Finland in winter

Talk about upcoming shows, discuss shows that have happened, this isn't rocket science you know

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

Sami

Re: Finland in winter

Post by Sami » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:57 am

Maaria wrote:Hi,

I really want to go to see FT in Helsinki, I love his music and I already have tickets. But now I'm start to wondering am I some kind of freak there then, 51 years old woman maybe even alone among all these young people. Is there usually any other older people?
Well, yesterday when I entered Klubi there was a couple of those fifty something freaks right before me giving their jackets :). And there were some others too. So I think you should definitely come! In Frank Turner gig there really arent such thing as freaks...or maybe we are all freaks :D
1326, 1327, 1385, 1527, 1536

Maaria

Post by Maaria » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:03 am

Thanks Frank and Sami for encouragement!! I'll be there!

darlenet.

Post by darlenet. » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:29 am

Maaria wrote:Thanks Frank and Sami for encouragement!! I'll be there!
You will never be sorry for going, but you would regret missing it. I promise you.

Just to let you know, I am similar in age to you and went to my first show alone. And while it is awkward walking in at first, just grab a drink, and before you know it, you will be waiting with people that are kindred spirits, and they will feel like instant friends.

But the best thing is to turn your friends on to Frank's music, and then when they get hooked (which they will), you will have people to go to your next show (you never go to just one).

Have fun. I am jealous. except for the 24 degree celsius weather here!

darlene
xx
shows? 90 so far...

Kyninho

Post by Kyninho » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:06 am

What a show. Thanks. And Ballad. Yeah!

Ida-Malena

Post by Ida-Malena » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:13 pm

Had the best time in Finland, I really didn´t want to go back home! Awesome gigs and thanks Finland for treating us so nice, also great to meet Kasper, Sami and other crazy people! :)
I won´t sit down, I won´t shut up and most of all I will not grow up!

Maaria

Post by Maaria » Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:31 pm

You were right darlenet! Thank you!
Frank Turner is great mucisian, he writes great lyrics. I think he has big warm heart, if we look the way how he is doing his music and all what is part of it.

darlenet.

Post by darlenet. » Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:40 pm

Maaria wrote:You were right darlenet! Thank you!
You're welcome! So glad you had a great time.

darlene
xx
shows? 90 so far...

eh

Post by eh » Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:23 pm

After travelling around 900 kilometers to catch three shows in as many days, I'm finally back on my sofa. I can't understand how musicians can cope with touring for weeks or months or constantly, in Frank's case, after just three days I'm exhausted, and I never had to sleep in a hotel or play a show, either, just concentrate on having fun.

I'm out of words at the moment, so I'll try to write more later. But as I said to Frank yesterday, after going to see "the guy who plays an acoustic Propagandhi cover" six and half years ago, finally seeing him play that Propagandhi cover (albeit in the wrong key and misremembering some of the words ;-) made me one happy person. Not that there was anything wrong with the Queen cover he played back then, nor with the other covers I've seen him play over the years...

(Casanova Lament was another nice surprise, don't think I've heard that live since 2006, if even then.)

kasper

Post by kasper » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:00 pm

Great four days! Got to meet so many nice people and had an awesome time everywhere. Also got my first tattoo in Tampere, already planning for the next :lol:

Massive thanks to Frank & the guys and everyone else met along the way! Let's see how long it takes before I start spamming your email again about coming back to Finland! :wink:

eh

Post by eh » Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:53 pm

kasper wrote:Massive thanks to Frank & the guys and everyone else met along the way! Let's see how long it takes before I start spamming your email again about coming back to Finland! :wink:
Didn't Ben already trick him yesterday into promising to come back this year? On stage, of course, so there were about three hundred witnesses.

Ida-Malena

Post by Ida-Malena » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:23 am

Frank tweeted today that they´ll be back soon enough...that counts for me too then :mrgreen:
I won´t sit down, I won´t shut up and most of all I will not grow up!

DebaseMason

Post by DebaseMason » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:58 pm

eh wrote:
(Casanova Lament was another nice surprise, don't think I've heard that live since 2006, if even then.)
Oh my fucking god did he really play casanova lament??? If he doesn't tomorrow I'll be so sad :( (sorry for swearing but seriously)

eh

Post by eh » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:29 pm

DebaseMason wrote:
eh wrote:
Oh my fucking god did he really play casanova lament??? If he doesn't tomorrow I'll be so sad :( (sorry for swearing but seriously)
Yes. I think it was requested by one of the people who went to all four shows of the Finnish mini-tour.

Sami

Post by Sami » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:53 pm

Well. What can I say. Saw two gigs. Wanted to see 3-4, but you cant always get what you want and normally you get what you dont want. Like 2-3 day hangover from 3 days just drinking, not eating(proper food), not sleeping (that much) and I guess feeling too good and having too much fun then. But now things are getting much better.
Bought a t-shirt. Did anyone ask if they still got those scarfs left at Tavastia? Because I forgot to ask that like many other things. But of course theres manymany things that I remember. One thing is that ive probaply never been into to gig where I sang at every-fucking-song! Sometimes quiet, but unfortunately most of the time loud, out of tune, probaply wrong words and probaply sounding just like a complete idiot, but whatever :D...
Cant decide which was better, because Klubi was fucking great (as I told to Frank) and my first FT gig ever and those ones are (for me at least) 90% of the time the best ones. But then again Tavastia was also so fucking great! They played Ballad, FWBH, Recovery, there was the "sitting down thing", place was almost sold-out etc. etc...so I guess its a tie...

Thanks Frank and everybody! Everybody!
1326, 1327, 1385, 1527, 1536

kasper

Post by kasper » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:52 pm

eh wrote:
DebaseMason wrote:
eh wrote:
Yes. I think it was requested by one of the people who went to all four shows of the Finnish mini-tour.
8)