Gig Buddies - Ireland

Talk about upcoming shows, discuss shows that have happened, this isn't rocket science you know

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

lepracalvin

Re: Gig Buddies - Ireland

Post by lepracalvin » Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:19 pm

minidazzler wrote:
lepracalvin wrote:Sounds grand to me anyways. Is that O'Neill's on suffolk street by the tourist office?
The very same. I should probably have given the street :D
Nice one that's a pretty decent spot, good food, nice place! I'll add you on facebook anyways I think you left a link to it on one of the other posts..

minidazzler

Post by minidazzler » Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:28 pm

lepracalvin wrote:
minidazzler wrote:
lepracalvin wrote:Sounds grand to me anyways. Is that O'Neill's on suffolk street by the tourist office?
The very same. I should probably have given the street :D
Nice one that's a pretty decent spot, good food, nice place! I'll add you on facebook anyways I think you left a link to it on one of the other posts..
Yup, I did. Go ahead and add :) it's facebook.com/minidazzler
I'd rather be the one who loves than to be loved and never even know.

Sid

Post by Sid » Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:23 pm

Nodoby for a pre-gig meeting in Cork??
lepracalvin wrote:
Sid wrote:Lena, Jamie and I will be at the 4 Irish shows!! Would love to hang out with all of you there!! :)
Sounds good sure come along to the Dublin meet-up anyways on the sunday :-) I'll be heading over to the galway gig too, would be good to meet up with a few more people there too!..
Cool, see you there!! Are you up for a pre-gig meeting in a bar in Galway then?? ;)
"Living on the road my friend, is gonna keep you free and clean."

minidazzler

Post by minidazzler » Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:27 pm

I'll find out tomorrow if I'm up for a pre-gig in Cork. I'm very likely to be working though :( Hoping I can split my shift to go see Frank, but I'm hoping against hope. :(

lepracalvin

Post by lepracalvin » Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:31 pm

Sid wrote:Nodoby for a pre-gig meeting in Cork??
lepracalvin wrote:
Sid wrote:Lena, Jamie and I will be at the 4 Irish shows!! Would love to hang out with all of you there!! :)
Sounds good sure come along to the Dublin meet-up anyways on the sunday :-) I'll be heading over to the galway gig too, would be good to meet up with a few more people there too!..
Cool, see you there!! Are you up for a pre-gig meeting in a bar in Galway then?? ;)
Alright Sid, yea sure let's arrange a pre-gig thing in galway if you fancy. There's an American chap Scott and his wife who are gonna meet up too.
Add me on facebook anyways and we can sort something..
http://www.facebook.com/calvin.mccoy.144

Bella

Post by Bella » Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:01 pm

I'll be at Cork, Galway and Dublin :-)

booked my coach tickets today, having finally got my laptop back! Just reading through this thread and think a meet up is a great idea :-)

btw - I currently live in Naas too!

I know there are at least 2 FTHC fans in Newbridge as they were on the same bus home as e from the Franz Nicolay gig earlier this year, didn't know there was anyone from here though - small world isn't it.

Bella
x
1084 Kilkenny, 1088 Dublin, 1139 Newport, 1255 Frome, 1301 Southampton, 1303 Bath, 1307 Cork, 1308 Galway, 1310 Dublin, 1324 Dublin. Manchester, Leeds, Bristol, Birmingham, Southampton, 2000 Trees Cave, 2000 Trees Main Stage...many...lots

minidazzler

Post by minidazzler » Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:06 pm

Bella wrote:I'll be at Cork, Galway and Dublin :-)

booked my coach tickets today, having finally got my laptop back! Just reading through this thread and think a meet up is a great idea :-)

I know there are at least 2 FTHC fans in Newbridge as they were on the same bus home as e from the Franz Nicolay gig earlier this year, didn't know there was anyone from here though - small world isn't it.

Bella
x
Howya Bella, if you wanna add me or Calvin on Facebook one of us could add you to the group, that way you'll know who you are meeting and be able to memorise a face so the awkward 5 minutes of standing next to each other waiting before someone finally awkwardly asks "are you from the internet"... :D

lepracalvin

Post by lepracalvin » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:23 pm

Bella wrote:I'll be at Cork, Galway and Dublin :-)

Bella
x
Hi Bella,
strange indeed to find another FT fan from Naas!!! How are you heading over to galway and at what time? I haven't booked my transport yet but I've booked to stay in Barnacles hostel.. We should definitely arrange a meet-up for galway, there seem to be a good few people going to get together, we just need to arrange a meeting point now really. As I don't know Galway at all, I'll have to leave that to someone else I think. Any suggestions? The dublin meet-up should be good fun, a roast and some FT tunes. Anyways, add either myself or mini-dazzler on facebook, there's a meet-up group set up on that with more details etc. My facebook is http://www.facebook.com/calvin.mccoy.144

Bella

Post by Bella » Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:24 am

going to Cork first then Galway

getting the green "Dublin coach" from Naas post office to Dublin airport, then "GOBUS" express service from Dublin airport to Cork

City link bus from Cor to Galway

GOBUS from Galway to Dublin Airport, Dublin coach from airport to Naas :-)

both the GOBUS and CityLink can be (and should be - if you can) booked in advance online - cheaper than paying the driver on the day and as long as you are booked online, have your print out ticket and turn up 15 mins before the bus leaves you will definitely get a seat on the bus :-)

Bella
x
1084 Kilkenny, 1088 Dublin, 1139 Newport, 1255 Frome, 1301 Southampton, 1303 Bath, 1307 Cork, 1308 Galway, 1310 Dublin, 1324 Dublin. Manchester, Leeds, Bristol, Birmingham, Southampton, 2000 Trees Cave, 2000 Trees Main Stage...many...lots

Bella

Post by Bella » Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:29 am

oh - not sure how I'm getting to the Dublin gig - my husband is coming to that as well.

we might drive, but not sure when setting off, and he has work the next day so not sure when coming back either...

he is on antibiotics at the mo so it will depend how he feels. if he doesn't want to drive, he might not want me to either (my driving is good but my night vision is not so good) so we will get Dublin coach to red cow and then get the Luas in to town.

Bella
x

Sid

Post by Sid » Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:09 pm

For everyone who wnats to meet before shows in Ireland, join this facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1194127 ... 1/?fref=ts :)
"Living on the road my friend, is gonna keep you free and clean."

Blonde

Post by Blonde » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:18 pm

Those of you who are doing the whole Irish tour, if you aren't camping for at least one night, then you're doing it wrong...

Daire

Post by Daire » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:54 pm

I don't think you realise how cold it is at the moment!
insist on the impossible.

Emsabobs

Gig Buddies - Ireland

Post by Emsabobs » Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:12 pm

Well it's -5 in Norwich.... Brrrrr.
'Yeah I got so damn drunk and retarded, I fell down the stairs and puked in my shoe' Nothing to you - Two Gallants

hynesie

Post by hynesie » Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:02 pm

If anybodys driving from dublin to belfast and fancies giving 2 lads a lift gimme a shout. Promise i'm npt a serial killer. Goes without saying we'll chip in for petrol and tolls.