Haha! You don't have a choice. Not optional. You're stuck with us. And as you know, the more the merrier! But it's just so unusual for people in the US to know and appreciate Frank, not like in Europe. I saw someone in the mall in a FT t shirt and I literally ran him down to talk about Frank. My teenagers were mortified. :roll:

Can't wait to hear about New Orleans!

Darlene
shows? 90 so far...

DaveK

Post by DaveK » Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:05 am

If anyone wants tickets to this Thursday's show in Silver Spring, MD (Frank, w/Ben Marwood), I've got two extra. It's a 21and over show.

_rebekka_

Post by _rebekka_ » Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:08 am

darlenet. wrote:
_rebekka_ wrote:Can I connect too even tho I'm not American?
Haha! You don't have a choice. Not optional. You're stuck with us. And as you know, the more the merrier! But it's just so unusual for people in the US to know and appreciate Frank, not like in Europe. I saw someone in the mall in a FT t shirt and I literally ran him down to talk about Frank. My teenagers were mortified. :roll:

Can't wait to hear about New Orleans!

Darlene
hahaha I'm exactly like that whenever I see someone with a FT t-shirt! :D In the UK he is pretty well known but here in Germany he is first starting to get more recognition. Altho it is going fast now with shows selling out and he is on tv a lot here now.

And I totally don't mind to be stuck with you! Looking forward to meeting you and to our road trip!!! :)

jdc

Post by jdc » Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:04 am

DaveK wrote:If anyone wants tickets to this Thursday's show in Silver Spring, MD (Frank, w/Ben Marwood), I've got two extra. It's a 21and over show.
I don't need tickets (have my two) but this will be my first Frank show, after years of ignorance, I finally dove in when I found out he'd be playing mere steps from my humble abode. If any of you are planning to attend, I'll be happy to make some new gig buddies. Let me know if you're going - shoot me a PM or whatever else and we can maybe have a chat at the show!

Josh

DaveK

Post by DaveK » Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:27 pm

I have two extra tickets because I decided to upgrade and take a VIP table. My wife and I are having a "date night", something we rarely do anymore (been married 19 years), and I've got bad knees... don't enjoy standing for 4 hours (but, I would for Frank!). Anyway, in order to get this table we had to buy two more tickets. I'll be near the ticket booth at 7 if anyone wants them.

DaveK

Post by DaveK » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:48 pm

Found someone who wanted tickets... a nice young co-worker of my wife who's in the Navy. Said she loves Frank but has never seen him live before. Gave them to her for free. Did my good deed for the week!

valderie

Post by valderie » Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:50 am

im so sad its done now for me. can ben marwood come back here all the time with frank? yes? good. :wink:

LoveStreet

Post by LoveStreet » Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:00 am

valderie wrote:im so sad its done now for me. can ben marwood come back here all the time with frank? yes? good. :wink:
I second this!!!
(But our beginnings never know our ends!)

ToTheWest

Post by ToTheWest » Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:11 am

Jeff, that's awesome; thanks for the welcome to join your merry crew. I just saw this and requested to join the FB group, but wanted to post here, too, in case you don't make the connection between Analisa and ToTheWest. Looking forward to meeting you all--jealous you get to see so many shows! Where are you guys staying in Vegas? I have a friend who lives there but would feel bad just using his place as a crash pad and showing up in the middle of the night--plus, I may be imbibing and not in a good state for driving... [Feel free to answer on the FB group.]
fadedskyjeff wrote:
ToTheWest wrote: Anyway, I'll definitely be at the LA show and have decided I'm also going to let myself do the San Diego show even if I have to call in "sick" the next day (which I hate doing). Anyone else reading this going to those? I could possibly be convinced to do the Vegas show on the 12th, but only if I knew I'd have people to hang out with once I get there, because I'm not sure I'd get anyone to make the trip with me. (Still seems we don't have many West/Southwest posters here on the forums...)
I have a group of friends that are going to be going from Denver through to San Diego, so we will be at Vegas, LA, and San Diego...It will be easy to find us, I'll be drunk and making everyone we make friends with sign my flag that I bought for the trip! There WILL be people there, and it will be a great time.

You can always contact me (Jeff) through our Facebook page that we set up for just such a thing...https://www.facebook.com/groups/525243220845451/
Brevity is not my forte.

fadedskyjeff

Post by fadedskyjeff » Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:37 am

ToTheWest wrote:Jeff, that's awesome; thanks for the welcome to join your merry crew. I just saw this and requested to join the FB group, but wanted to post here, too, in case you don't make the connection between Analisa and ToTheWest. Looking forward to meeting you all--jealous you get to see so many shows! Where are you guys staying in Vegas? I have a friend who lives there but would feel bad just using his place as a crash pad and showing up in the middle of the night--plus, I may be imbibing and not in a good state for driving... [Feel free to answer on the FB group.]
Absolutely! The whole point of the group page on Facebook is to meet friends, and have these type of experiences with each other! I just saw your request on Facebook, and will get that taken care of in a few. We are staying with a member of our group who lives in Las Vegas on the night of the Vegas show, but I do know there are a few more friends of ours coming down from SLC with us that will be staying in a hotel somewhere.

Our WHOLE itinerary is up on the Poets of the Deed page, and you can see everything that we are doing. We are revising it a bit, and I need to get those changes in, but other than that it is pretty concrete at this point.
...Me and all my friends are poets of the deed...

DaveK

Post by DaveK » Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:47 am

Fantastic night in Silver Spring! Ben Marwood was outstanding.... need to see more of him. Wasn't too crazy about Off With Their Heads, as I just saw them a month or so ago opening for Alkaline Trio. But, they weren't too bad. Frank was ACE! Got to hear Worse Things Happen At Sea! Highlight for me.... slightly upset that I didn't hear Losing Days, but that's okay. Can't complain... it was a fantastic night, date with wife, so good. Thanks to Frank and the Boys for giving us a few hours of musical heaven. My voice is shot though, don't know how you do it every night.

ezeblazin

Post by ezeblazin » Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:54 pm

I was at the Silver Spring show. Frank was great as always.. I'm just highly disappointed it was a 21+ show, there was no reason for that other than the stupid bud light sponsorship. Also upset that they were only allowed to sell bud light, bud light lime, bud light platinum and lime a ritas at the venue. They have a ton of other beers that are actually good and weren't able to sell them because of the sponsorship. I don't know why Frank would agree to that, although maybe he didn't know... I guess that's just what comes with being on a major label.

Also, I'm wondering if the new song he had "never played before" is the same new song he played the last few nights... anyone know? I don't remember any of the lyrics other than the word Aphrodite.

solinari67

Post by solinari67 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:22 pm

Songs Played in Silver Spring

SIFTW
Worse Things Happen at Sea

LI&S
Prufrock
Photo
Queen

POETRY
Try This
The Road

EKMB
Peggy
Believe
Disappeared
One Foot
If Ever
Wessex
Glory

TDH
Recovery
Tend
Sailing
Polaroid
Broken Piano
Tattoos

NEW
(untitled) (Makes a lot of Greek mythology references)
Music, Literature, and Food writer for http://dustjacketdispatch.tumblr.com/

DaveK

Post by DaveK » Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:36 pm

I really liked the new song. It seemed like an upbeat love song, nothing traumatic about it... :wink:

I also liked the fact that Frank told us his record company really doesn't like him playing new songs when the latest release hasn't been out there that long. Guess they only want him plugging that. Just another reason Frank's an artist of the people. Hope nobody contributes a video of it to youtube.... we DID make a promise... lol.

As far as the 21 and over thing goes, yeah, it was solely about the Bud Light sponsorship. I talked to the woman in charge of the VIP seating there and she said that they don't have any control over that and neither do the acts. Probably record companies and corporations hooking up.... and the fact that it was alcohol, makes it a 21 and over thing. I also hated the bud light only to buy. First time I've had that watered down piss in about 30 years. Yuck.